Am I the only one who actually loves lana?

Everyday on fleet chat, almost every single day, a one person starts arguing about lana for no reason and then everyone on chat goes crazy, talks about gender crap, politics even some topics about China. Thats not my point however, my point is why people do hate on lana, most of these trolls saying she is ugly or whatnot, why do you think she is "ugly"? She looks MUCH better than her previous design (she was look horrible on SoR) Her face looks more detailed now, her lips have actually colors now and not only full red color which is nice, her hair is certainly much better than the old one.

so how exactly she is ugly? In gameplay, she is a bit brutal she is a sith so thats normal in my book, in fact, republic senate is more brutal than her in many ways.

I love lana and honestly I don't care what others say, since cause people will always find something to argue about.

----end of rant------ :sy_target:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which server?

I can't say I've ever seen much bashing of her in chat. I won't say I've never seen it, but no more than any other companion.

Maybe it is something limited to the server you're on. They all seem to have their own unique 'cultures.'

I like Lana. She's no Kira, though. :cool:

I have General Chat turned off. As much as I wouldn't mind helping the people who ask questions there I prefer not to hear the multitude of idiots who usually talk there.

I don't hate Lana. I actually quite like her. I wouldn't say I love her though.

I don't hate her, she's the kind of person I'd like as a friend. I'm just sick to death of her. The game has starred Lana and to a slightly less degree Theron for a very long time and I wonder if it will ever change. There are other interesting characters in the game besides just those two. Edited by grania

I love Lana in small doses, or even moderate doses. But I think she's been featured a bit too heavily and honestly isn't interesting enough to be so central to everything at every moment in nearly every scene, etc, imo. She's a solid character, but too much of anything/anyone can get stale and eyeroll-worthy, especially in cases where other less featured companions could be showcased instead.

As for her appearance, I don't think they've ever quite perfected it. Personally, I'm really not a fan of her current look, but I wouldn't say she's ugly in any way. It's more that her current hairstyle reminds me of my 5 year old daughter more than a grown Sith woman. Separately I think the outfits she has and the hairstyles she's had would be fine (if, say, they offered them in character creator) but altogether with her design and everything combined, I don't think they have ever pulled off making her as attractive/appealing as she's probably intended to be. I adore so much of her concept art and wish they could pull it off properly in-game, but it might just be impossible with the way they design things? I don't know.

But anyway. I like her character. They did make her likeable enough to get people hooked on having her around, but not so much that people like having her shoved down their throats, which is how it seems a fair amount of people are feeling after years and years of Lana, Lana, Lana.

I really like her. The 4.0 model was, I think, the best, but the 5.0 model is still way better than the FA/SoR/RotE version.

I think there are two problems:

* She is very, very prominent in the KotFE/KotET stories, leading to a bit of "character fatigue".

* She is (or was when 4.0 was first out) very, very common - that is, everyone runs around with Lana, and all those Lanas look the same.

The second is not so true any more - I see Theron sometimes, occasionally Senya or Koth, and sometimes even the Ithorian from one of the Star Fortress alerts or the dumpy dude like Gorro's brother - but it was an issue early on in the life of 4.0. And the fact that all those Lanas wear the same clothes just makes it worse.

I love Lana in small doses, or even moderate doses. But I think she's been featured a bit too heavily and honestly isn't interesting enough to be so central to everything at every moment in nearly every scene, etc, imo. She's a solid character, but too much of anything/anyone can get stale and eyeroll-worthy, especially in cases where other less featured companions could be showcased instead.

If there has been a lot of bashing of the character on the OP's server, I would bet that is the main reason why. She and Theron were used a bit too much in KOTFE/KOTET. Even some people who like the characters are starting to get a bit tired of how central they are to the story, particularly when not all of the original companions have been returned yet and it seems the original cast were all shelved just to make way for Lana and Theron.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I'm not crazy about Lana, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate her. If they dropped her from the story tomorrow, I really wouldn't miss her, though.

I do give her lots of credit for her role in all the recent game events. Without her, our characters would still be frozen in carbonite. She was pivotal in our rescue and for getting the Alliance started and running properly. She is also very pragmatic, which is appreciated, but the Sith in her still shows.

What I don't like about her is that she is a very bland and uninteresting character. They've given us very little information about her and there's no reason reason for me to care about her. She's just a robot to me. Also, she has been forced on us for over a year now (Lana, Lana, Lana!). She got old very fast and constantly having her pushed on me isn't helping. I can think of many other characters who would be far more interesting to me to have in missions.

I really like her, especially because of the wonderful voice acting. I would love to have some ability to customize her armor. Whenever my character calls her as a companion, I'd like to ask "Well, Lana, how was Quidditch practice today?"

I adore Lana, but I think the reason why there is so much hostility towards her is because she is and obvious dev favourite. This means that other great characters are pushed to the background and even the companions that return tend to now have less screen time than her. It's the imbalance of it.

Although despite liking them, I will say that for the head of Sith Intelligence and an (ex)-SiS agent, neither of them are very good at their jobs.

okay look, I have to remove this from my chest

-SIS tried to brainwash me/control me, what happened then? "the master stratagem" is backfired, they all in their graves now. (Dark side choices were SO satisfying)

-Dark Jadus tried to control me, retard tried to fight me what happened then? He is long gone. Hopefully he got executed by dark council as he mentioned that in his pathetic ship. If not, then I would gladly do that again with myself

-Watcher X warned me about the brainwashing and then he helped me to save myself and the entire Empire, unfortunately he got dead by me. (had no choice, either he will escape or ruin my romance with watcher two)

and if Theron tries to betray me too, then he will also die. He is an SIS too and brainwashing is basically a war crime.

Despite the my keeper (minister) created the brainwashing program, I didn't kill him, he had no choice either, either he will get murdered by greedy sith or something more worse. I hate how Sith lords controls everything and people like me and my team cleans up their mess. Minister didn't deserve this, nor watcher two, nor the watcher x. But I'm damn glad they are still alive.

so again, I did kill that stupid saresh and malcom AND didn't give "a moment" to theron to say goodbye to his father. He know what it coming to them, and they got what they deserve.

*deep breath* ok I'm alright now, so I can continue to eat my dinner.

so again, I did kill that stupid saresh and malcom AND didn't give "a moment" to theron to say goodbye to his father. He know what it coming to them, and they got what they deserve.

Gotta admit, you're harder than me. I gave Theron "a moment" on each of my characters even though it wasn't really in-character for them all to do so. :o

I can't say I'm not a tiny bit intrigued by the betrayer (someone close to me!) story, but I suppose it's too much to ask for it to actually be Theron or Lana..

If there has been a lot of bashing of the character on the OP's server, I would bet that is the main reason why. She and Theron were used a bit too much in KOTFE/KOTET. Even some people who like the characters are starting to get a bit tired of how central they are to the story, particularly when not all of the original companions have been returned yet and it seems the original cast were all shelved just to make way for Lana and Theron.

This is where I'm at. I liked Lana and Theron in SoR - I'm pretty tired of them now. I understand that it's easier for Bioware and the writers to rely on both of them as your "main" companions (since other companions may be dead, gone or never join), but it feels like they've gotten way more attention than anyone else starting with SoR. And what makes it worse is that since every character/class has the same story now, switching to a new character doesn't change things - it's just more Lana and Theron.

Iokath was perhaps the worst of all for me, as the returning companions only got a single conversation with you IF you were playing their old class and it was Theron who's the default companion during gameplay. At least in previous chapters there was some effort put into giving the player time with the companion.

I'd also like that if you regularly did or said things that Lana (or Theron) disagreed with they'd actually show it. But since they're required by the story they just go along with everything you do. Not necessarily walk away like Koth, but at least have some conflict there so they don't just accept it if you do the opposite of what they want every time (like Lana with my goody-two-shoes Jedi or Theron with my evil Sith Warrior).

Edited by RarePorcupine

I don't hate Lana. I like her and Theron equally, but I DO get tired of using them both ALL the time. Sometimes I don't mind Theron being with me alot cause two of my characters romanced him, but for those who didn't they want their original LI back and it's hard to get quality attention when we have to take Lana or Theron with us somewhere instead of our husband or wife we just got back.

If they're going to foist Lana on us all the time, I would like more background on her. I had to read someone else's 'monitor everyone!!' report just to know what Lana does when she's not working.

I don't dislike Lana, but she feels kind of Mary Sue to me. She never does anything controversial, and even when she disagrees with you, it never feels like there is any consequence. She's a milk-toast Sith, which to me is an uninteresting contradiction in terms. As far as her new model, I don't think it looks bad, so much as unfinished. The textures/colors on her face/hair don't look like they go together IMO.

I _really_ like Lana and Theron both. I couldn't possibly pick a favorite. They are both extremely well written characters (except Iokath on Therons part was a bit of a drop, yeah lets make out next to your dead dad thats not weird at all right right am i right??). Very much enjoy them both. And I dont discriminate on looks (though I did prefer kotfe Lana rather than kotet Lana) i mostly care about writing myself. Edited by Kiesu

It's not that I hate her, it's just that I'm tired of her. Basically, I'm suffering from Lana and Theron burnout. With all the great Vanilla characters/Companions that have been created, the focus on only two characters for all Classes for so long is tiresome... especially when one character isn't even remotely interesting and acts more like a parent than an ally.

However, I do find it creepy whenever my character wakes up to see Lana there hovering six inches away. It pretty much sums up the process of the Vanilla Companions being taken away and Lana being shoved in my face. :D

If they're going to foist Lana on us all the time, I would like more background on her. I had to read someone else's 'monitor everyone!!' report just to know what Lana does when she's not working.

Seriously, if she's going to be forced on every one of my characters as their best friend/confidant/advisor, she could at least share her poetry once in a while.