Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maras are not op and here is why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Maras are not op and here is why...

criticalhd
02.26.2018 , 10:14 AM | #1
I've been here since the alpha-beta stage of the game so you should definitely listen to me (or else). Firstly muraders are the only class in the game w/o self-healing so there's that.
Secondly, they're melee, BOOM not op, you can't deal damage if you're not in melee range, so you shouldn't stay still like a mannequin and tank muraders damage you should constatly move away from him.
So leave my favorite class alone ,I barely get invites in team ranked because the top dogs know the class is rubish and w/o self-heals and i respect that . So there . Leave us alone!

DenariusJay
02.26.2018 , 11:32 AM | #2
A tone down to Ruthless aggressor is really all that is needed IMO (and maybe a slight nerf to the escape, like increasing the cooldown 5 secs). DPS wise nothing has really changed, fury got a tiny dot buff a few months back, nothing significant, watchman was practically unchanged and combat/carnage was reworked and IDK where it stands anymore. Otherwise nothing has really changed in the DPS department. What your seeing is players have finally caught on to how awesome CC immunity is in conjunction with Ruthless aggressor and now FOTM statues has been confirmed. Fury with 1870+ alac has also sprinkled some additional tears to the forums, assuming a good player can take advantage of the speed.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

Schoock
02.26.2018 , 11:50 AM | #3
I appreciate your sarcasm.

It was sarcasm, right?
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

DavidAtkinson
02.26.2018 , 11:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
A tone down to Ruthless aggressor is really all that is needed IMO (and maybe a slight nerf to the escape, like increasing the cooldown 5 secs). DPS wise nothing has really changed, fury got a tiny dot buff a few months back, nothing significant, watchman was practically unchanged and combat/carnage was reworked and IDK where it stands anymore. Otherwise nothing has really changed in the DPS department. What your seeing is players have finally caught on to how awesome CC immunity is in conjunction with Ruthless aggressor and now FOTM statues has been confirmed. Fury with 1870+ alac has also sprinkled some additional tears to the forums, assuming a good player can take advantage of the speed.
Yeah.. good players are a bigger problem than the spec or class itself... Some people barely break 1 mil damage in warzones. How does a guy who does 3.5 mil - 4 mil look on the leaderboard compared to that.

DiavoIa
02.26.2018 , 12:08 PM | #5
Your troll is a mere 5/10, need to grind more troll exp and level some

Cherepk
02.26.2018 , 12:57 PM | #6
The ignorance of OP...... is LOL

Aeneas_Falco
02.26.2018 , 01:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by criticalhd View Post
I've been here since the alpha-beta stage of the game so you should definitely listen to me (or else). Firstly muraders are the only class in the game w/o self-healing so there's that.
Secondly, they're melee, BOOM not op, you can't deal damage if you're not in melee range, so you shouldn't stay still like a mannequin and tank muraders damage you should constatly move away from him.
So leave my favorite class alone ,I barely get invites in team ranked because the top dogs know the class is rubish and w/o self-heals and i respect that . So there . Leave us alone!
I'm fairly certain this a wind-up post and the bolded is why.

The OP overplayed his hand with that doozy.

Kyuuu
02.26.2018 , 01:58 PM | #8
there are 2 pure dps classes in this game mauarader and sniper and sniper is ranged, of ALL the dps in the Marauder should always have the higher numbers followed by snipers then ever other dps class, but the dcd that heal that almost all other class have put DCD of marauder to shame, sure we have undying rage for 5 seconds make us tanking and the spec into Ruthless Aggressor make Obfuscate for 6 seconds, but they all just delay the inevitable and sure as hell dont heal us reliable like they almost ever other class dcd can, then there class that have base heals + 2~3 DCD that heal the reliable in comparison which is even more broke.

Even Snipers have better DCD that heal them then us. PURE DPS class should ALWAYS be best dps in the game. plain and simple, A class that can be heal/dps should not be anywhere close dps wise to pure dps class and neither should a class that can be tank/dps. IT defeats the purpose of being a PURE DPS class and ranged PURE DPS class should lower dps then MELEE PURE DPS.

only thing marauders have is there dps at this point snipers a pure dps class can sit in one spot pop dcd and tank multiple people far longer then marauder can and get healed from those dcd and merc can heal them self + 3 other dcd that will them to full 2 of which will make them tanky far long then marauder while get heal back to full forget bout all that on healer merc.

And people want to complain about marauders? I played marauder since day one too, but like said there DPS should be top dog, there only melee pure dps class and only other class that pure dps is ranged snipers. and DCD wise marauders arnt top dog in anymore , merc rule that atm even snipers due to sure stupid amount of DCD that heals more reliably then anything marauders have.

septru
02.26.2018 , 02:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
sure we have undying rage for 5 seconds make us tanking and the spec into Ruthless Aggressor make Obfuscate for 6 seconds, but they all just delay the inevitable
Assuming the mara is playing fury and taking the right utilities (which they are stupid not to):

Opener for mara: Ruthless aggressor + cc immunity from fury + blood ward = 18 seconds of CC immunity.
Ruthless aggressor (assuming they only get one RA) + undying = 11 seconds of God mode
Predation + all the roots, snares, slows, and stuns = inability to kite maras.
Predation + maddash + obliterate = root immunity

There is no inevitable. There will never be an inevitable because you'd be more successful dpsing a NiM boss than dpsing a mara.

And by some chance, by some unforeseen miracle, if you ever do get a mara low, all they have to do is force camo out, wait to get outa combat, and htf. Legit you want to know the skill level it takes to play mara? Smash your face on your keyboard for 1m and you will still outlive a pt.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."

RACATW
02.26.2018 , 03:14 PM | #10
Tbh it pains me seeing a bunch of ranged mains getting mad at a melee main right now in this meta.