Has anyone dared to ask the healer to use healing stations in tactical flashpoints ?

On my jedi healers (Mains on both sides), I use the heal stations in every boss fight.. Not so much because I couldn't heal the group without them, I could and easily, but because it lets me practice and play with different rotations, including my rather sorry healer-dps..

I mean, why not? With those stations, I pretty much cannot run out of force anyway.. I just have to do the heal-force swap (I can never remember the names of abilities) a few times, hit the station and *puff* I'm back to both max force and health..

This mostly applies to somewhat well-geared or at least well-run groups, where people don't take a lot of damage anyway.. Especially if there is a tank in the group.. Just keep the shield-bubble on them and my job as a healer is pretty much done..

And why? Well, while I play a healer, because I enjoy healing, in some content (especially when I'm soloing things) and even in a few ops, it is sometimes necessary and/or a good idea, to clean a few mobs/ads, even as a healer, depending on the situation.. (No, not in an optimally run OP, but how often do you get those outside of guild runs anyway..?) Practicing in the tacticals and to some extent in the hardmodes gives me a better idea of what I can reasonably do without suddenly finding myself in an oh-sith moment with no force..

And baring all that, in a well-run group with little need of healing, I find it to be far more boring/annoying to simply stand around doing nothing, than at least adding my 5 cents worth of dps to the mix..

But that's a personal choice.. :)

Edited by Lord_Robert

Healer here. I use the healing station in tacticals. I dps the fight and save my energy for dps. I will throwout heals if needed, but mainly I use the stations to heal. Both of my healer are 180 gear, with my sawbones 180/186, but I'm not too proud to use the stations, as a matter of face I love them because it frees me up to pull the boss from the dps..which I have done more than once. ;)

Even when I play a dps toon, I will throwout off heals when I can, but energy is for dps, so I use the stations.

Healer here. I use the healing station in tacticals. I dps the fight and save my energy for dps. I will throwout heals if needed, but mainly I use the stations to heal. Both of my healer are 180 gear, with my sawbones 180/186, but I'm not too proud to use the stations, as a matter of face I love them because it frees me up to pull the boss from the dps..which I have done more than once. ;)

Even when I play a dps toon, I will throwout off heals when I can, but energy is for dps, so I use the stations.

See I wish I knew people like you and the poster above you , just had a 3 DPS and healer mission and yeah well they were not using the healing stations and a DPS had to use. I think they are fun ( the healing stations ) yeah changes it up a lot , so healers have a different approach and time .

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb