What spec are you guys leveling?

stsao

Deception. Lvl 24 almost, no problems whatsoever. Until I hit 20 and got surging charge, I used Dark Charge to clear packs faster. My dmg is really good, I crit up to 1k maul with FW up, discharge and shock into 700's.

Leveling speed is great, no problem tackling harder stuff, soloed the bugged colicoid boss in the Pit at 20, only used 1 hp stim to heal me and my companion once (am biochem).

The lack of aoe moves hurts, unlike on my operative who has access to 2 aoe strong moves, the nade and carbine burst.

If Lacerate (?) the aoe move we get is decent - good, then is all cool.

Single target dmg is a bit odd for boss fights in FP. I can do high spike dmg, but sustaining it problematic at my level (as in using shock on CD for example). I try to not shock if I don't have 2xinduction up, always FW Ambush when proc is about to expire or if I know I will get knocked back / have to move to avoid aoe and can't use it later, discharge on cd, crit relic followed by force potency (?) is very nice burst.

~~

Darkness. Level 24 at the moment.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna tank at 50 or not. What I DO know is that it's going to be easier to pick up a DPS class later, after I have all the my tank cooldowns and abilities commited to memory.

Trying to pick up tanking after 50 levels as DPS is a much more harrowing affair.

~~

Lvl 20 darkness here as well, have all my skill pints on the darkness tree and I find myself at a cross road... From reading the guide it seems deception is the best tree to pick upwhile leveling and I'm curious as it also says is the tree assassins are built for...

Im used to galaxies where I used to be a medic/bm that is I had a pet tank and I could heal it all day long soloing very high lvl creatures. Short of instances I could solo anything. That particular build also had the lowest dps so I'm used to that. I want a build where I don't mind long low dps fights as long as I can tank for days. I think I made the right decision. Finding the content so far not terrible difficult but not a walk on the park either. For example I couldn't solo the sith in the story that zash replaced.

I think I'm gonna stick it out as tanks are always needed however any suggestions on point allocation or builds is more than welcome. I'm going so far with the 31/0/10.

I'd take a look at the sticky at the top Nandor, some great info there for all specs. I'm going the standard pve tank spec from the sticky and it's still good in pvp, just use andronikas and pulverise everything

Yeah Im on a pve server, do you mean you're going with the 3/0/10 too?

Yeah Im on a pve server, do you mean you're going with the 3/0/10 too?

Yeah, With Andro backing me up I can cheerfully take on everything. did my 4th companion quest at 30, only thing that gave me any trouble was my act 1 finale quest and that was only because I had to take Khem.

What spec are you guys leveling and why? How do you find the experience?

Deception. Because it means I'll kill things faster, and for Stealth improvements.

Stealth is great for some quick leveling. I've solo-ed some Heroic quests through some smart use of stealth abilities and talents.

And yet - Assassin is no Rogue. Tired of WoW players saying that. If anything - Assassin is like a Paladin with a Stealth button :-)