List what you like and dont like about this expansion

BlackEyeArtistry

Ok Iwill start first with what I like because the list will be shorter. Please share what you like and dont.

1. I am one of those that does like the new class trees. Mostly because my Merc just feels more mobile now.

2. I like the planets and how they look. Rishi is cool and I wish the planet had more to offer.

3. I like that they got rid of of the extra comms.

4. I also really like that you put some nice mounts in the rep vendors inventory.

5. The new flashpoints are fun. I really like the first one on Rishi.

6. The crew skills has some nice options. For example I got a pattern today to build a Vectron mount which should be a good seller.

What I dont like.

1. This expansion is filled with bugs. I feel like it should have been more polished.

2. One day to get to 60, is way to fast. Where is all the content I paid for. Im running Oricon already on my second day of the expansion.

3. No heroics. Makeb has what 5 heroics and a ton of quests. These two planets combined are no where near that expansion as far as content.

4. No daily box on Rishi.......Really?

5. Why do the dailies on Yavin pay so little. Once my rep grind is over I will be back grinding older content to make money and comms.

6. Makeb has 17 dailies and you can do the staged quests, which is a ton of content. Oricron has more stuff to do and it wasn't even a expansion.

8. Are we going to see a regular flashpoint ever again? You know the ones you need a tank, 2 dps and a healer for?

Edited by BlackEyeArtistry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all the weeklies on Yavin are ops. There are 3 weeklies aside from the Ravagers and ToS quests at the temple:

- One to kill Revan again, even bugged I did it by myself.

- One to complete 8 quests; all soloable

- One that requires an Ops group to kill a 'world boss'.

Not all the weeklies on Yavin are ops. There are 3 weeklies aside from the Ravagers and ToS quests at the temple:

- One to kill Revan again, even bugged I did it by myself.

- One to complete 8 quests; all soloable

- One that requires an Ops group to kill a 'world boss'.

Ok yeah I forgot about the one for eight quest, but the WB is a OPS.

- revan reborn set being 30 mil on gtn,

- massive performance drop,

- story was mediocre at best,

- ridiculous resolution to the story of revan

- juggernaut nerf. useless now. can't even kill a sage.

- Very poor compared to makeb and for its price tag.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The ridiculous idea to have the main base on Yavin 4 be for both factions and not make it pve only. Sometimes you get off the shuttle and just die. Get up. Die. Get up. Die. Open world pvp is cool, fun, makes sense. But having the base be multi faction open to pvp is just bad.

I wish that the solo-able flash points weren't so incredibly easy. The god droid is cool, but I would like to actually experience mechanics instead of simply sitting down and letting the droid do all the work.

I'd also like to finish the expansion, but alas the end fight is bugged or maybe I just need to L2P. Whichever is the cause, I'd like to be able to finish it.

Ambivalent towards the credit sink that is the skill training costs. They're high, but also Rishi is insanely credit drop heavy so it's hard for me to hate it when I can get credits to pay for the excessive costs, but I also don't think they should be bankrupting people.

Love the new disciplines. Love the sleekness that everything has now. Love that the dailies removed the heroic quests, and loved that the dailies weren't drawn out with voice acting. Loved the new solo-able and group flashpoints, and absolutely love the fact that we got a new class story mission regardless of length.

I haven't gotten to the Ops yet, but I'm sure they're at the very least decent.

• Security chests everywhere on Rishi
  • Bound to Legacy 192 level weapons and offhands for companions from daily quest
  • Daily quests that don't require spacebar-ing through dialogue
  • Great looking zones on Rishi and Yavin 4

Dislikes:

• Too many color crystal formations
  • RE chance feels much lower
  • Only one "Rich" crafting mission for each material type
  • Overly abundant exhaustion zones
  • Bonus bosses in new HMs dropping only 2 Basic comms
  • No caves behind waterfalls

Dislike: All the whining and QQ-ing on the forum because "change is scary".

That's a rather obtuse way to look at things.

Not everything in this expansion is a VAST improvement over what came before; quite the contrary. The very fact you have an issue even considering it is quite telling, not to mention paradoxical given your statement.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

So... let see.

I liked:

-the story. Had me guessing a little at the end. good all around voice acting, camera, etc. what this game is best at.

-the class stories get their own mention. I've done 2 of them thus far and they are spot on.

-the UI buff bar and debuff customization as well as the proc highlights. enough said.

-the new abilities replacing some of the old. more power, more animation. much better.

-solo mode. I like grouping content, but the first time through the new flashpoints was great in solo mode.

-the planet environments. both felt great, alive if you know what i mean. It wasn't as static as Makeb.

-New Ops, new flashpoints, new HMs.

What I did not like:

-the lag. In Yavin in particular it gets pretty bad... but very random.

-spawn time on some of the bosses on Yavin. Fighting for respawns just sucks.

-the brevity of the class story. yes... I would have loved more, lots more of that.

-two bugs: the meat tree and the last fight. Especially the last fight although I managed after a few tries.

-taxi ride fade aways: I would have loved the scenery of a taxi ride between zones.

-wanted more of everything after I capped. lol

Edited by Rafaman

The bugs

a) GSF bugs that broke DF and many other abilities

b) The Silver/Strong mobs hitting for 10% (normal hit) to 30% (special hit) the of the HP of the player at the same level.

At least the case for Strong mobs Level 47+

(eg Ilum Duros mobs special attack does 3400 damage on level 50 toon with blue Level 49 mods, and someone has only 13000hp at that level maximum).

My Likes:

-The story was pretty good

-Love the mobility for lightning sorc spec

-The UI changes for the buffs/debuffs

-Like the quicker no talk daily quest givers

-the amount of resource nodes on Rishi and Yavin 4

-New craftable adaptable armors

Dislikes:

-Lack of content for a paid expansion (need several heroics (2+ and 4)). There needs to be a lot more quests to do on these two planets.

-The paid costs for having to re-train already paid for abilities (pre 12X xp bonus)

-Unresolved bugs on the final fight of the story (Come on, this is the pinnacle moment of the entire expansion and the fight is still buggy as hell after 4 days!!! This should have been fixed right away)

-Only allowing 1/1 Rishi Idol per account when it was awarded to all toons in your legacy

-Ability lag/lag in general

-Flagged PvP at Yavin shared base (Don't know how this affects PvE servers)

-The pirate looking hats based on 18th century design

Level 60 basic comm gear is mostly sub-par

[quote=Shwarzchild;7847826

I wish that the solo-able flash points weren't so incredibly easy. The god droid is cool, but I would like to actually experience mechanics instead of simply sitting down and letting the droid do all the work.

On your player buff bar, right click the droid icon, remove it. play with just your companion. Its a lot more reasonable fun that way rather than stomp through it all.

I dont like the kolto Shot animation (merc single shot heal) animation. I would prefer they bring back the double blaster. It really doenst fit in with the Bounty hunter image...of sticking a kolto needle in a guy.

The leveling to 60 is pretty easy. I'm a lot more casual, done Czerka each day, Oricon once, and done only Forged Alliiance pt1, and I'm almost lvl 57. Around an hour or 2 of playtime per day.

As for the discipline and abilities, I'm fine with all of it, and doing well as a Merc Bodyguard both with plenty of healing power and dps. I am scared of what you are seeing, and that Yavin isnt really worth the trip overall and no real need to go back. Ah well.

* The visuals, although the pirate theme is a little too literal / unimaginative at times (such as the assault cannon that is a .... erm .... cannon.

* The class story - great to see it back although it really is just a token gesture and seems more aimed at providing closure than moving anything forward. As such, it's like meeting an old friend and realizing you've grown apart, so comes tinged with sadness.

* The simplified comms system. This needed to happen.

* The solo Flashpoints. I love doing group Flashpoints AFTER the first time, but hate being asked to spacebar (or feeling awkward if I don't spacebar) when I'm new to the story. So a chance to do them solo the first time (and also learn the fights) is a good thing. ALL Flashpoints should have a solo mode for first run through.

Dislikes:

* The ability lag. It's everywhere, it's awful and it's unplayable. It's similar to CZ-198 and Oricon on their launches, and those both got fixed so hopefully this will be too.

* Comms restrictions - I don't like that I'm overcapped on Basic Comms but can't spend them on anything meaningful before 60 (so all the comms I earn during levelling are going to waste).

* The lack of hotfixes. Bugs and problems happen with an expansion launch. But they should be hotfixed with top priority, all hands to the pump. This hasn't happened, which appears very slack and gives the impression the devs just don't care.

* Gear itemization. Yet again there's some truly headshaking anomalies which prove the devs don't really understand their own game, or at least play it often enough.

* So many old bugs that still remain unfixed. I know this is a shiny new expansion, but it should also be an opportunity to fix up some long term issues. It feels me with a sense of deflation to still see all manner of niggly bugs still occurring. Devs must see them too (assuming they play their own game, so why not fix some of them?).

On The Fence About:

* The Disciplines system. I've not spent enough time with it yet to give a full opinion. First impressions are not good however, I don't like how the whole system feels even more of a straightjacket than before. But I'll give it time.

That's a rather obtuse way to look at things.

Not everything in this expansion is a VAST improvement over what came before; quite the contrary. The very fact you have an issue even considering it is quite telling, not to mention paradoxical given your statement.

Well I was referring to the whining about the diciplines system (especially the whining before it was even released).

But since that's not part of the expansion (but rather patch 3.0) I shouldn't have brought it up.

- Art design for the new planets is terrific!

- Disciplines. Even with the nerf to my Sentinel.

- More crafting levels and schematics

- Story seems good so far. I'm not all the way through yet.

- Solo mode FP's are fun, too easy, but fun.

- Legacy companion gear is cool.

- Simplification of the comms. Planetary, Classic, Basic, Elite, and Ultimate were too many.

- Class missions were cool

- Can send out 6 companions

- Cool new mobs, such as massassi

- Like the lore of the new locations alot, specifically Yavin 4

Dislikes:

- No quicktravel point in rest areas. I used my Stronghold when logging out but also like to logout in cantinas.

- No dalies terminal. That will be a pain once I just want to grind rep.

- Empire and Republic working together is difficult to believe

- Ability lag

- Slight Bugginess

- Nerf to damage

- Loss of abilities such as Crippling Throw, Riposte, and Cauterize. Any other class lose 3 and gain 1 replacement?

-Story on Rishi

-196 legacy companion weapons and off hands

-solo mode of FP

-Story on Rishi

Dislikes:

-Yavin 4 story

-SI class story

-lack of 196 companion off hands for dual wielding companions or healing companions.

-being mislead about comm and gear

-Bonus boss in 60 HM dropping 2 basic comm

-lack of items worth buying with basic comms

-162 main hand for elite comms. Do you guys even think about this?

Not sure about:

-Disciplines

Disclaimer: I have toyed around only a small amount of time with my Vanguard (Tactics) and PT, Sage (Balance and TK) and Sorc, Sentinel (Combat), Guardian (Vigilance), and Merc (Arsenal). I have not done any PVE content yet - only warzones - I'd actually prefer to do it after I hit 60 and get some PVP gear.

- TK Sage changes

- Tactics Vanguard changes

- The Disciplines system makes things more straightforward, utility points allow for at least some choice

- New stuff to craft!

- Some of the new PVP sets look really quite good IMO, kudos to the artwork team. I really like the dark reaver trooper set.

Dislikes:

- Sentinel lost crippling throw and riposte, precision slash is now on GCD

- The Disciplines system feels very "cookie cutter"

- It now takes about 900K XP to go from 55 to 56, yet warzones still give out tiny amounts of XP (around 20K to 40K)

- Balance Sage Sever Force is no longer on cooldown but only roots every 9 seconds. At any given time, it's no longer guaranteed to root my target, which is necessary for kiting. It makes it less reliable.

- Vigilance Guardian is even more OP now than it was in 2.0...

- No new warzones, nor anything really new for pvp except for a new set to grind

- S3 Ranked was really broken, and it looks like S4 will be also...

Edited by teclado

- look of Yavin 4. Sith Temples, Masassi etc.

Dislikes:

- Yavin 4 utterly under utilized. Given the all the lore attached to this moon (Naga Sadow, Exar Kun) there should have been so much more content and depth. Real shame here.

- Rishi "Pirate" armor...

- completely ruined Dathomir Shaman's armor set. was loving playing a sort Nightsister Witch and had created a toon with a look that I really liked, now ruined by the removal of the hood. Previously you could hide the hood if you didn't like it as always with any headgear. But for those of us that liked it, apparently we aren't given a choice now. will be deleting the character as result. quite annoyed about this.

- 2 new human hairstyles - pigtails? there are no pigtails in Star Wars... and whatever the other is called, looks like something out of the 1950s. Please respect and cater to the SW fan, not the MMO fan. If players want to RP a 12 year old school girl, let them do it someplace else.

- Disicpline system... preferred the old skill tree. I understand the rationale behind the decsion but still feels like choice has yet again been taken from me.

- outright removal of some class abilities, mediocre story. too little content to justify this as an expansion.

-overall SoR just feels underdone, somewhat lazy, perhaps rushed too.

Yavin 4 utterly under utilized. Given the all the lore attached to this moon (Naga Sadow, Exar Kun) there should have been so much more content and depth. Real shame here.

Ashara made mention of Naga Sadow when she got close to the pyramid/ziggurat/whatever in the middle of the Temple Ruins area. Hopefully something about him and Kun will be added eventually.

- look of Yavin 4. Sith Temples, Masassi etc.

Dislikes:

- Yavin 4 utterly under utilized. Given the all the lore attached to this moon (Naga Sadow, Exar Kun) there should have been so much more content and depth. Real shame here.

- Rishi "Pirate" armor...

- completely ruined Dathomir Shaman's armor set. was loving playing a sort Nightsister Witch and had created a toon with a look that I really liked, now ruined by the removal of the hood. Previously you could hide the hood if you didn't like it as always with any headgear. But for those of us that liked it, apparently we aren't given a choice now. will be deleting the character as result. quite annoyed about this.

- 2 new human hairstyles - pigtails? there are no pigtails in Star Wars... and whatever the other is called, looks like something out of the 1950s. Please respect and cater to the SW fan, not the MMO fan. If players want to RP a 12 year old school girl, let them do it someplace else.

- Disicpline system... preferred the old skill tree. I understand the rationale behind the decsion but still feels like choice has yet again been taken from me.

- outright removal of some class abilities, mediocre story. too little content to justify this as an expansion.

-overall SoR just feels underdone, somewhat lazy, perhaps rushed too.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just naive, but you're deleting a character over an armor piece that's not there anymore? I feel like that's a bit dramatic of a response to something.

Also pigtails / princess Leia's cinnabon hair do. It's all the same. It seems pretty dramatic of a response here too. People enjoy different options and hair styles, you're assesment that it's not star warsy enough is way too subjective to even think is a valid critique.

Some of your abilities you might be referring to are passive now. I lost Orbital strike, and explosive probe, but you know what? It's not that big of a deal. I got a fair amount in return with things like Acid blade or the stealth strike combined with other powers / made passive. You say you had choice before? You picked a discipline like tank or dps which you could never move from, and then had these trees with what amounted to a track that you pretty much had to follow, and then like 5-7 left over points or so that you could put anywhere else there's virtually the same level of choice now as there was, it's just streamlined in a way that the game can continually balance around. You wanted to keep your hybrid, when you knew that Bioware wanted to do away with them. You knew this.

Disciplines have been out like what almost a week? Give things a chance. Are you one of those people that is just never satisfied? You may think this expac was rushed, whereas I think it's phenomenal. For 20 dollars, two planets, new ops, new flashpoints, new skill system (whether you prefer it or not), updates to the interface, changes in the way daily quests were given, new crafting levels, new level cap seem like a lot to me. Just you go find something else to hate on. If you had some valid criticisms that I could see as being big enough to croak about at then I would be more accepting of this post. But, this is like the smallest of the small. If you didn't want to give the expac a chance from the start just say so.