So still wondering about SWG canon...

Wolfninjajedi

Has it all be deleted or what? Like the events that take place, I know the player characters are not apart of canon but have some events been thrown away or? Like HK-47 surviving 3000 years and being stuck on Mustafar, is that gone or is he on mustafar still? Or what? Tbh it makes HK-47 seems pretty stupid, he survives for 3000 years and for being such a 'lethal' and 'deadly' assassin droid he can't get a ship to get off mustafar? On top of that he gets whooped by a bunch of nameless spacers. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

HK-47 did not die at the Foundry, the empire said they would rebuild him to serve them, it is possible that he escaped their control and found his way to Mustafar

Which isn't my question...my question is...is he still on Mustafar or since because SWG ended are all the events that take place gone now?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Hk-47 becomes Hk-51 And serves Malgus, once destroyed a second time he can then serve the players. How he goes from HK-51 back to HK-47 is a mystery. Don't expect it to ever be solved its just another continuity problem in this universe.

This. Lucas doesn't care. HK-47 will never end up in a Star Wars movie, so, he can be like half the lore and be contridictory to the other half.

A couple years back Lucas declared the anything taking place after Return of the Jedi as "not happening" and "alternate universe" specifically calling out Luke's marriage, which should doom Mara Jade, but Zahn just wrote another book that takes place between IV and V with Mara Jade in it.

That's just a small example.

This. Lucas doesn't care. HK-47 will never end up in a Star Wars movie, so, he can be like half the lore and be contridictory to the other half.

A couple years back Lucas declared the anything taking place after Return of the Jedi as "not happening" and "alternate universe" specifically calling out Luke's marriage, which should doom Mara Jade, but Zahn just wrote another book that takes place between IV and V with Mara Jade in it.

That's just a small example.

Where is this quote? I want to know.

To answer your question - no. Just because the game ended doesn't mean that a lot of the events, characters, etc aren't part of the Star Wars universe.

Lots of stuff in the game got mentioned elsewhere I think, like the new ships they introduced to Star Wars.

Where is this quote? I want to know.

Total Film Magazine 2008:

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

I see head nods to SWG all the time in this game.

Like the Twilek dancers in cantinas use some of the old entertainer moves.

Some character animations are modeled directly after SWG toons.

But seeing as this game takes place 3500 years PRIOR to when SWG did, I don't see how the lore from SWG matters...?

But seeing as this game takes place 3500 years PRIOR to when SWG did, I don't see how the lore from SWG matters...?

That is exactly what I was going to say. This game takes place thousands of years before the movies and, therefore, thousands of years before the events of SWG. Unless something in SWG specifically said something about it taking place 3000+ years ago, do not worry about it being canon or not.

Edited by Kemosobe

Has it all be deleted or what? Like the events that take place, I know the player characters are not apart of canon but have some events been thrown away or? Like HK-47 surviving 3000 years and being stuck on Mustafar, is that gone or is he on mustafar still? Or what? Tbh it makes HK-47 seems pretty stupid, he survives for 3000 years and for being such a 'lethal' and 'deadly' assassin droid he can't get a ship to get off mustafar? On top of that he gets whooped by a bunch of nameless spacers.

it's a mix of S-canon and N-canon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars_canon

But yeah for the most part it never ever happened which is how we should remember SWG.. as if it never happened.