Honest criticism

Mehm

Can people of the community handle a thread that deals with honest and constructive criticism of the game and not get into hate speech and dog crap throwing please?

:D

These are my main issues right now and I want people to put what they do not like or like about the game and experience as customers thus far.

1.)Lack of Communication- I was not thrilled nor impressed buy what appears to be "added details later" approach that Bioware and SWTOR has started to use.

examples:

a.) Early Access and Grace Period- Now everyone can say what they want but, the entire community has sang in unison on this point. These have been handled poorly and Bioware has dropped the ball and lost the once in a lifetime chance of the community to "wow" us with an awesome launch.

b.) Que times and honest maintenance plans- They posted today in the 3rd day of an already delicate EGA pre-launch that they intend to take huge chunks of playtime away from EGA via means of "maintenance"....really? That is again giving detailed information about something too late. 4-6 hours ques time to join your friends to play EGA? What is launch day going to be 8-10 hour ques?

2.) Bioware treating some customers better then others-

examples:

a.) EU more Important the US?-Why are European shards the first to have filled up and the first to be stabilized? Did anyone else notice this or is it just my imagination? I know it is not because I alt tab out and watch server status and monitor it even when I am not in-game.

b.) Physical Orders-They aloud retailers to send out the CE editions via postal service earlier to EU expecting a later Launch date then the US customers?...again really? I do not want to see"they restricted no one...that is such BS

So with that I am through with the Criticism that I have thus far.

I would suggest that Bioware and SWTOR Team Get their communication skills together and plan better for maintenance and planning because this plan now and announce then fill in the details at the last minute or change them on us is not going go over well......I do not want anyone to think I am being melodramatic and if you do then please post that. I am trying to be real about a game I love and want to prevent take a fast track to somewhere I do not wish for it to be.

May The Force Be With You!!!!

Edited by Mehm

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

None of those things actually bother me but I can accept your points.

Edit: It would appear that the EU realms filled up faster largely because the population of Europe is something like 730 million, compared to the 350 million in the US.

Edited by Sciborg

Point 1 i can somewhat agree on.

Point 2: errr, what ?! EU servers are full, and got insane queues, thats not a positive thing. Believe me, i'm on one of them, and had to wait 1h 35 minutes to get in. 3 of my guildies that came home later, never actually made it into the game yesterday due to the queues.

Edited by Gelanin

I really can't believe that people are complaining, would you have preferred they had let everyone in on day 1 of ea and the servers would have had huge queue's? I'm in so I guess it's easy for me to say but I didn't get in until day 2.

BW said for a long time that you would get into ea based on when you pre ordered, they also gave us 2 extra days of ea, the grace period thing is annoying for those affected but they are giving people free play time before making money on their product. I also think their decision to release near Christmas was a great idea seeing as that will cut down on queue's and lag for those wanting to play.

I really can't believe that people are complaining, would you have preferred they had let everyone in on day 1 of ea and the servers would have had huge queue's? I'm in so I guess it's easy for me to say but I didn't get in until day 2.

BW said for a long time that you would get into ea based on when you pre ordered, they also gave us 2 extra days of ea, the grace period thing is annoying for those affected but they are giving people free play time before making money on their product. I also think their decision to release near Christmas was a great idea seeing as that will cut down on queue's and lag for those wanting to play.

Not sure about point 2 (I'm not in the EU) but as for point #1 -

I thought communication from Bioware throughout everything has been phenomenal. Forums, twitter, facebook, fansite summits and conventions have all been used liberally to provide a constant stream of communication for a long time. Aside from having a live feed of the developer offices I'm not sure there is more they can do.

We do have a grace period now (48 hours)... I think it looks really good on BioWare to take the community feedback to heart.

Maintenance is unavoidable, especially during a launch. I think it's good that BioWare has chosen non-peak periods to do this and even communicated the times to us in advance for the EGA week. My only hope here is that the time to perform this maintenance reduces as time goes on.

The thing that annoys me most is your choice of fonts and text colour. :eek:

the font sizes are all mucked up to... hard to get to the actual content in the midst of all that other color fonty crap... so nope I think I'll pass on reading this one.

did I miss anything?:cool:

yeah, they say alot of things yet my wave got emails yesterday and somehow i was missed... they can say whatever they want but doing it is another thing. you know how irritating is reading a tweet saying "WERE UP TO DECEMBER" when you are a november entry that still isnt in and cant even contact any form of CSR?

Can people of the community handle a thread that deals with honest and constructive criticism of the game and not get into hate speech and dog crap throwing please?

:D

These are my main issues right now and I want people to put what they do not like or like about the game and experience as customers thus far.

1.)Lack of Communication- I was not thrilled nor impressed buy what appears to be "added details later" approach that Bioware and SWTOR has started to use.

examples:

a.) Early Access and Grace Period- Now everyone can say what they want but, the entire community has sang in unison on this point. These have been handled poorly and Bioware has dropped the ball and lost the once in a lifetime chance of the community to "wow" us with an awesome launch.

b.) Que times and honest maintenance plans- They posted today in the 3rd day of an already delicate EGA pre-launch that they intend to take huge chunks of playtime away from EGA via means of "maintenance"....really? That is again giving detailed information about something too late. 4-6 hours ques time to join your friends to play EGA? What is launch day going to be 8-10 hour ques?

2.) Bioware treating some customers better then others-

examples:

a.) EU more Important the US?-Why are European shards the first to have filled up and the first to be stabilized? Did anyone else notice this or is it just my imagination? I know it is not because I alt tab out and watch server status and monitor it even when I am not in-game.

b.) Physical Orders-They aloud retailers to send out the CE editions via postal service earlier to EU expecting a later Launch date then the US customers?...again really? I do not want to see"they restricted no one...that is such BS

So with that I am through with the Criticism that I have thus far.

I would suggest that Bioware and SWTOR Team Get their communication skills together and plan better for maintenance and planning because this plan now and announce then fill in the details at the last minute or change them on us is not going go over well......I do not want anyone to think I am being melodramatic and if you do then please post that. I am trying to be real about a game I love and want to prevent take a fast track to somewhere I do not wish for it to be.

May The Force Be With You!!!!

First off down times are normal necessary and unpredicatable, they are not treating anyone any differently its perception, there a US based company so at the moment europe should might have to suck it for down times until they can localize them.

As for communication I I dont know what you want, I know everything thats going on, I know when down times are, I knew that I wasnt guaranteed 5 days when I bough the game 2 months ago either.

Also you may not know this, but EA does not own ever single retailer or shipping service. Also the united states is not a communist country. Which means you can sell what you want when you want. If something arrives to a retailer early they can sell it. Should EA then sue the retailer and risk a relationship becuase your annoyed someone got it over you?