NO LFG system is Crippling.

Standing around fleet waiting for members is really boring. Only Flashpoint runs that are being done are with guildies atm.

SWTOR's tools and UI feels like a game from the 1990s. And you won't allow people to help you with this obvious problem with mods. It's gonna take years for this game to catch up at this pace...

"Wolf! Wolf!"

I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at, since you seem like such an intelligent individual and all.

*Cough*

But really, you seem to be forgetting that alot of the playerbase is still levelling, what with the game just released. Use the time to group with your guildies and get to know them better until the rest of the playerbase catches up.

I haven't posted a thread in this forum

and obviously didn't read much it as well, else you would have posted in one of the gazillion threads. so you only came here to complain, and thought it was so important that it requires a whole new thread.

I think I can see now why you don't find groups...

Personally, I prefer the lack of LFG tool. It has been hard finding groups sometimes but I also hit 50 pretty quickly so there were very few people to pull from at that level. The nice thing about it? I've been making in game friends. Fancy that, an MMO is getting us cave trolls to be social! Keep it as it is and we'll have a sense of community that WoW has long forgotten.

You can't spell community without fleet channel 1 filled with mindless LFG messages!

It's becoming more and more difficult to take anything the "no feature X!" crowd blurt out seriously.

The quest pickup system is also quite terrible, both boarding party and the foundry are a pain to get quests for the first time around, involving you picking up this, then dropping that.

Considering both hm flashpoints are bugged, it's probably a blessing in disguise..

The features that that "other" mmo put in were put there to make the lives of players less stressful after many years of feedback. Shunning those features is fine, denying them to others because you had bad anecdotal experiences is not.

It's fine to lobby against cross server LFG, but at least moderate yourselves and settle for a in-server LFG system that allows for proper queuing and possibly automatic quest giving+shuttle to the area.

I don't mind interacting with other players and making groups on my own

After you've been spamming LFG for over an hour trying to get a group for content that you want to complete the game starts to lose its luster. Personally I don't find that fun. The game needs a better LFG system.

I could find a group for anything during the first week of this game. Now it's damn near impossible and I'm on a full server.

Edited by ratfanatic

Standing around fleet waiting for members is really boring. Only Flashpoint runs that are being done are with guildies atm.

SWTOR's tools and UI feels like a game from the 1990s. And you won't allow people to help you with this obvious problem with mods. It's gonna take years for this game to catch up at this pace...

get some friends maybe and keep doing things with them, tis called a GUILD

LFG systems ruin community

Why are you standing around fleet waiting for a group?? I just picked up Mandalorian Raiders earlier while I was questing on Tatooine. That's what the flashpoint shuttles are for lol:D

That's what I do for Flashpoints, just go to the planet I'm questing at and it makes it really easy to find a group. We needed two more for Athiss the other day, the party leader went to Taris and we had a full group in a few minutes.

how the **** did these people survive in wow for the FOUR AND A HALF YEARS that it didn't have LFD?

Aside from running with guildmates (which by the way does absolutely nothing to help communities)

spamming chat channels (at least at that time there was a dedicated world LFG channel)

lie about their specs

whisper random people in hopes they're a healer or tank, aggravating them with begging, and surprise, ruining the community.

So all in all, engaging in obnoxious behavior that in real life would equate to public intoxication, disorderly conduct, indecent exposure, take your pick of an analogy.

If you guys have "friends" or "guildies" that are willing to play when you want to play, fantastic, go play with them. If they ditch you for a dungeon finder, that means you weren't a desirable friend/guildy to begin with.

Let the rest of us have a choice.

Edited by Plaguewalker

If you guys have "friends" or "guildies" that are willing to play when you want to play, fantastic, go play with them. If they ditch you for a dungeon finder, that means you weren't a desirable friend/guildy to begin with.

funny that people complain that you always have to wait for a tank/healer even with such a system, and one of the reasons is a lot of tanks/healers don't do pugs. I ask friendly DDs to group with me and vice versa. or DDs spamming chat (sounds familiar?) to group with a tank/heal because they don't want to wait hours.

and, ofc that other games do fine actually without any lfg-tool.

could it be improved? definitely. does it need the lazy-one button solution? no.

Edited by Graburr

funny that people complain that you always have to wait for a tank/healer even with such a system, and one of the reasons is a lot of tanks/healers don't do pugs.

The point of the system is not to magically make more tanks or healers, it's to enable people to easily form groups while reducing all the annoying stuff that comes from having to try to make/find one yourself.

Filling out a group should not be difficult, running the content is there for difficulty level.

If it's on the same server, then it actually helps the community.

Edited by Plaguewalker