Auction House?

Xtrema

The auction house in this game is in fact the GTN or Galactic Trade Network. Each faction has two GTNs, a faction GTN and a neutral GTN.

Your faction GTN is located at the fleet and also at your capital planet. The GTN kiosks located at the fleet and on your capital planet are linked. The neutral GTN is located on the moon of Nar Shaddaa. The faction GTN is not linked to the neutral GTN. "Neutral" in this case means you can buy from and sell to players of the opposing faction.

The Empire capital planet is Dromund Kaas and the Republic capital planet is Coruscant.

Do know that "Galactic Trade Network" is really a misnomer. During beta, there was a GTN kiosk on every planet. Toward the end of beta, they removed all of the GTN kiosks from all planets except the capital planets.

Edited by BlackRifle

The auction house in this game is in fact the GTN or Galactic Trade Network. Each faction has two GTNs, a faction GTN and a neutral GTN.

Your faction GTN is located at the fleet and also at your capital planet. The GTN kiosks located at the fleet and on your capital planet are linked. The neutral GTN is located on the moon of Nar Shadda. The faction GTN is not linked to the neutral GTN. "Neutral" in this case means you can buy from and sell to players of the opposing faction.

The Empire capital planet is Dromund Kaas and the Republic capital planet is Coruscant.

wow, I did not know that. Did I miss a codex or something? Is the market typically bigger on the neutral GTN? I gotta check that out when I get home. So when ppl say Auction House which GTN are they referring to?

By the way, I added more text to my first reply.

wow, I did not know that. Did I miss a codex or something? Is the market typically bigger on the neutral GTN? I gotta check that out when I get home. So when ppl say Auction House which GTN are they referring to?

I'm quite surprised you haven't come across the GTN on your own by level 38. No offense, just saying. When people say "auction house," they could be referring to either one, but the more popular GTN seems to be the faction GTN. I have used the neutral GTN myself, but due to its isolated location, I use the faction GTN most of the time.

I really wish BioWare would restore the GTN kiosks on all planets. I feel that their decision to remove all the kiosks hurts the economy. On my server, there certainly is a tremendous lack of goods for sale, in my opinion.

Edited by BlackRifle

Do know that "Galactic Trade Network" is really a misnomer. During beta, there was a GTN kiosk on every planet. Toward the end of beta, they removed all of the GTN kiosks from all planets except the capital planets.

Seriously? I only got weekend beta so I never got past dromund kaas, that's so lame. Did they say why they removed it?

Just to clarify, people use "auction house" as a generic term for the GTN because they are used to WoW, even though you can't actually auction things in this game.

ohhh, so it's a WoW term, no wonder :p

By the way, I added more text to my first reply.

I'm quite surprised you haven't come across the GTN on your own by level 38. No offense, just saying. When people say "auction house," they could be referring to either one, but the more popular GTN seems to be the faction GTN. I have used the neutral GTN myself, but due to its isolated location, I use the faction GTN most of the time.

I really wish BioWare would restore the GTN kiosks on all planets. I feel that their decision to remove all the kiosks hurts the economy. On my server, there certainly is a tremendous lack of goods for sale, in my opinion.

It's not that I haven't come across the GTN entirely, I'm selling stuff I craft like a madman. I just never knew there was a 'Neutral' GTN on Nar Shadda. Now that I think about it, doesn't make much sense to have two separate GTNs, why not just have a GTN for both factions? Would probably help the economy

Edited by Xtrema

Seriously? I only got weekend beta so I never got past dromund kaas, that's so lame. Did they say why they removed it?

I think the reason they removed all the GTN kiosks from all the planets may have been to push the Fleet stations as a central hub for players to do everything. I feel this hurts the economy because having the GTN in just one or two locations is quite inconvenient, so more people don't use it to sell their goods.

It's not that I haven't come across the GTN entirely, I'm selling stuff I craft like a madman. I just never knew there was a 'Neutral' GTN on Nar Shadda. Now that I think about it, doesn't make much sense to have two separate GTNs, why not just have a GTN for both factions? Would probably help the economy

WoW separated the faction and neutral auction houses. In WoW, you had two opposing player factions but there was also a neutral NPC faction, the Steamwheedle Cartel. In SWTOR, there are also two opposing factions, and there is also the Hutt Cartel who runs the neutral GTN on the Hutt-controlled Nar Shaddaa.

Edited by BlackRifle

• 1 month later...
So am I to assume that Nar Shaddaa is the best place to put up things for sale?

Nar Shaddaa is best for stuff that's most useful for the other faction, IMHO.

I'm normally Republic. When I get schematics for Empire classes, or Darkside relics/crystals...they usually sell far better there than on the Republic GTN. Obviously, the reverse applies as well.

What about the GTN kiosk on Tatooine? Is that one neutral? I would assume it is given it's horribly inconvenient location.

The Outlaw's Den one? Good question. I've never thought to check it, being usually too busy making sure I'm not going to get shot/checking for chests.

• 5 months later...

They need to have the ability to post persistent buy and sell orders, auction would be nice, but a running log of orders and transactions would go a long way toward having an economy. Even in a society as backwards as our 21st century one, we have the ability to look up previous/going prices for items and to place orders for goods not yet produced, at a certain price.

Someone want ideas for improving this game? (I am loving it so far)

Look toward the economy.

Make it easy for the casual crafter to buy/sell at good prices, as well as consumers not get "ripped off" because they only could find a price 100x the "going rate" in the GTN that day.

They need to have the ability to post persistent buy and sell orders, auction would be nice, but a running log of orders and transactions would go a long way toward having an economy. Even in a society as backwards as our 21st century one, we have the ability to look up previous/going prices for items and to place orders for goods not yet produced, at a certain price.

Someone want ideas for improving this game? (I am loving it so far)

Look toward the economy.

Make it easy for the casual crafter to buy/sell at good prices, as well as consumers not get "ripped off" because they only could find a price 100x the "going rate" in the GTN that day.

nice necro post