Cool armor

Norke

I've been searching the GTN, the PvP vendors, and the Legacy vendor and the only cool piece of armor I've found is the Muse Vest which I can't use until level 31. Do you get anything cool from heroic 4 missions or other world commendations or does consular gear just all around suck? I'll use the Revan Robes if I must, but it doesn't really fit my consular's character. I want opinions and information! ... please?

INB4 cool is subjective

Have you looked for the Prototype Primeval Exemplar armor or one of its equivalents (Primeval Exemplar is tank version, but I recall there may be another identical version as well)? That's my favorite Consular outfit.

Of course it's level 50 so you may not be able to use it at the moment. I ended up getting the Pilot outfit early on and looking like a lightsaber-wielding astronaut for most of my Consular playthrough.

Edited by Crimson_Paladin

I've been searching the GTN, the PvP vendors, and the Legacy vendor and the only cool piece of armor I've found is the Muse Vest which I can't use until level 31.

Depends what you are consider as cool. As i recall the Muse is a white armor?

There is some White armor pieces exists..

Try to look in http://tor-fashion.com/category/light-armor/

Edited by Missandei

Have you looked for the Prototype Primeval Exemplar armor or one of its equivalents? That's my favorite Consular outfit. Of course it's level 50 so you may not be able to use it at the moment.

I'm a fan of that armor design, and you can get a brown version with green highlights at low level (I think just level 11)--it's a synthweaving armor called Jedi Initiate's Vestments. I wore that for a long time. You'll get a lot more options as you gain levels.

Just got the Revan Chest Plate from a Cartel Market random chest...thing...quite like the look of it for my Shadow :)

Seems a bunch of those can be found on the GTN.

I gave it to Qyzen. As well as the lower robe section.

Not sure what everyone considers "cool" for their Shadow.

I pictured a character who might be mistaken for a Jedi in a crowd, but gets much more dirty in a fight than the wedding dress wearing Sages.

As such, I think I spent a great deal of time wearing the Esseles robe, since its rather standard issue brown hooded robes. But I wore the Balmorra Resistance Leggings, since they were the easiest pair of trousers to find instead of all the skirts.

• 1 year later...
I've been really underwhelmed by the armor as well. The armor looks plastic and toyish. World of Warcraft with it's 10 year old tech looks better than the armor. I don't think it's the artists either; I think it's the engine. the cloth looks plastic, etc.

Between this thread on the first page in our section:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=237809

This thread with looks from a variety of classes:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=266792

and tor-fashion.com, I find it hard to agree that we're limited in the looks we can achieve, even in a game that's only two years old.

Edited by Prototypemind

I've bought this piece http://tor-fashion.com/dark-initiate/ when it was really cheap, for an Republic character. (At that point I had no idea whom I would give it).

I gave it KIra a few days ago - BUT : it contains an white - light-orange colouring module !

The result is ... try to imagine this piece being whte instead of grey, and everything that's red in this picture (except the glowing points) is light orange, almost golden !

I like that look. :)

( I have no idea to get a screenshot into this forum here, or into TOR Fashion, otherwise I'd post a screenshot ... )

Edited by AlrikFassbauer