Marauder best pvp spec - Annihilaton vs. Carnage vs. Rage

Ilianor

So I've got some new thoughts about all 3 specs. ALL 3 specs are playable in pvp. Annihilation is atm the best spec for 1vs2/1vs3 because of your selfheal and dat dps. Rage is awesome for teamfights because of your slam crits which does much pressure onto the enemy healer. Carnage is still my favourite, because I love the playstile but I stick atm with Annihilation because, like I wrote above, of the awesome selfheal.

Cheers

Edited by Ilianor

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, I think it all depends on your individual play style. I have played a lot of Carnage and Annihilation, and they each have their ups and downs... but overall I prefer Annihilation because it's also awesome for PvE which means I don't have to respec all the time. It's also a lot of fun and the rotation is more complex than Carnage, and I like to be challenged so... yeah. As far as Rage goes, it's just kind of derplolsmash. Not much to it... so it's not too enjoyable for me.

It seems to me that noobs play Rage, while people who have both hands and all of their fingers play Annihilation and sometimes Carnage. Is it just me or anyone else started noticing it?

Okay I mean watch the video - he speced 37 points into Annihilation.

:D

If you wanna be no skill aoe crit nab - reroll a Juggernaut, they get 30% extra damage on your beloved Smash.

Atleast he doesn't cry that we're weak and useless.

Edited by Deviltreh

Yeah, I said at the end that every1 should try out all the specs but for me, Rage is awesome for PvP, carnage too, but annihilaton not that good. Dunno, maybe I did something wrong :p

Annihilation is pretty great, but it's more for sustained damage in longer fights. Annihilate has great burst damage when it's off cooldown of course, but the real key to the spec is constantly stacking the bleeds. Over time, the damage is too much for any healer to keep up with. The spikes of burst from Annihilate, which has a shorter CD as the fight goes on, is just icing on the cake.

I think the "downside" of the spec, for most people, is the fact that it requires you to use more abilities, and to pay more attention to your rotation and status effects, than any of the other specs. With Carnage you pretty much just use what you've got off CD in a certain priority, and in Rage you're pretty much just spamming Smash constantly.

In order of the amount of skill it takes to play the spec, from least skill required to most skill required, I would say that it goes: Rage < Carnage < Annihilation. Rage is easiest and Annihilation is hardest. If a player is simply mediocre, he will do best in Rage, around average in Carnage, and horribly in Annihilation. Naturally, the worst players are the ones who are playing in Annihilation although it's far beyond their skill level, just because they heard on the forums or saw in videos that it was supposed to be the best. Of course they're going to get on the forums and whine about how underpowered Marauders are.

If all those noobs went and respecced to Rage, they might actually enjoy their class and do half decent... but they'll still never be as good as a skilled Carnage or Annihilation player.

I didn't say that annihilaton isn't good, it's just better for bossfights, because you need all that buffs, and normally they run out really fast. btw, just because you need to take care of your buffs, doesn't mean that player who don't like to play annihilaton are bad.. I just have more fun with carnage.

@white mount

1.5m vip mount

Edited by Ilianor

It seems to me that noobs play Rage, while people who have both hands and all of their fingers play Annihilation and sometimes Carnage. Is it just me or anyone else started noticing it?

If you wanna be no sko ll aoe crit nab - reroll a Juggernaut, they get 30% extra damage on your beloved Smash.

No I didnt notice it, because I find anni as easy as rage to play.

And even if Annihilation does good in pvp...no way an Anni mara will be more useful in Warzones than a Rage Mara, ever. (taking in mind 2 maras equally skilled).

It's more of an "want to play the most effective cookie cutter spec or not?" matter.

Jugg/guards may be critting harder with their pimped Smash.

But they do not have the survivability Mara does. A rage jugg get focused? He is dead. A mara can make it out of it alive even with no support from teammates.

Now, thats especially important if you solo-queue WZs, or if you like Soloing.

Edited by atreyuz

And even if Annihilation does good in pvp...no way an Anni mara will be more useful in Warzones than a Rage Mara, ever.

I love rage maras, free kills. nomnomnomnomn

And even if Annihilation does good in pvp...no way an Anni mara will be more useful in Warzones than a Rage Mara, ever. (taking in mind 2 maras equally skilled).

It's more of an "want to play the most effective cookie cutter spec or not?" matter.

Jugg/guards may be critting harder with their pimped Smash.

But they do not have the survivability Mara does. A rage jugg get focused? He is dead. A mara can make it out of it alive even with no support from teammates.

Now, thats especially important if you solo-queue WZs, or if you like Soloing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

im 95% or so of wz first in kills, 1rst to 3rd damage and 3rd to 5th in healing.

HEALING

so annimara kills the loads and help m8´s stay longer on the fight.

thats utility no rage mara/jugga has.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

im 95% or so of wz first in kills, 1rst to 3rd damage and 3rd to 5th in healing.

HEALING

so annimara kills the loads and help m8´s stay longer on the fight.

thats utility no rage mara/jugga has.

Get in a WZ with a decent Rage mara dude. Anni is fine, working and competitive.

But Rage > Anni in warzones, and you should know if you played both Anni and Rage specs.

Edited by atreyuz

Get in a WZ with a decent Rage mara dude. Anni is fine, working and competitive.

But Rage > Anni in warzones, and you should know if you played both Anni and Rage specs.

What exactly is Rage better at than Annihilation? Annihilation burns through armor, so its more effective at taking down enemy ball carriers. Annihilation has faster force leaps, so its better for being the ball carrier or chasing down the enemy carrier (oh by the way, force leap immobilize isn't stopped by resolve). On the subject of force leap, combined with faster disruption, Annihilation is better at killing those pesky healers in all warzones.

The ONLY thing rage has over Annihilation is AOE damage, which MAY be useful in Voidstar, but I could argue just as much that taking down specific key targets faster is more useful to the team, which Annihilation does much, much better than Rage.

Most people just can't handle the number of hotkeys required to make Annihilation work right, so they default to Rage or Carnage and think its better because their personal numbers are better than when they play Annihilation. Annihilation has the highest potential damage by far because you're also healing yourself which means less downtime being dead.

Carnage is the outlier in that its less damage than the other two, but has some nice utility in Deadly Throw root and Ravage root.

Edited by ArcadesSabboth

********. Rage is the best spec for pvp. Why? 4k instant dmg > dots.

Lol never played Annihilation have you? My annihilate hits for almost 5k, and my dots crit for 1.4k. Come at me with that weak *** rage spec if you want to. I'll roll over your *** lol.

Are you actually talking about 5k trough adrenaline+Relic+other **** stacking?

No, my annihilate hits for 4.5kish just plain warzone buffed. But I also PvP in PvE gear and I'm damn near full rakata. Like 1800 str self buffed.

Edited by Nmaharg