Get rid of the Novare Coast Intro Cinematic

Yeochins

When joining a game in progress dont play the intro cinematic. Its just a waste of time having to lag through 2 seconds of a useless cinematic if you use the space-bar.

space bar

noun

1. A horizontal bar on a computer keyboard that is depressed in order to move the cursor one space to the right or, often, to perform some function in a program.

The option to auto skip movies doesn't do a dang thing as far as I have found.

I don't want to see the Novare or VS opening scenes and I shouldn't have to use the space bar.

Why not just make the auto skip movie option make it so we don't see the opening scenes?

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with your escape key?

I do get your point, though. It still wastes time, and that time is important when you've joined an in-progress WZ. I still think it's less irritating than hearing Baron Deathmark's spiel every time I queue into Huttball.

When joining a game in progress dont play the intro cinematic. Its just a waste of time having to lag through 2 seconds of a useless cinematic if you use the space-bar.

Cinematic's there as a way to hide long wait times in the staging area. Needs to be X time to allow other people to load in as well as allowing people who let the q timer time out to be replaced. I don't know that it works in that respect (I've never actually watched any cinematic for any warzone), but that's the idea behind it being there.

This is such an easy fix from Bioware to make everyone happy reguarding this horrid interface issue.

Option:

- Autoskip introdution videos from warzones

Fixed.

But not only that, lets go in über customer support mode here:

- Autoskip conversation dialogue from quests

• - Show class story dialogue

Shame bioware wont listen to the ppl actually playing their game every day.

Edited by Steele_dk

Before the match the cinematics are fine but the novare coast cinematic really adds a delay when joining when it is in progress. Even when skipping the cinematic itself but the fact that it even starts adds the delay.

It goes like this:

-Queue pops, enter wz

-WZ loads and you are standing on the respawn spot, notice that the fight is already going, ready to join in.

-But you can't join because you are stuck in respawn spot unable to move for few seconds while the cinematic starts to load.

-Cinematic starts and you spam your space bar.

-You can join the fight with a 5-10 sec delay.

Just leave it for a new wz, disable if it is in progress. Just like there is no speeder runs and such in Voidstar if the fight has already started.

Before the match the cinematics are fine but the novare coast cinematic really adds a delay when joining when it is in progress. Even when skipping the cinematic itself but the fact that it even starts adds the delay.

It goes like this:

-Queue pops, enter wz

-WZ loads and you are standing on the respawn spot, notice that the fight is already going, ready to join in.

-But you can't join because you are stuck in respawn spot unable to move for few seconds while the cinematic starts to load.

Just leave it for a new wz, disable if it is in progress. Just like there is no speeder runs and such in Voidstar if the fight has already started.

/sign. It creates load lag and its rather annoying.

While they're at it, they can drop the loud noises that play as soon as you load into Novare. I suppose they are supposed to make you feel like you are dropping into the action. Instead, they're just loud and annoying noises right as you load in, followed by 90 seconds of waiting. Each time I hear them, I think that I might have joined the WZ late.

It goes like this:

-Queue pops, enter wz

That's not a problem. If you can see your toon BEFORE the cinematic starts, hitting escape will bypass the rest of what you said and you can hop right in. When it becomes a problem is if, say, you join a voidstar halfway through, you pop out of loading screen straight into the video, escape out of it, then are stuck in place for X seconds while the textures re-load and the rest of your team's already fighting.