Question about Tanking

DBCoop

I'm debating very hard hard on what to roll for my tank class. I want it to be a force user so it's between Jugg and Asassin. What I really need to know is if Assassin's can end game tank as well as Juggernauts or if I'm just gonna be ignored. I know there is no question that Juggs can tank so I'm leaning towards that, but for PVP I'd rather play an Assassin.

I'm sure this has been discussed all over the forums but I can't seem to really find a definitive answer.

I'm an assassin, and I use force powers a lot, though the melee attacks I have are pretty powerful. as a juggernaut I'm not sure if there are much force powers unless you specialize in rage, but again, not sure. I specialize in deception for my assassin, though I think darkness would make you a better tank. I've heard an assassin can be an effective tank, just as a juggernaut is.

I'm an assassin, and I use force powers a lot, though the melee attacks I have are pretty powerful. as a juggernaut I'm not sure if there are much force powers unless you specialize in rage, but again, not sure. I specialize in deception for my assassin, though I think darkness would make you a better tank. I've heard an assassin can be an effective tank, just as a juggernaut is.

NNot sure if opinion had changed since beta, but general consensus was that Juggernauts/Guardians were the weakest Tanks out of all the 3 classes.

From personal experience i didn't have too much of an issue tanking with either class (had 35 Jug in beta, now have 34 Sin), although i've noticed that the Assassin has more AoE abilities to hold threat with, whilst the Jug has a slight advantage in the single target threat generation.

Thanks for the replies. I just wanna make sure I'm making the best tank because i'm rolling it for mainly tanking. But I know eventually I'm gonna wanna do some pvp and other stuff with him and in that regard I think I'd like Assassin more.