Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

By request from players.. plz dev's Nerf Mara's dps by 40%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
By request from players.. plz dev's Nerf Mara's dps by 40%

VIZIOO
02.13.2018 , 10:47 PM | #1
Been talking to a lot of player and we can all agree that Mara's dps is broken.. leave the survivability but plz nerf the dps or fix it plz.. tone it down. This will leave the Mara with 60% which is more than enough to complete quest and Operations and still viable in pvp.. plz Nerf Maras..by request from most players..

Thank You:
Att: subscribers

DavidAtkinson
02.13.2018 , 11:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by VIZIOO View Post
Been talking to a lot of player and we can all agree that Mara's dps is broken.. leave the survivability but plz nerf the dps or fix it plz.. tone it down. This will leave the Mara with 60% which is more than enough to complete quest and Operations and still viable in pvp.. plz Nerf Maras..by request from most players..

Thank You:
So you want to nerf the only class that can destroy mercs easily ? How very surprising.. With snipers it's sometimes challenging.
Before asking for nerfs perhaps you should look inward and check your skills first.

40% ? I think perhaps you need to learn to play first because it seems you have no clue what your talking about.

My first and last post in this thread... The troll smell is too strong here and I am allergic to it.

TrixxieTriss
02.14.2018 , 01:00 AM | #3

Thank You:
Please dont start another nerf Mara thread. There is already another 2 that have discussed nerfing Mara’s till we all ran out of steam.
One thing I can tell you from those other threads is not one person asked for a 40% dps reduction. So I’m not sure who all the players are who want it.
Im pretty sure your problem is a L2P one because even those who have asked for nerfs before aren’t advocating such a massive reduction.

Devs, please ignore this thread.

Rafiknoll
02.14.2018 , 02:22 AM | #4
I and the posters above me (OP excluded) are not part of those who want maras nerfed, even though mara is one of the 2 classes that I hate playing. Who exactly are the guys who want them nerfed so drastically, completely unaware of the most basic rule of this game that all DPS must deal the approx same damage?

Just to remind you 11k - 40% = 6.6k. This is lower than 4.0 damage. This is maybe what fully tank gear with def mods can parse. If this is the dummy damage, the PVP damage will be capped at something like 4k for the best players, and (given that in regs you don't see many 4ks) it would mean the average damage a mara will do is 1k.

This is not a "nerf mara" thread, it is a "remove mara" thread or "utterly destroy mara and throw it to the bottom of the PVP foodchain while also rendering it useless in PvE content, conclusively making it a don't-play-anywhere class" thread.

RooRider
02.14.2018 , 02:33 AM | #5

Thank You:
Just quietly, I don't think you speak on behalf of most players.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games

Liquor
02.14.2018 , 03:05 AM | #6
Mara is fine. Learn when to DCD, interrupt and CC.
Many are trash and blow through their rotations into reflect and bubble

Yezzan
02.14.2018 , 03:31 AM | #7
What's the rationale for the nerf? Did you pluck that 40% Dps nerf out your asset?

Do you play a marauder?

Try to 1v1 an operative then come back.

merovejec
02.14.2018 , 03:40 AM | #8
By request from Mara players.... plz dev's leave Mara's dps alone.

But seriously as it was pointed out here, there are so many ways to counter them. Classes have reflect, stuns, roots evasion/kiting abilities..... the class itself quite challenging to play and in the hands of an unskilled player the class fails.

I really would say that the balance in PVP is quite decent at the moment. In ranked I see PT dps, Juggs, Sorcs, basically all classes, people are not afraid to take their favourite class to PVP, its not only Mercs and Snipers! On DM server we see everything and noone complains as far as I know.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

Yezzan
02.14.2018 , 03:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
By request from Mara players.... plz dev's leave Mara's dps alone.

But seriously as it was pointed out here, there are so many ways to counter them. Classes have reflect, stuns, roots evasion/kiting abilities..... the class itself quite challenging to play and in the hands of an unskilled player the class fails.

I really would say that the balance in PVP is quite decent at the moment. In ranked I see PT dps, Juggs, Sorcs, basically all classes, people are not afraid to take their favourite class to PVP, its not only Mercs and Snipers! On DM server we see everything and noone complains as far as I know.
unless you are lightening sorc trying to 1v1 a concealment operative.

merovejec
02.14.2018 , 03:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
What's the rationale for the nerf? Did you pluck that 40% Dps nerf out your asset?

Do you play a marauder?

Try to 1v1 an operative then come back.
I will just leave this here.... was a solo ranked match

Buff operatives
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890