Can Jugg DPS get some defensives please

ReinhartRussian

As title says. I think Jugg DPS is literally on the bottom of viable list. Powertech is just as squishy, maybe a bit more, but at least with 2 stun breaks and amazing 15 seconds burst he can pose a threat, where Jugg DPS does not have a burst of PT and has lowest survivability in the game.

This includes that Jugg DPS has to have a defensive tactical Grit Teeth, unlike Sorcs, Mercs, OPs that can go offensive tactical and still live a lot longer.

I think with a new guard mechanic 50% DPS nerf it is time to give some survivability to Jugg DPS classes. Possible some defense, 12% armor and invincible across the board. This way we will not replace tanks, but at least live long enough to be useful to the team.

I think the class does NOT need more survivability, I'm a Guardian main and I think Vigilance/Vengeance damage could be buffed a bit to get on par with other classes.

It DOES lack an escape like Force Camouflage but the class is supposed to be the frontline of everything, you are the first to jump to face the enemy.

What really kills Jugg and marauders are the INSANELY AMOUNT OF ROOTS AND SLOWS.

Ranged classes have too much slows and roots on their skills, it's stupid.

On my Guardian I gotta spend 3 utilities points JUST to counter roots and slows or else I'd Alt+F4 every time I face ranged.

Other thing that is needed is a protection agasint Electro Net, it should NOT be possible to be electro-netted twice in a row, it should be like the grenade protection.

But IF I would buff Guardian/Jugg defenses i'd make Saber Reflect have 5secs baseline and heal for 20% of the reflected damage.

Mad Dash 35secs cooldown baseline being possible to reduce to 25secs using the right utility.

AOE taunt for dps specs to give a 10secs 30% damage reduction.

I always thought it would be nice if after using intercede players lose you as a target and have to retarget you. I think those few secs could help with the issues Jugs are having being tunnelled in ranked. Edited by THEOscott

It is not straightforward.

• In case of 4 dps in ranked: Yes please, much needed.
  • In case of 3 dps + 1 healer in ranked: Maybe.
  • In case of healer/tank in ranked: No. It might even need a nerf, or at least the GT+FB combo does.
  • In regs? I doubt it. (I don't play 75 regs, but juggs dominate in low and midbies).
  • In end-game PvE? I doubt defense is an issue, but perhaps damage could need a boost here.

Generally speaking I suspect the devs consider them fine as is, and those of us foolish enough to play them in ranked will have to accept it.

Juggs just need better built in CC immunity and they would be fine, but that's the same for Maras too outside of fury.

I doubt it will ever happen due to the nature of Ranged being more played and will cry when Melee class are strong. Honestly I'm still surprised that fury mara hasn't got the nerf bat but I doubt is that far away.

Honestly I'm still surprised that fury mara hasn't got the nerf bat but I doubt is that far away.

Why should Fury Mara get a nerf. Yes they have the 30 sec cd un-interrupt 5 sec phase (the biggest advantage), but just like Juggs or Sin they need a Defensive tactical which reduces DPS.

Why should Fury Mara get a nerf. Yes they have the 30 sec cd un-interrupt 5 sec phase (the biggest advantage), but just like Juggs or Sin they need a Defensive tactical which reduces DPS.

Defel Spliced Genes would like to have a word with you, lol.

One of the biggest problems with dps Jugg/Guardian is that unlike every other class, they don’t have a low-cooldown way to heal themselves. Literally every other class has a quick healing mechanic through utilities, passive abilities given to certain specs, or active off-healing abilities. Enraged Defense/Focused Defense can be made faster by Grit Teeth, but you need to get your balls kicked in for it, which defeats the purpose. Endure/Enure are only temporary, which can get you killed if you’re not careful.

Beyond that, mobility is a huge issue. Juggs/Guardians don’t have a reliable speed boost outside of one utility that virtually no one takes. A talented sniper and kite and murder any Jugg/Guardian with ease. Then add in all the stubs and roots, and the problem just gets worse.

My recommendation has always been either nerf everyone else if ttk is too high or buff reflect to reflect any single target, direct attacks (its currently single target direct force, ranged, and tech.

a 15 second cd reduction on mad dash with a built in root break that doesn't require a gdamned legendary utility point would suffice.

until this classes dps specs gets some love i'll just keep skanking with Grit Teeth...it's unkillable outside of ganks.

laughing at PTs, Sins and Leth ops when reality sinks in.

It sucks cuz Immortal is so damn slow but dps Jugg is bottom ***** right now.

Edited by gasxero

a 15 second cd reduction on mad dash with a built in root break that doesn't require a gdamned legendary utility point would suffice.

until this classes dps specs gets some love i'll just keep skanking with Grit Teeth...it's unkillable outside of ganks.

laughing at PTs, Sins and Leth ops when reality sinks in.

It sucks cuz Immortal is so damn slow but dps Jugg is bottom ***** right now.

Exactly what i'm doing, skank + Grit teeth + Force Bound.

It's the only way to counter ranged without losing my mind with so many roots and slows.

Defel Spliced Genes would like to have a word with you, lol.

It is a tactical which with it you are doing less damage. Yes vanishing is very good for Mara's but beyond that what do they have. There is a reason why after Jugs, Maras have the second lower rating. Think about this.

But IF I would buff Guardian/Jugg defenses i'd make Saber Reflect have 5secs baseline and heal for 20% of the reflected damage.

Mad Dash 35secs cooldown baseline being possible to reduce to 25secs using the right utility.

AOE taunt for dps specs to give a 10secs 30% damage reduction.

agreed~

Imagine Vader getting kicked in his cyber nuts by Han Solo...

that's what it feels like to fight the rolly boys with a dps jugg.

and yes, a base 5 second reflect with half the damage becoming a heal should be standard...but naw lets give that to mercs n mandos insted.

~B-ware logic~

Imagine Vader getting kicked in his cyber nuts by Han Solo...

that's what it feels like to fight the rolly boys with a dps jugg.

and yes, a base 5 second reflect with half the damage becoming a heal should be standard...but naw lets give that to mercs n mandos insted.

~B-ware logic~

Fighting operatives as a Jugg:

Dodge, dodge

Resist, dodge

Reflected, resist, dodge

Fighting Snipers as a jugg:

Dodge

Cover

Miss, resist (because of accuracy debuff from Diversion).

Miss 10x

Dodge

As a Guardian I rather fight 10 Powertechs than 1 Operative or sniper.

I always thought it would be nice if after using intercede players lose you as a target and have to retarget you. I think those few secs could help with the issues Jugs are having being tunnelled in ranked.

Definitely agree with this;