I came back and my guild got ninja'd. Please change the way game grants leader rank.

VaceDemon

Most of my alts are still on the guild ship but when I called cs (for an entirely different issue but then got into this) they told me its a bug. I won't actually see anyone else on the guild ship and I'd have to basically be lucky and find whoever's still in the guild to invite me and hopefully give me back GM if they are also GM.

I was not subbed during the time I was gone because it didn't make sense to spend money on a game I wasn't able to play for so long, but today I also learned it's tied to player activity first and foremost. It should at least be tied to sub status or preferably allow the character of GM to keep the guild no matter what and only allow an officer rank the privilege of gaining the GM rank in the event the GM stops subbing and the guild can avoid turning into a f2p guild.

So dumb. This is a guild one of my good friends gave to me since he essentially quit swtor and even though he likely won't come back I wanted to keep it cause it had a fully unlocked guild ship and ultimately for sentimental value.

THANKS A LOT BW. CHANGE THIS DUMB SYSTEM PLS :mad::mad:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long were you gone? This was an issue when GM left forever and no one in the guild could become GM so the guild was leaderless.

I'd rather have that issue. My guild was not active but I was keeping it on alts for sentimental value. Had characters from a few other accounts but I left them there because they hadn't been logged into for a long time. idk if maybe one of those characters logged in and decided to ninja the guild but that's what I assume. I hadn't played for a year and a half because I had no PC :(

Edited by VaceDemon

I'd rather have that issue. My guild was not active but I was keeping it on alts for sentimental value. Had characters from a few other accounts but I left them there because they hadn't been logged into for a long time. idk if maybe one of those characters logged in and decided to ninja the guild but that's what I assume. I hadn't played for a year and a half because I had no PC :(

can you just ask the current gm to give u back your gm status ?

No one stole your guild, or ninja'd it. You left your sub lapse because you were afk and you really expected the guild to be there for you when you got back? The changing of GL is a good thing, it stops dead beat GL's from holding on to a guild and leaving member stuck in a dead guild, which can do nothing as the person who is supposed to be there isn't. At least if it changes, there is a chance the new person might actually do something. I have zero empathy for anyone that loses a guild from being away more than the 28 days, or purposely letting the sub lapse because they didn't see the point in paying, when they were playing.

If your sub lapsed between pay days, or if it lapsed without you knowing, but you were still active, that is a different story. I've found myself GL a few times over this and always turned the leadership back.

I'd rather have that issue. (

The remaining people in your guild wouldn't. It's not about you.

Only a guild leader can buy new bank vaults and set bank vault permissions.

Only a guild leader can create/manipulate ranks.

Only a guild leader can ban/unban players.

I'm a guild leader on two servers, 4 (populated) guilds, and if I get hit by a bus today, those guilds will have a new guild leader in 28 days, rather than having a corpse for a guild leader from here to perpetuity.

It's selfish of any guild leader to be willing to trade complete functionality of their guild, and in doing so subsequently reduce the play experience for the guild's members, for the sole sake of retaining a top position as an absentee landlord.

The system we have now prevents that.

Thankfully.

Edited by xordevoreaux

The remaining people in your guild wouldn't. It's not about you.

Only a guild leader can buy new bank vaults and set bank vault permissions.

Only a guild leader can create/manipulate ranks.

Only a guild leader can ban/unban players.

I'm a guild leader on two servers, 4 (populated) guilds, and if I get hit by a bus today, those guilds will have a new guild leader in 28 days, rather than having a corpse for a guild leader from here to perpetuity.

It's selfish of any guild leader to be willing to trade complete functionality of their guild, and in doing so subsequently reduce the play experience for the guild's members, for the sole sake of retaining a top position as an absentee landlord.

The system we have now prevents that.

Thankfully.

100% Agree

Some of you guys need to actually read what I said and stop being so rude like saying you have no sympathy. It's not my fault I had no PC. My laptop stopped working and it happened by complete surprise. Things completely out of my control have prevented me from playing the game.

Also, my guild was DEAD already. I was keeping GM rank on an alt and had a lot of other alts in the guild. The thing is is there were a few other characters from other accounts in the guild but they were, at the time, inactive AF. None of my toons are in the guild anymore meaning someone else must have logged in after a long break and GM transferred to them and they nuked the guild of all the other characters.

The only way this could've been prevented, hypothetically speaking, at the time this happened, is me having a friend of mine log into my account and nuking all the other characters besides my own out of the guild. And that technically is fraudulent account activity and is against the ToS. It is illegal for anyone that isn't the account holder to access an account. I'm sure people still do it but I didn't do that and I didn't think I had to do that. I thought I wouldn't be gone this long but here we are and this happened to me.

Some of you can go eat bantha poodoo. This. System. Sucks. :mad:

Some of you guys need to actually read what I said and stop being so rude like saying you have no sympathy. It's not my fault I had no PC. My laptop stopped working and it happened by complete surprise. Things completely out of my control have prevented me from playing the game.

Also, my guild was DEAD already. I was keeping GM rank on an alt and had a lot of other alts in the guild. The thing is is there were a few other characters from other accounts in the guild but they were, at the time, inactive AF. None of my toons are in the guild anymore meaning someone else must have logged in after a long break and GM transferred to them and they nuked the guild of all the other characters.

The only way this could've been prevented, hypothetically speaking, at the time this happened, is me having a friend of mine log into my account and nuking all the other characters besides my own out of the guild. And that technically is fraudulent account activity and is against the ToS. It is illegal for anyone that isn't the account holder to access an account. I'm sure people still do it but I didn't do that and I didn't think I had to do that. I thought I wouldn't be gone this long but here we are and this happened to me.

Some of you can go eat bantha poodoo. This. System. Sucks. :mad:

If your goal in having a guild is to remain it's leader at all costs, you should never have invited anyone to it.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Yeah but a lot more players than you were stranded in guilds that couldn't do anything when the GM went AWOL.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few ... or the one.

Here's an idea. They can just... idk... /gquit. No one is "stranded" in a guild. There is nothing compelling them to stay if it's inactive or the GM goes AWOL. That's on the GM, not on the rank and file members.

Also my guild was dead already. It was not an active guild at all around the time of my forced departure.

Edited by VaceDemon

Well, should have kick everyone else out before you leave. Now no one but the current GM can do anything for you, or you can sub and wait if they decide to off for a long time and it randomly get back to you.

My toons are no longer in the guild. It was purged by someone else who logged back in and the game "gave" the guild to

So if a bunch of non-guild leaders put a lot of effort into building the guild, donating resources, building relationships, etc., they should up and leave b/c the guild leader disappears?

No thanks,

Dasty

The person who ninja'd my guild had no input in the small history of activity in its existence, I can tell you that much. BW should change the system. That's what I'm saying

Be thankful you're not in my situation and to those who have no sympathy, you don't know how it feels until it happens to you.

Oh, but I have been. I had to relinquish control of my guilds for personal reasons for a time, but like many players in my guild, my second-in-command has played alongside me for 6 years now, and I fully trust him. When I came back, he flipped the guilds back over to me, no questions asked.

A little preparedness for such occasions goes a long way.

And you're right. You're not the first and certainly will not be the last GL to realize the hard way that attention as a guild leader is absolutely necessary, just as much as laying the groundwork for one's potential absence or lapse in subscription.

Oh, but I have been. I had to relinquish control of my guilds for personal reasons for a time, but like many players in my guild, my second-in-command has played alongside me for 6 years now, and I fully trust him. When I came back, he flipped the guilds back over to me, no questions asked.

A little preparedness for such occasions goes a long way.

And you're right. You're not the first and certainly will not be the last GL to realize the hard way that attention as a guild leader is absolutely necessary, just as much as laying the groundwork for one's potential absence or lapse in subscription.

that's not the same thing. you got your guild back. I'll likely never find it again and never will

that's not the same thing. you got your guild back. I'll likely never find it again and never will

And you are not alone, so time to create a new guild then with better precautions set in place. Yes, it sucks, but there are very good reasons why the guild rank system is completely automatic with very clear rules that don't account for accidental PC crashes, money drought, illness or death and are not negotiable with Customer Service. They struggle as is and I can very well imagine the chaos that would ensue if they allowed guild leadership disputes to be mediated by their agents.

Edited by Phazonfreak

There is one thing I will add as this recently happened to me as well. They need to have the option for the guild leader to quit the guild without making someone else leader. Because what likely happened is this random logged in, was made leader, couldn't make anyone else leader because they were all inactive, and had to disband the guild. Your guild probably doesn't exist anymore.

No it might not been the same thing, but you see he made arrangements before he left and handed the guild to someone he trust before he left. You didn't. That was your fault.

I have done the same thing and even if I am not playing that much because of real life things, I do make sure to log in my character that is the guild leader for both of our guild and if I have to leave for a bit I will let a guild officer I trust handle things until I return.

No it might not been the same thing, but you see he made arrangements before he left and handed the guild to someone he trust before he left. You didn't. That was your fault.

I have done the same thing and even if I am not playing that much because of real life things, I do make sure to log in my character that is the guild leader for both of our guild and if I have to leave for a bit I will let a guild officer I trust handle things until I return.

IMO ... this pretty much sums it up. If you are the GM .. your responsibilities are quite different ! It is a must to insure that things are in place so that (in the event of ) a sabbatical (regardless of what reason) ... you will at least still have the guild ( and related items that belong top it ) in place upon your return.

For whatever it's worth I hope that in spite of the difficulties you are able to get things sorted out !

There is one thing I will add as this recently happened to me as well. They need to have the option for the guild leader to quit the guild without making someone else leader. Because what likely happened is this random logged in, was made leader, couldn't make anyone else leader because they were all inactive, and had to disband the guild. Your guild probably doesn't exist anymore.

if they are all inactive, the leader stays the same, it only changes if someone logs in. All that happens when everyone is inactive, is the name becomes 'released', in the sense that if someone tries to use it, they can take it, and if you come back after that, you'll have to rename the guild. It'll always be there. Was in a guild on SS (I think) didn't play there for about a year, if not more, got back, was made the leader, but the guild name was gone.

Edited by DarkTergon

if they are all inactive, the leader stays the same, it only changes if someone logs in. All that happens when everyone is inactive, is the name becomes 'released', in the sense that if someone tries to use it, they can take it, and if you come back after that, you'll have to rename the guild. It'll always be there. Was in a guild on SS (I think) didn't play there for about a year, if not more, got back, was made the leader, but the guild name was gone.

My point was if they are all inactive, then a random recruit comes back becoming the leader, but does not want to be in the guild. It won't let him simply leave the guild if he's the leader. So he disbands it.