Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crit/Critical Cap/Diminishing Returns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Crit/Critical Cap/Diminishing Returns

cybearr
02.26.2018 , 02:11 AM | #1
Hey Y`all,

nobody seems to know the answer for this or they avoid giving a definitive answer, but just wondering, in the current patch 5.6 is there an amount of critical rating/percentage (for deception sin) that is too much? and taking everything into consideration? such as relics, class buffs etc?
I found when my crit is at 45% (with class buffs) and I have a crit relic on, my crits are much lower then they should be
so hence I did some research, but the best i could find was guesswork and personal opinions with no research behind it.
Could I just ask before you post your reply, to also attach what you base your opinion on.
Thanks

kissingaiur
02.26.2018 , 06:50 AM | #2
Crit soft cap is 1800.

https://www.scribd.com/document/370568213/crit-DR (not done by me)
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

orangenkaiser
02.26.2018 , 07:04 AM | #3
No guess works, just maths: SWTOR: DR.

Also, here's a per point breakdown of what critical rating adds: Critical Rating DR
Snazzy Signature here

Schoock
02.26.2018 , 12:07 PM | #4
Crit chance from crit rating is hard capped at 30%, from mastery the cap is 20%. The crit multiplier is also capped at 30%. These functions are, however, all in the form of cap * (1 - base ^ (rating / something)), where base is a little less than one, so they only converge to the cap; you cannot actually reach it.

There's no single point from which it is pointless to take more crit, but there's a point from which you benefit more from something else. That something else is usually alacrity, but with the GCD rounding not just any amount of alacrity makes sense.

I have written about this in my PvP guide up in the sticky section, please take some time to read it if you're interested.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse