Cross Server Queues.

Necrotiq

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really see this happening...i am not against it, but i am also really indifferent about it...i have my 7 buddies to roll some rankeds and queues are not that high...so idk.. /signed i guess..

Maybe on your server there are issues but The Red Eclipse is ok

If they were remotely imminent we would have heard about them. The last we did hear was along the lines of "x-server is too hard, here - take massive servers instead". I'm sure the feature will exist at some point in the future but I'm also sure it is at least several months (possibly years) away. Edited by Savej

If they were remotely imminent we would have heard about them. The last we did hear was along the lines of "x-server is too hard, here - take massive servers instead". I'm sure the feature will exist at some point in the future but I'm also sure it is at least several months (possibly years) away.

I'm hoping it will be included in 2.4 -- along with 3+ new WZs, new WZ maps, arenas, and an actual start to Season 1. (At least, cross-server for Ranked).

• Dev Post
I'm hoping it will be included in 2.4 -- along with 3+ new WZs, new WZ maps, arenas, and an actual start to Season 1. (At least, cross-server for Ranked).

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

:jawa_smile:

Nice list Kilora!

I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it.

Unless you plan to open up a ranked server were people from all servers can copy over chars for free

were they can play ranked this is nothing but a disaster for the game !!!

Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

When the remaining PvP playerbase read this and move on, the competetive part anyways how will

que times be lower i dont get it, magic ? why should people stay and play ranked when so many have left

and even more people will leave because there is no pvp updates until close to christmas and there will

be no cross play.Reality check plis.

Without soundig to negative do you guys even understand how players think ?

When players cant play and que times are long they leave the game.

When it is only casuals left because you killed off the competetive PvP community you have NO PvP community.

Saying this because i care and want to play SWTOR PvP on a server with really good PvP.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I'm not sure what other MMORPG these days doesn't have cross-server queues, only swtor is still sticking to the stone age losing players because of the insanely long server queues. I don't understand this approach at all, would love an elaboration on why setting up a few additional continental servers for cross-queues is such a hard task, are your technician droids so outdated that they cannot handle the task? I can smuggle some new ones your sector if it makes xqueues happen. Got my fastest ship in the sector after all.

P.S. few moments later I realized, server transfers. Well of course, it's better to make players pay you for transfers, than put up a service that actually requires YOU to shell out cash :)

Edited by HighCounsil

When it is only casuals left because you killed off the competetive PvP community you have NO annoying premade PvP guilds ruining normal WZ and the vast, vast majority of players wil be so much happier, thanks.

Fixed that for you - for this service, there is no charge.

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

Guess it's RIP PvP on all but one or two servers. I really hope I'm wrong but I foresee all PvPers piling onto POT5/Bastion now. I think many were only holding out in hopes of cross server queues in 2.4.

By the time 2.4 comes out there won't be much of an improvement to ranked queues anyway because there will be constant pops on the pvp mega server and almost nobody will care about ranked or pvp on all the other servers.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

Nice list Kilora!

I appreciate the update Bruce letting us know about cross server queues, and understand there's a lot you can't say when it comes to a future updates.

The problem I see is will there be enough of a dedicated pvp community around to actually enjoy these updates that are coming in 2.4? Cross server queues are something that all of the current ranked teams have been hoping as a means to add to the current competition pool, and without it there will not be any new competition unless people end up coming back.

I'm sure now that we know cross server queues aren't coming in 2.4 that the current rwz community will get even smaller as people end up moving on. I'm not sure how you plan to grow the ranked warzone scene and improve queue times without cross server, are there any more high level details you can share in that regard?

Edited by shednik

Nice list Kilora!

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant! :jawa_smile:

This can only mean new options for sub 8 people ranked warzones, whether its allowing less then 8 to queue for 8 mans now...or more likely... the implementation of arenas for 4 mans and below.

Sad to hear about cross server stuff though. Expected as much though. Another failure of Bioware years ago from a planning standpoint.

Hhahha, this is outright pathetic.. first they state cross server q-ing is going to come at the start of season 1 and then they remove that statement from the end of the wz descriptions and now they are saying it's basically too much for them to handle. I mean really? They must really be lacking resources if they can't even provide us features like these so I'm doubtful any and all features they will implement in 4 months time is anything the PvP community will be really exited about.

I honestly hope 2.4 is going to be mindblowingly good or you've just lost any real perspective the PvP community still had about a future for this game.

May I reiterate the fact that they've promised us Season 1 ranked for like a year now? With NO REAL information as to wheither or not it's going to be included in 2.4, what 2.4 is going to entail and the acknowledgement on their part that they've ONLY JUST NOW started working on new PvP features (something, mind you, they've been promising us for A VERY LONG TIME already).

Without soundig to negative do you guys even understand how players think ?

When players cant play and que times are long they leave the game.

When it is only casuals left because you killed off the competetive PvP community you have NO PvP community.

Saying this because i care and want to play SWTOR PvP on a server with really good PvP.

sorry but competative PvP is a myth in MMOs. the "hardcore" PvPers are simply the QQ brigade that cry they have to roll the new FOTM because the old one is no longer over powered.

I appreciate the update Bruce letting us know about cross server queues, and understand there's a lot you can't say when it comes to a future updates.

The problem I see is will there be enough of a dedicated pvp community around to actually enjoy these updates that are coming in 2.4? Cross server queues are something that all of the current ranked teams have been hoping as a means to add to the current competition pool, and without it there will not be any new competition unless people end up coming back.

I'm sure now that we know cross server queues aren't coming in 2.4 that the current rwz community will get even smaller as people end up moving on. I'm not sure how you plan to grow the ranked warzone scene and improve queue times without cross server, are there any more high level details you can share in that regard?

Sadly it will probably come down to solo rankeds...which IMO waters down end game PvP.

They NEED a ladder system for 8 man GROUPS...which is based on team ELO that appropriately matches teams against one another. ATM, there is no match-making, it is first come, first in que matching. Thus, why teams/guilds tend to not que up, because they don't want to get wrecked by the 2-3 solid teams waiting. If they introduce solo rankeds or anything less than 8...which functions on the same ELO...that'll probably be it for me in TOR.

This my friends is the beginning of the end...

I will cancel my sub which has been running since 20th December 2011 this month...

Will have a look at what 2.4 patch notes will give, if interesting I will come back, if not I will stay out.

Thank you SWTOR for 1 year 7 months of games!