Pvp dps

Anosa

I have been seeing marauders and bounty hunters grabbing 500k dps from a round.. my max i ever can gt as a sorc is around 340k and thats spamming storm and chain. What is a good build for us for dps? Edited by Anosa

Well you should never spam force storm as a start, it is only used to stop node cappers and to get chain lightning procs.

Something along the lines of this is fairly optimal

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201bZMsMMdRr0zZcrzRsMz.2

Assuming you hybrid use affliction on several targets to gain access lightning barrage more often. Use wrath procs on crushing darkness first and if you have 4+ seconds leftover on wrath's cooldown use wrath on lightning strike for a chance at a lightning storm proc. Use instant chain lightning and death field to create AOE pressure and attempt to only use these when enemies are grouped up. Only use lightning storm on 3+ targets and keep track of the internal cooldown on lightning storm. Use force lightning as your filler and force single target damage. CC appropriate targets with whirlwind and keep your static barrier up at all times.

Using this you should be able to almost double that damage you mentioned

its probably a gear issue..

i gave a 50 sage and a 50 sorc

in a game i can hustle my butt off on my sage who only has about 760 bonus dmg and ill only get like 300-400k dmg done

that same amount of effort on ym sorc with about 950 bonus dmg will pull me about 500-600k

just keep adding gear and modify for power...

its probably a gear issue..

i gave a 50 sage and a 50 sorc

in a game i can hustle my butt off on my sage who only has about 760 bonus dmg and ill only get like 300-400k dmg done

that same amount of effort on ym sorc with about 950 bonus dmg will pull me about 500-600k

just keep adding gear and modify for power...

im all war hero. so you suggest buying and stacking power augments? how abut alacrity?

You still want willpower augments in PvP gear.

You can get those numbers with a Sage or Sorc. I have done 600k, but it is difficult to pull that much damage with any AC or spec. You essentially need to be either geared well better than the oppostion, ignored and allowed to cast at will (usually at the doors on Voidstar or from the balcony at the middle node in Alderaan) or benefit from good healers. To pull that kind of damage, usually the other team will need healers as well. This inflates damage numbers as you have to put out lots of extra damage to kill someone. If you are in a warzone where both teams have a couple of good healers, you can see very large damage numbers.

I would only like to ensure we go with "doing the right thing at the right time" in dps is the most important factor than just how much damage you do or healing done....but yes you can manage more damage but its getting the order of abilitieis right, gear right etc etc but if you see over half a mil as a sorcs youre doing something proper right, you won't see it often.

DPS sorc in pvp is a joke atm, easily healed thro and lightning is to stationary which means deadmeat for marauders, juggs, powertechs... if u arent healing u are just a liability... same as merc

These kinds of statements are not productive and are entirely inaccurate. Plenty of Sorcs do excellent damage in PvP.

These kinds of statements are not productive and are entirely inaccurate. Plenty of Sorcs do excellent damage in PvP.

I concur. However, for my DPS Sorcerer to truly be effective and do the kind of damage other ACs are doing, I had to spec 20/21 (Lightning/Madness). Though, that shouldn't be the case in my opinion. With this build I finally broke the 400k mark and do so a number of occasions that is when I'm in a protracted battle.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

im all war hero. so you suggest buying and stacking power augments? how abut alacrity?

yes im all power and surge, alacrity i stay away from,

my crit is a little low thus... but my curent stats are about 1911 willpower, 960 bonus dmg, 1258 expertise, 76% surge... but only about 27% crit BUFFED

no they dont lots of damage on the scoreboard doesnt mean effective damage, just means u put lots of dots, sorcs dont have burst... DOT damage is easily healed thro or cleansed. death field damage is not that much also compared to other skills in game. So no its not inaccurate. DPS doesnt EQUAL Burst Damage, which is what u need for PVP. hence why smash is so OP and Powertechs. Lightning tree suffers the same issue as commando/merc, to stationary low survivability.

Edited by xxIncubixx

no they dont lots of damage on the scoreboard doesnt mean effective damage, just means u put lots of dots, sorcs dont have burst... DOT damage is easily healed thro or cleansed. death field damage is not that much also compared to other skills in game. So no its not inaccurate. DPS doesnt EQUAL Burst Damage, which is what u need for PVP. hence why smash is so OP and Powertechs. Lightning tree suffers the same issue as commando/merc, to stationary low survivability.

^^ This. This is exactly right and spot on.