Two patients in pvp. And you can not do anything?

irratare

I think this is known to most players on Satel Shan server. In pvp come two. One (Phobos) simply stands and takes damage, or hides, and the second runs around in circles and spam - Phobos is god, phobos is god. And nothing can be done - rip, because two clowns have entered. And this is repeated all the time, day after day, all month., And in the fleet the second idiot, too, spamming this his own - Fobos is a god. And one Phobos also does not fight, bands with him always lose. What, really nothing can be done to these two patients, allowed a huge server to play normally?

Is this a triumph of tolerance or what?:mad:

Edited by irratare

I think this is known to most players on Satel Shan server. In pvp come two. One (Phobos) simply stands and takes damage, or hides, and the second runs around in circles and spam - Phobos is god, phobos is god. And nothing can be done - rip, because two clowns have entered. And this is repeated all the time, day after day, all month., And in the fleet the second idiot, too, spamming this his own - Fobos is a god. And one Phobos also does not fight, bands with him always lose. What, really nothing can be done to these two patients, allowed a huge server to play normally?

I think I have no idea what you just said...

Is this a prayer? Im confused

Damn, the translator does that. I'll try differently. There are two players who interfere with the normal play of pvp. Do this often. One - Phobos, enters the arena and just does not fight. The second runs around and screams that Phobos is a god. As a result, the group loses. They do so not for the first month. Everyday. You can not lock them. They are in my ignore list, but I still, like many others, are with them in the same group. And I ask - what can I do?

:rak_02:

Damn, the translator does that. I'll try differently. There are two players who interfere with the normal play of pvp. Do this often. One - Phobos, enters the arena and just does not fight. The second runs around and screams that Phobos is a god. As a result, the group loses. They do so not for the first month. Everyday. You can not lock them. They are in my ignore list, but I still, like many others, are with them in the same group. And I ask - what can I do?

leave the match, wait 1 minute a re-que.

well if you play on the same faction u can add them to friendlist, keep track on them and dont Q before they're inside an arena.

And here i thought that dm is full of trolls lol.

FYI to anyone who might have been tempted to try to actually do something about phobos:

I actually recorded 10+ rounds of phobos doing his thing and put them on unlisted youtube videos. Him talking about how he was going throw in ops chat, just standing there every round clearly not lagged out, the whole 9 yards. As good of proof as you are going to get, really.

I sent Keith a PM explaining that this guy was singlehandedly ruining an entire game mode on their largest server (at this point in time he was literally queuing 8+ hours a day, and the server was harbinger pre merges) with links to the youtube videos.

To my surprise, he responded and said he would pass the videos on to their TOS team (or something like that, I forget the exact name) and told me he would request more footage if needed. I had mentioned that the footage was very easy to get. Just hop on a toon that doesn't have ELO already so you're in the **** bracket with him and more often than not he'd be in your game and he'd throw it.

What came of this? Seemingly nothing. If he got banned it was a slap on the wrist and he is clearly not deterred by it.

tl;dr queue dodge him or just stop playing solos when he's on, bioware won't really do anything about him and he's not going to stop

Edited by yellow_

FYI to anyone who might have been tempted to try to actually do something about phobos:

I actually recorded 10+ rounds of phobos doing his thing and put them on unlisted youtube videos. Him talking about how he was going throw in ops chat, just standing there every round clearly not lagged out, the whole 9 yards. As good of proof as you are going to get, really.

I sent Keith a PM explaining that this guy was singlehandedly ruining an entire game mode on their largest server (at this point in time he was literally queuing 8+ hours a day, and the server was harbinger pre merges) with links to the youtube videos.

To my surprise, he responded and said he would pass the videos on to their TOS team (or something like that, I forget the exact name) and told me he would request more footage if needed. I had mentioned that the footage was very easy to get. Just hop on a toon that doesn't have ELO already so you're in the **** bracket with him and more often than not he'd be in your game and he'd throw it.

What came of this? Seemingly nothing. If he got banned it was a slap on the wrist and he is clearly not deterred by it.

tl;dr queue dodge him or just stop playing solos when he's on, bioware won't really do anything about him and he's not going to stop

It’s no different to reporting hackers or cheats. You can go to great lengths and get proof and nothing happens but a slap on the wrist. Even when they are repeat offenders, nothing happens.

No deterrent to bad behaviour = green light to be a scrub or troll

I’ve given up bothering anymore. My time is more precious to me than wasting it trying to do Biowares job of policing the game.

Is this guy just a troll or are you always seeing some of the same players on the other team when you get paired with him?.

He often goes with his friend who screams about his great love for him. He does not help anyone. Sometimes he lf a a group PVP. lf2m granded for mats. By the way, this is another problem of the game - that is rewarded even if you stand and do nothing. I've seen teams of assassins a couple of times, who all the time just hide, waiting for the end of the round. And the phobos and his love friend are just great trolls.

I think this Phobos guy has a point.

If we look to the UNRANKED pvp here on swtor, we see a major issue

the Ranked content is not up to par, this in turn drives players that otherwise would stay in ranked into the unranked zones, mistakenly believing that because THEY are unhappy with content they have some granted RIGHT to impose their level of skill and expectations in the unranked INTRODUCTION zones.

I for one is 100% firm on "sabotage" on every group O am on as long as they have the expectations of ANY level of skill or PVP knowledge as long as I am in the UNRANKED zones.

The UNRANKED zones are not meant for any level of competition, it is meant as an introduction to the "limited" pvp in the game.....this is why there are zero requirements to queue up, while ranked have a minimum valor level.

It is in fact playing the game going to the pvp zones and doing nothing what so ever, running around and sabotaging....is all good and all in line with TOS, or the WZ would have some minimum requirement.

The fact that content is missin in A, does not in any way grant a right to demand said content in B

I think this Phobos guy has a point.

If we look to the UNRANKED pvp here on swtor, we see a major issue

the Ranked content is not up to par, this in turn drives players that otherwise would stay in ranked into the unranked zones, mistakenly believing that because THEY are unhappy with content they have some granted RIGHT to impose their level of skill and expectations in the unranked INTRODUCTION zones.

I for one is 100% firm on "sabotage" on every group O am on as long as they have the expectations of ANY level of skill or PVP knowledge as long as I am in the UNRANKED zones.

The UNRANKED zones are not meant for any level of competition, it is meant as an introduction to the "limited" pvp in the game.....this is why there are zero requirements to queue up, while ranked have a minimum valor level.

It is in fact playing the game going to the pvp zones and doing nothing what so ever, running around and sabotaging....is all good and all in line with TOS, or the WZ would have some minimum requirement.

The fact that content is missin in A, does not in any way grant a right to demand said content in B

There is no expectation of skill or gear, but people are expected to TRY to win. It cannot be an expectation because your seriousness cannot be tested or measured by the game, but common sense and social sense should make it obvious that the requirement is there.

Think of elementary school basketball teams. Unless the kids are truly ******es there wouldn't be too many requirements to get accepted to play the game. You don't need to be the strongest or fastest kid to be accepted. There usually isn't even a height limit. But the ONE thing that you are expected to do is to PLAY THE OBJECTIVE, and if you willingly choose not to do that (for wrongly inferring from the lack of requirements that it is fine, or for any other reason) then you will be swiftly and fairly kicked out (kick), and probably won't be accepted in the next few games (temporary ban)

Edited by Rafiknoll

There is no expectation of skill or gear, but people are expected to TRY to win. It cannot be an expectation because your seriousness cannot be tested or measured by the game, but common sense and social sense should make it obvious that the requirement is there.

Think of elementary school basketball teams. Unless the kids are truly ******es there wouldn't be too many requirements to get accepted to play the game. You don't need to be the strongest or fastest kid to be accepted. There usually isn't even a height limit. But the ONE thing that you are expected to do is to PLAY THE OBJECTIVE, and if you willingly choose not to do that (for wrongly inferring from the lack of requirements that it is fine, or for any other reason) then you will be swiftly and fairly kicked out (kick), and probably won't be accepted in the next few games (temporary ban)

I agree to this, however the reality is that once you pop into the unranked WZs you are met with demands, be it to "know" in advance where and how to call incommings, play objectives etc, and when you are "called out" commented on etc etc and given advice on how to "research pvp in a non pvp game" with references to videos, guides etc to pvp-This is to have expectations and this is to make unreasonable demands.

Let me tell you about my last (possibly ever) PVP session in SWTOR.

I hardly ever play PVP, and my knowledge of the various maps are at best extremely limited, I know almost nothing.

I am also a long time player of the game, through PVE I have opened much, including being fully and cosmetically customized even at level 1.

I then decide to NOT go directly to fleet, pick the pvp introduction mission before I finish the start planet, which I do at level 20 in this case.

I NOW decide to do this mission, it still gives me a huge chunk of xp and more

I now pop in and come on a map I do not know at all, however there is an objective, which I stay close to and tries to hold/take.

I am then trashed by not being fast enough to call incoming, or die to fast, or did something else wrong.

The very second this happened I threw the match making sure we lost....because my team didn't behave like "people"

There was nothing that to me made it relevant to complain at all, we are talking at best 20 minutes duration.

I didn't know the map, it could have been my first ever trip to pvp....resulting in the "unresonable" pvp community making demands, and claiming they have the right .....becasue they are not happy with the ranked content....well then play battlefront......I say.

It is this that drives people away from pvp in the game, and unless you enter the game with a pvp only mindset then you will not ever find pvp here any way near the "attractive" feature it was supposed to be.

I am intelligent enough to realize that if I PUG anything, then ALL my expectations are ZERO, because it may be a frist timer in the group, or someone less experienced than me........and I am intelligent enough to realize this and accept this.

Now for the most part the PVP player bse consensus is that a game with ANY pvp feature is ONLY a pvp game, and that they have a right by the TOS to migrate and demand in other areas due to being unhappy with content.

Now add the silly nerfing of abilities in PVP that impact PVE....THAT is the main reason the game may be dying...

We satify the class balance in a "side feature" of the game, at the cost of the main game.......go figure

I think I have no idea what you just said...

I have a very clear idea of what he said ant this is, indeed, a problem in ranked that bioware takes way too long to resolve and is too lenient with punishments... Provided they happen.

This is just unacceptable. Meanwhile you can get banned for "hacking" when you take advantage of acid phase and win too often as a sorc or oper...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

This is the worst thing about heavily pvp populated servers. You get players who are really not that good at playing pvp, so they that have this need to teach bioware and the community a lesson. OR just to throw on certain players.

The fact that someone would ruin a experience for people because it's not up to par will never work, and it has obviously been proven by now that it will never work. Take your skills to something useful, and stop giving people a bad time for playing a video game.

For the record. Phobos has been banned multiple times. He simply makes new accounts named Phobos with new alt codes, and proceeds to throw again.

On the other hand, the other two throwers on the server, Daddy Winchester and Aryaax have not been banned ever.

Last night (2/17/18 at approximately 12:10 pm est) all three were present in my solo ranked match. All three were throwing. I have screenshots if anyone wants.

On a side note. All of the above named are gods. The solo ranked que has never been better. Please don't throw on me.

I agree to this, however the reality is that once you pop into the unranked WZs you are met with demands, be it to "know" in advance where and how to call incommings, play objectives etc, and when you are "called out" commented on etc etc and given advice on how to "research pvp in a non pvp game" with references to videos, guides etc to pvp-This is to have expectations and this is to make unreasonable demands.

Let me tell you about my last (possibly ever) PVP session in SWTOR.

I hardly ever play PVP, and my knowledge of the various maps are at best extremely limited, I know almost nothing.

I am also a long time player of the game, through PVE I have opened much, including being fully and cosmetically customized even at level 1.

I then decide to NOT go directly to fleet, pick the pvp introduction mission before I finish the start planet, which I do at level 20 in this case.

I NOW decide to do this mission, it still gives me a huge chunk of xp and more

I now pop in and come on a map I do not know at all, however there is an objective, which I stay close to and tries to hold/take.

I am then trashed by not being fast enough to call incoming, or die to fast, or did something else wrong.

The very second this happened I threw the match making sure we lost....because my team didn't behave like "people"

There was nothing that to me made it relevant to complain at all, we are talking at best 20 minutes duration.

I didn't know the map, it could have been my first ever trip to pvp....resulting in the "unresonable" pvp community making demands, and claiming they have the right .....becasue they are not happy with the ranked content....well then play battlefront......I say.

It is this that drives people away from pvp in the game, and unless you enter the game with a pvp only mindset then you will not ever find pvp here any way near the "attractive" feature it was supposed to be.

I am intelligent enough to realize that if I PUG anything, then ALL my expectations are ZERO, because it may be a frist timer in the group, or someone less experienced than me........and I am intelligent enough to realize this and accept this.

I see where you are coming from and the morons who can't accept that less experienced people will PVP in their team are trash and don't deserve attention, but don't attempt to lose on purpose or stop trying to win for having these morons in your group. Unless you got scolded by 3+ people, the rest of the group simply don't deserve it, and as soon as you start doing it purposely, then you actually make the rational people get angry, and this causes quite a snowball effect...

Ignore the morons who can't stand losing in pug and focus on objective chat and the game itself. You get better and less morons target you (of course they will always target someone eventually). Know that you are on the right as long as you don't stoop to their level, and keep doing your best, because this is all that you are asked to do.

Now for the most part the PVP player bse consensus is that a game with ANY pvp feature is ONLY a pvp game, and that they have a right by the TOS to migrate and demand in other areas due to being unhappy with content.

Now add the silly nerfing of abilities in PVP that impact PVE....THAT is the main reason the game may be dying...

We satify the class balance in a "side feature" of the game, at the cost of the main game.......go figure

I actually am among those who play PVE and PVP and understand the frustration with people who narrowly think that there is nothing else other than PVP that matters, but I also agree that we can't have class imbalance too great in PVP, and therefore sometimes nerfing here and there is a necessity, even if some players used the class for pure PVE reasons and will now suffer for it.

This game sustains PVE and PVP, while they don't need opposite things, they don't always require the same things. Therefore none will ever be 100% balanced.

I see where you are coming from and the morons who can't accept that less experienced people will PVP in their team are trash and don't deserve attention, but don't attempt to lose on purpose or stop trying to win for having these morons in your group. Unless you got scolded by 3+ people, the rest of the group simply don't deserve it, and as soon as you start doing it purposely, then you actually make the rational people get angry, and this causes quite a snowball effect...

Ignore the morons who can't stand losing in pug and focus on objective chat and the game itself. You get better and less morons target you (of course they will always target someone eventually). Know that you are on the right as long as you don't stoop to their level, and keep doing your best, because this is all that you are asked to do.

I actually am among those who play PVE and PVP and understand the frustration with people who narrowly think that there is nothing else other than PVP that matters, but I also agree that we can't have class imbalance too great in PVP, and therefore sometimes nerfing here and there is a necessity, even if some players used the class for pure PVE reasons and will now suffer for it.

This game sustains PVE and PVP, while they don't need opposite things, they don't always require the same things. Therefore none will ever be 100% balanced.

Indeed they don't have to be "this level" of opposites.......but this what it is and I am trying to understand why.

Let's look at the quick travel and open area pvp as is still in the game.

I began playing on a pvp server, wanting the little added challenge of risking things LATER in the game.

This does not mean that I as lvl 30ish are in any way interested in being attcked on random by a lvl 55, 60 etc just because I am on a mission that brings me into a disputed area.

By the way there is still a cooldown if you are new enough to not have it fully unlocked in legacy.

Add the fact that in PVP people will cheat if they can, because they can, so to prevent this SWTOR made a descition that prevented growth in population. They decided to allow the pvp flag button to work in the following way.

Once flagged.....even from game bugs and the like aka you didn't choose to unflag, you had to wait 5 minutes in a zafe area to be allowed to turn it off, yet no cooldown to turn it on.

I would argue that doing the reverse would still prevent this from being used to cheat in pvp, and still make it "genk free" for the other players out there.

So you can turn OFF flag freely, with zero cooldown, but IF you do you have a 5 minute cooldown to turn the flag back ON...........this will "save" the intended players..pve-ers from leaving the game.

Now I opted to subscribe to get HK-51, doing so I had to go through a open pvp area.

That is ok, IF the mission info had said this is a pvp mission, but nothing like this was informed about.

So I was not pvp geared, as I was not in any way wanting to pvp........I was attacked on sight by camping PVPers.....preventing me from getting what I paid for in the game.

I had at the time a low level legacy and had a 20m or 10m cooldown on the QT, I could not simply qt to a nearby place and stay the flag cooldown........

I qt to a safe zone, I let the cooldown go before I leave......you never know....some may take it as me being interested in pvp........so this now forces me to NOT play for the duration i a game I paid to play.

So I returned, only to be killed again................now with an even longer cooldown

Eventually I managed to PAY someone to basically guide me through the area and I never saw a reason to return.

I made a mistake of following the game as "given" when missions pop up and you are leveling, even the pvp "introduction" is something to at least try once................no it is not, in fact I advice new players to never ever go pvp unless they have years of experience from other games in pvp alone.

I enter with the gear I have, I don't care at all about the broken bolster, so I don't care about gear.

I enter with a mindset that to me winning or losing are concepts beyond my skill level, so I focus on trying to simply DO....again this backfires on ME through mean chats, hating etc............by PVP skilled players that somehow sees it as a right given to them by EA/BW that becuse they are unhappy with ranked content then their "level of competitiveness" is by default the rule and they use this as an argument.

I say they have no such right, they should not expect any level of anything, and IF they pug into a group with players that seem to do everything wrong on purpose.........then accept it, PUG again and odds are you will have abetter group.

However in order to grow in skill, you have to WANT TO, and being hated on for having ZERO skill by players with inflated expectation in the wrong place is not makeing me at least WANT TO.

Now if I were to try to dedicate ONE full day, usually 4-6 hours to ONLY PVP I would grow somewhat in skill, at least until I have a pause long enough to forget everything.....

If I were to do this on SWTOR, I would not want to complete the day.....some pvpers that have never been outside the start planets and fleet have decided that becuse THEY re unhappy with content I have to follow their rules and not the rules of the game that actually invites me with ZERO skill to try

Now naturally one should always try, doing anything and not trying is simply dumb......

But I may be trying my darndest, and I may be seeing results as my skill is so low that even managing an attack is a feat by itself, let alone a defense......

However if my skill is so low that no matter what I am either very much too late, or do everthing wrong, the other PLAYERS naturally will not if I am this bad, or if am a troll........and they then generalize and decide I am a troll.

Now If was only allowed to be so bad my team ONLY ever loose and people would accept this and shut their yapps, then I would be happy to begin pvp again, but I had enough trying for 5 days in vain getting the HK ( before paying someone to help), I had enough having pugged into 8 different WZ, not having the time to learn either only to be chewed out for doing wrong.........

Now if a certain playerbase realized what game they play....a PVE game then I am sure I would love to want to pvp again.

As to now I am of the firm mind that I have right to loose, even cause a loss in unranked ( introduction) WZ, and not get a single comment other than 100% accptance.

To compare: I am pugging a group for an operation.......All my guys are lvl 60+

it then turns out 4 are new to the game having used a token, and or master's datacron, they have zero knowledge of the operation.....

I decided to PUG, so I then accepted the outcome, in this case a clueless group and not the experience I wanted....so I talk to my guild, or my friends and do not pug, do not get into randomness.

and with zero consquenses for a loss the win at all cost thing seems silly to me, I can actually attain MAX valor rank and never win a single fight ever.....................so the win at all cost thing is at best mildly stupid

Your HK story is very weird. There used to be PvE servers in which you have a simple possibility to turn the flag off and be immune to PVP. Now on each server, you have the PVE instance which functions the same. There is no place in the game which requires you to even risk PVP except for the PVP missions of the gree events.

And there are consequences to losing: you get about half the valor and reduced rewards for losing, and your comment about valor level 100 just makes things worse. I could win 300 warzones and not gain valor 100, I really rather not have to lose 600 to get to the same point...

But anyway if you don't like to PVP, don't PVP. It is your right. That would never justify going to PVP just to make people mad though. The subjects in this thread are trolling for trolling, and enjoy ruining the matches of other players. This is not an acceptable behavior in any community, and is bannable. That is all there is to it.

you are wrong on the HK Mission

You have to get this item from a vendor in outlaws den....at least had to, things may have been changed.

Now once you enterd the area you were autoflagged.......with a long turn off cooldown.

Add to this numnerous, mostly fixed now finally, bugs causing AOE to trigger pvp flagging, be it you are in their AOE, or they in yours......

I tokk me no less than 8 days to go through Outlaws den to get that one HK part........that I paid for as a subscriber....had the mission warned of PVP I would never have done it.

I have several friends that quit the game having tried for more than 3 times to go through outlaws den to get the item....( which at the time was needed.....................some told me it is also in the seekerdroid missions and the macrobinocular ones)

Now add to this 20ish minutes overland travel for a legcy with zero unlocks, moving overland between the QT points with the QT timer being in 10s of minutes and not getting faster.

Add limited or no resurrection medical probes for the non sub etc etc....

Here is the issue with PVP on swtor.....not the pvp, nor the rules or bugs, but that the flag button has a off cooldown rather than the "more sane" turn back on cooldown, allowing a free with no cooldown turn off.

So yeah the issue is that unfortunately 99.999% of the PVP population is not mature enough to be awake after dark, and reflects this in how they treat others, especially those so bad and lacking so much skill they can barely run in a circle......and THEY are meant to be in the Unranked Zones by design.

Here is the issue with PVP on swtor.....not the pvp, nor the rules or bugs, but that the flag button has a off cooldown rather than the "more sane" turn back on cooldown, allowing a free with no cooldown turn off.

Well, this was like that but it is a long time no longer the case. You know that there is no PVP in PVE instances? And even PVP instances are so deserted that you are almost guaranteed not to find anyone in there.

So yeah the issue is that unfortunately 99.999% of the PVP population is not mature enough to be awake after dark, and reflects this in how they treat others, especially those so bad and lacking so much skill they can barely run in a circle......and THEY are meant to be in the Unranked Zones by design.

But 99.999% are not complained about for trolling and ruining matches, so apparently, those truly immature are rarer than you claim, and therefore can be safely banned without affecting the population. I dare say that letting them roam free will harm population even more. They are like serial killers of the will to play.

I don't disagree that what you are saying isn't a possible or likely explanation to their reasons and motives. But those reasons are simply not good enough to let them avoid punishments for the sake of the good of the community. Analogy: Bank robbers who robbed a bank due to their house being robbed don't get exonerated...

Well, this was like that but it is a long time no longer the case. You know that there is no PVP in PVE instances? And even PVP instances are so deserted that you are almost guaranteed not to find anyone in there.

But 99.999% are not complained about for trolling and ruining matches, so apparently, those truly immature are rarer than you claim, and therefore can be safely banned without affecting the population. I dare say that letting them roam free will harm population even more. They are like serial killers of the will to play.

I don't disagree that what you are saying isn't a possible or likely explanation to their reasons and motives. But those reasons are simply not good enough to let them avoid punishments for the sake of the good of the community. Analogy: Bank robbers who robbed a bank due to their house being robbed don't get exonerated...

First off the outlaw's den and the enforced "surprise" pvp may be gone, as I said I tend to stay away from the "plague".

By my wordings you might also reach the correct conclusion that I don't really care much for or even like pvp

My own experiences have been less than "good" when we speak of swtor pvp.

I am almost 100% unskilled, and this means IF I was to guard a node, I would die by typing in any incoming call, be it G1 or S1 or something that simple......I do not key bind, I use wasd for movements, occationally q and e for sidesteppings. I mostly stand and move very little in combat, not for a lack of trying but I just don't get it...

So I enter a feature of a game that will propel me a huge way to leveling up....opened at level 10( ish)

With my total lack of skill I can not in any way contribute to a team victory, I am only a burden.....but I have this right

The game allows me to go into an unranked and "by design and concept" a much less competitive environment, where by design I can be allowed to outright "suck" and everyone is on the level, naturally some most will be my betters, but no level of anything is expected...and players like me are allowed to grow and "want to".

However I am given so and so advice, then spoken to like I am retarded when I fail........but I try, I try so hard I sweat and curse........but the results are no seen.

So I become the target, people commenting, complaining and hating on..........this does not want to improve ( for them) but makes me want to sabotage for them......teach them what is to be expected in a "random" setting that any Unranked PUG is.

So I try my darndest, my team do not see the result, I am now the "hate" object, I am blamed etc etc...........

Now, for a moment suppose that ALL were "smart" enough to realize two things...........

1) The Game by design has ALL unranked WZs for random totally expect nothing and be maybe happy once, pvp aspect, with any level of competiton in ranked ( content or lack thereof aside)

2) You CAN NOT LOSE anything in the WZs, you can progress slower.

PVP on swtor always gives a revard of something............so there is no loss, just "less" of a win.

If you played a lottery, and you always won at least your money back by default, then you have not lost if you missed out on the jackpot, you still win....but only less

If you played a lottery, and you always won at least your money back by default, then you have not lost if you missed out on the jackpot, you still win....but only less

While I will admit the majority get to toxic over losing, there is a currency in which you pay for your "ticket" to the lottery, and it is "time". Unlike the ingame currencies time is absolutely real, and many rational people will not mindlessly invest it in a game, just as they would limit how much money they invest in a game. Therefore, if I have only a set amount of time to invest in a game and someone else purposely causes my investment to give diminished returns (often summing the total to a loss) then it is a bad thing. I am not referring to unskilled people accidentally mistaken for trolls, I am speaking of trolls. There are some sure patterns, and the odd chat behavior described in this thread is one of them. This guy is a real troll and he wastes the real time from the real life of real people. That's bad enough