Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Bounty Contract Suggestion

Kor-Vette

I would like to see an expansion of the Bounty Contract Week to include more planets - there are several now in game and they all look amazing, so it would be fun to visit more of them while hunting a bounty

Mabey even open them for 2 missions a day or more.

Along that line, can we make Bounty Hunting a profession - mabey a crew skill - so if someone wanted that game play for their content they could hunt NPC's every day - mabey just a couple, or mabey unlimited.

As per an experience from the old Star Wars Galaxies game - mabey we could get Bounty terminals, even installed them in our ships or strongholds (gives us a place to work from if we wish) and players can choose to put their names on the list for some PVP or if they do something illegal their name appears so if someone wants PVP they can hunt real players - regardless if its PVP or just PVE it should be time consuming to hunt, covering multiple areas of a planet or even moving to different planets, but the pay should be much higher.

Even now - doing a bounty and I get a suitcase with 600 credits in it!! Cost me 1,400 credits just to fly there!!

I am sure this has been discussed before - but wanted to bring it up again - I would love to do more bounty missions and more often

As per an experience from the old Star Wars Galaxies game

This is SWTOR, not SWG. SWG was a "sandbox" MMORPG, and SWTOR is a "themepark" one, and trying to import elements of one type into the other is never going to be a good match.

mabey we could get Bounty terminals, even installed them in our ships or strongholds (gives us a place to work from if we wish) and players can choose to put their names on the list for some PVP or if they do something illegal

This is not ArcheAge either.(1) How would you define "do something illegal"?

And given the current state of OWPvP (hang around in the PvP instances and see how many players are there!), I'd say the other half of the idea is a non-starter, too.

If you want some PvP, queue for Warzones.

I am sure this has been discussed before - but wanted to bring it up again

It has. Well, not the thing about the new planets, but the bounty terminal thing certainly has. The fundamental arguments for and against it haven't changed much in the meantime.

I would love to do more bounty missions and more often

That's mostly unrelated to the bounty board thing. BBA is my preferred event of all the recurring ones, but PvP bounty hunting seems like it would be mechanically difficult. At least you didn't suggest the thing I've seen in the past where players could be nominated as targets, which is a harasser's charter.

(1) I once had the surreal experience of being called for (in-game) jury duty when someone was put on trial for murdering my character, but it doesn't belong in SWTOR.

I wonder how it might be in-game and here's a thought.

Reputation system (theories):

Factions like Fleet, GSI, etc can get angry after a player did some against them. Why and what forced players to harm their interests? Good question. If a reward worth it, a player will do something dangerous.

Kill representatives, harm buildings, hack system and droids, betray - all these actions accumulate the threat which will backfire to you.

A player with a negative reputation acquires the target status. You need to gain X points of negative reputation to be a target for bounty hunters.

Quests: Find bounty hunters guild and became a bounty hunter. The reward depends on targets and your rank.

Target's opportunities: once a bounty hunter is the same location with the target, the target can choose - accept or refuse duel.

Duel fight: both players teleport to an instance and fighting. If bounty hunter won, rewarded. If the target won, got some victim points. You can exchange points for rewards. If you die, you lose the points.

Refusal duel: for bounty hunter - find and kill the target. You will be rewarded. For targets - once BH tracked you down, do run or fight, but you can't get victim points after fight.

Any ideas?

Mainly I just really like the idea of being an actual Bounty Hunter for my game content

PVE - there needs to be terminals - would be cool if through legacy you can put them on your ship, stronghold or guild stronghold, and if on a planet then mabey nar shadda and tatooine and drumond kaas (sorry never played imperial side so not sure if there is a better planet) - needs to be backwater, off the beaten path.

Bounties would range per rank and skill level and thus reward scale accordingly, but it should take 15min to over an hour to complete and everything from a copy of the current system (go to 1 planet, get some info, go to target location) to needing to deploy probes in multiple locations on the planet to traveling to multiple planets.

Before onslaught I was able to do the dailies on ossus and dantooine (when that event was live) and would earn nearly 500k to 1million credits - would take me couple of hours - Bounties should pay in the hundreds of thousands of credits and good loot along the way.

Would be cool to expand the Bounty reward system for things you can buy like more choices of unique armor and weapons and mounts so your game content and emotional reward ranges from visiting planets, to credits (everyone loves more credits) to unique look and weapons.

PVP - this is tough because only a small portion of the game seems to use the pvp systems, so it would need to be where a player can list themselves (but should they also put up the reward for beating them or just let the game set a reward) or as noted above have a system that uses reputation, but it cant be about ganking unsuspecting people as that is massively frustrating and people will quite, so there must also be a duel choice.

This side of bounty hunting is very difficult to regulate and implement, so even if it was just PVE for now and then open a forum discussion with players to work out a PVP system (I am not a PVP person right now, but for those who like that style of game play it would be cool to have something more dynamic and unique then just the pvp instances like huttball - every hunt you go on would be different and unique.)

My comment about the old Star Wars Galaxies game was simply to reference how they used a bounty terminal where you could get PVE and PVP targets and it provided a very fun and unique game play style.

Currently - with the Bounty Contract event when I do Voss it takes me about 10 minuites or less, I earn around $32,000 credits plus a suitcase with an extra 400 to 700, and it costs me $1,400 to fly there and 4 to 6 glasses of booze at $800 each to get the info - no loot from anything.

And can only do 1 per day...…...I want more!!!! hehe

PVE - there needs to be terminals - would be cool if through legacy you can put them on your ship, stronghold or guild stronghold, and if on a planet then mabey nar shadda and tatooine and drumond kaas (sorry never played imperial side so not sure if there is a better planet) - needs to be backwater, off the beaten path.

DrOmUnd Kaas is the equivalent on Impside of Coruscant on Pubside, so it is very much *on* the beaten path. Nar Shaddaa is also on the beaten path. Given "off the beaten path" as a criterion, I'd suggest Tatooine and Hoth, with Rishi as a third candidate. Everywhere else is at least next to the beaten path, if not squarely on it.

• 3 months later...