Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

Helidoc
05.06.2013 , 08:39 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiridian View Post
I was recently advised to run SWTOR in Windows xp sp3 compatibility mode for performance purposes (advice was for those using Windows 7). It seemed that running in this mode with Exca's SWTOR Unleashed active was not appropriate as I was consistently crashing during play. Forgive my ignorance:
1. Is SWTOR unleashed not compatible with running SWTOR in xp sp3 compatibility mode?
2. If it is not, are any able to comment on which might be more appropriate for someone with 12GB of RAM, 3GB of Video RAM, Core i7 @ 3.6Ghz?

Thank you,
Tiridian
Tiridian,

I run both unleashed and the game with Windows 7 64bit, never have run it in xp compatibility mode. I have an Core i7-2700k running at 3.9Ghz with 16GB of memory with a GTX 660 vid card. My Settings for unleashed are as follows.

Add DiskCacheArena
Add LocalApps
Select FX
Select Dynamic
Add extra 100mb to the ram drive size (under additional options)

Also because I have an Nvidia card I've made the following adjustments in my Nvidia control panel under manage 3d settings and it has helped this game as well. These Settings should be made under the program settings tab and select Star Wars the old rep for the program, if your system has not detected it you may have to add it to the list with the add button, be sure to add the program and not the launcher, again this is for Nvidia cards.

Set Multi Display to Single Display Performance Mode
Set Power Management to Prefer Max Performance
Set Max Pre Rendered Frames to 2 or 3

Hope this helps...

cymonguk
05.10.2013 , 06:31 PM | #522
Quote:
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═══════════════════════════╗
║ ║
║ ERROR ║
║ ║
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═══════════════════════════╝

This script has determinate that either the disk where your local appdata or
the disk where you installed SWTOR does not have NTFS as filesystem. Creating
links can only be done with a NTFS filesystem, hence the check.

If this error not correct, please post this error in the ramdisk thread created
by Lemon_King. You can find the link on the first line of this script.

Press any key to continue . . .
I am running a Win 8 machine with NTFS on both my hard disks?

EDIT: Ignore ,e I wasn't running as an admin DOH!

NOTanNPC
05.13.2013 , 05:10 PM | #523
m sr guys i cant download the unleash program :S any thoughs why?

NOTanNPC
05.13.2013 , 05:46 PM | #524
bump bump

SithLordJakin
05.13.2013 , 06:01 PM | #525
Do you recommend this for a Laptop? It runs pretty good already, but If something can make it faster I am interested. Here are my specs.

Spoiler

Peace is a Lie.

Max_Killjoy
05.13.2013 , 06:31 PM | #526
The sad part of all of this is that Bioware can't be arsed to code the software to intrinsically take advantage of systems with more RAM by doing this.

Franken
05.14.2013 , 04:07 PM | #527
I believe I have followed the instructions to the letter, but when I launch the program and go into settings, if I stay in that screen for too long, the UI stops responding and I am unable to click anything. Not really sure whats going on, but curious if anyone else has encountered this.

CyberTronX
05.14.2013 , 04:14 PM | #528
Alright, so my performance issue has always been warzones. I get 40 fps on fleet, 109 on my own ship, and a dismal 5-15 in heavy fighting in warzones.
I'm running:
Phenom X4 9750 Quad
GTX 560 (non-TI)
Asus M4N-78 PRO
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM.

This system is a mid range system built on a bit of a budget, and serves me VERY well in almost every game, but in tor, I've had the same framerate warzone issues since I had an 8800gt and a dual core.

Installing this program has definitely increased my fps in warzones. Up from 5 fps minimum to 15 minimum heavy fighting with almost everything selected to load to RAM. This makes PVP at least FAIRLY playable.

My GPU has always been about 20% loaded and my CPU at about 50%. My FPS indicator is red, which I heard to mean my GPU is the bottleneck, but I'm not sure how that can be with it at 20% usage.

Anyway, this program has definitely helped out, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's tried all of the other fixes.
"The following statement is false: The previous statement is true.
Welcome to our corner of the Universe." - Anonymous Seefra Denizen CY 10210

BellaEva
05.14.2013 , 08:04 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
The sad part of all of this is that Bioware can't be arsed to code the software to intrinsically take advantage of systems with more RAM by doing this.
  • 32-bit programs can only access 2GB of memory by default on 32-bit Windows. With some tweaking, its possible to get 3GB.
  • On 64-bit Windows, 32-bit programs can access up to 4GB.
  • A 64-bit program on 64-bit Windows can access up to 8 TB.

So why not make SWTOR 64-bit? Two ways:
  • Just change it to 64-bit, drop 32-bit. -- Loses a lot of users (a huge minority, possibly even still majority of people, use 32-bit Windows).
  • Make 64-bit version but also keep supporting 32-bit. -- More work, probably slower releases.

So there are some good reasons why SWTOR doesn't do that out of the box

TheFraze
05.16.2013 , 12:01 AM | #530
I am tehcnologically a little bit slow, I have ImDisk and the SWTOR Unleashed downloaded but am not exactly sure where to go from there, i've tried certain things but nothing that changed my in game FPS.

Was wondering if sombody had some spare time to help me through this, twoud be amazing.