This expansion ruined pvp

teclado

Unfortunately, 6.0 ruined pvp for me. It doesn't even have anything to do with class balance. Here's why.

1. Credits for gear

For the first time (ever, I believe), gear costs credits. One set piece or one tactical costs a million credits. As a pvper, you have to have the set bonus. So that's 6M credits per character + a few million for tacticals, depending on what you want. I can't afford to get set bonus for more than 2-3 characters. Forget about tech fragments and how much of a grind that is, I'm only talking about credits.

2. Amplifiers

Again, this boils down to credits. I simply cannot afford to purchase set bonus pieces, tacticals, augments, and the amplifiers on more than maybe one character. So I have to accept being at a significant disadvantage because I'm poor and hate gambling?

3. Crafting

Ok, so the bulk of my complaints are centered around the credit cost of everything. Crafting is how I made the ~30M that I started this expansion with. This should be my salvation. WRONG. I believe we all know how terribly broken crafting is. So BW comes in and sets ridiculously high credit costs while simultaneously taking away the best method of being able to afford the credit increase?

4. PvP Rewards are Awful

I don't think I have to say anything here. Anybody who has done 1 flashpoint and 1 warzone knows what's up. I've made numerous stealth runs in flashpoints to gear one character. I don't think I have the willpower to do it again, even assuming I had the credits.

I know, nobody cares, but I have my finger on the trigger for cancelling sub. I'm a very patient guy, but when you launch something like this that is so obviously broken, must you really sit back and "wait for the data" to tell you what we all knew before this was even released?

A lot of credit issues you seem to have would be solved by selling conquest mats earned from all your toons, in particular, the cost of the set bonuses/tacticals. As most people know, you don't have to do PVE to finish your conquest goal, usually just getting the weekly unranked PVP done will be enough to fill conquest.

I agree that amplifiers are too much of a credit sink, however, as I alluded to in another thread, there is nothing in PVP right now that requires having i306 + full set bonus + tacticals + BIS amps + BIS augments. Just be patient with the amps, don't roll once the cost gets over 50,000 per roll. It really won't take that long to get a full set of whatever amps you need.

The PVP rewards could use buffing, but I'm sure the devs justified the rewards for PVP with the idea that bolster already takes players to i306.

Like I said before, be patient with 6.0....the gear, the amps...all of that will still be around one month, two months...even six months from now. At the end of the day, I still think 6.0 was a net positive for PVP with set bonuses and tacticals adding new layers to PVP.

I'd say "sorry to see you go if you do", but I'm not even really "here" anymore either. My post cookie is still good I guess, but I unsubbed a few weeks ago. I was so disgusted I even uninstalled the game. I know, I know... it's not really a long PvE grind. I could have earned credits by doing XYZ, blah blah. It's just a matter of how much stuff that I hate in this game that I'm willing to do to get to what I like.

Weird analogy time! It's like the frozen over pond in the middle of the field when I was a kid. After a snow... sure, I *could* go down and shovel the snow off, and then we could play hockey. But I don't like shoveling snow.

So I consider, how much snow is there? Oh, and the pond was getting kind of weed choked, so those are sticking up all over. And the weather was bad when it froze over, so it pretty rough ice. And then there's the thing where 1/2 the people that show up for "hockey" will figure skate instead. Or chop a hole in the ice and fish (even though there are no fish to catch). And then there's that one guy that always passes the puck to the other team anyway.

At some point I realized that the cool hockey games that used to happen, they are less and less likely... so forget the snow. There's a gym at school where I can shoot hoops instead.

Makes me sad though. I liked hockey.

A lot of credit issues you seem to have would be solved by selling conquest mats earned from all your toons, in particular, the cost of the set bonuses/tacticals. As most people know, you don't have to do PVE to finish your conquest goal, usually just getting the weekly unranked PVP done will be enough to fill conquest.

I agree that amplifiers are too much of a credit sink, however, as I alluded to in another thread, there is nothing in PVP right now that requires having i306 + full set bonus + tacticals + BIS amps + BIS augments. Just be patient with the amps, don't roll once the cost gets over 50,000 per roll. It really won't take that long to get a full set of whatever amps you need.

The PVP rewards could use buffing, but I'm sure the devs justified the rewards for PVP with the idea that bolster already takes players to i306.

Like I said before, be patient with 6.0....the gear, the amps...all of that will still be around one month, two months...even six months from now. At the end of the day, I still think 6.0 was a net positive for PVP with set bonuses and tacticals adding new layers to PVP.

I don't think I've received any conquest mats and I've farmed a lot of FP. Just not quite enough apparently. I view warzones as a waste of time right now because the rewards are so putrid.

I spent a few hundred K once rolling on an amp. I still didn't have the one I wanted, so I gave up. Looking at how many individual amp slots there are, I figure I'm looking at several mil at least. Not gonna happen. I didn't even get to 50k per roll. I don't think you understand. I hate gambling with a passion. I wish they would just give us a set price, but I think they won't do that because they are hiding the real cost. Again, this isn't a matter of time and patience, but rather a matter of credits and principle.

Sure, I probably could turn a blind eye to principle and play the gambling for amps game, get what I want for one character. But that would come at the cost of gear for another character. I used to play several, back in the glory days of cheap pvp gear. Now I can't do that and end up having to choose 1-2 mains.

their not hiding the true cost. I had a mod that went over 600k a roll. it has no cap. then I learned to farm fps for replacment pieces instead of rolling millions away.

Ye armouring and barrel/hilt is the most important bit but the RNG of getting a perfect barrel/hilt/armouring is very low so its cheap to just stuff another one in if the amplifier rolls are rubbish and cost is increasing.

Mods, you can spend ages farming for "perfect" stat ones and months trying to get the perfect amplifier rolls without spending millions per mod but they dont give combat benefit so... whatever I guess.

ON THE PLUS SIDE...

Gear is 100% legacy, I can create a perfect set and pour hundreds of mill into it and freely transfer gear, weapons, ENTIRE leftside and tacticals to my half dozen character clones on both factions.

I can also take that same full set of gear and stuff it on a totally different class so at the bare minimum I can be fully 306 (with no set bonuses and a bit weird stats) on any char of any class to get stuff done.

You could only partially do that before because leftside was never legacy. Now it is you can focus on pimping one set.

Edited by Gyronamics

Unfortunately, 6.0 ruined pvp for me. It doesn't even have anything to do with class balance. Here's why.

1. Credits for gear

For the first time (ever, I believe), gear costs credits. One set piece or one tactical costs a million credits. As a pvper, you have to have the set bonus. So that's 6M credits per character + a few million for tacticals, depending on what you want. I can't afford to get set bonus for more than 2-3 characters. Forget about tech fragments and how much of a grind that is, I'm only talking about credits.

2. Amplifiers

Again, this boils down to credits. I simply cannot afford to purchase set bonus pieces, tacticals, augments, and the amplifiers on more than maybe one character. So I have to accept being at a significant disadvantage because I'm poor and hate gambling?

3. Crafting

Ok, so the bulk of my complaints are centered around the credit cost of everything. Crafting is how I made the ~30M that I started this expansion with. This should be my salvation. WRONG. I believe we all know how terribly broken crafting is. So BW comes in and sets ridiculously high credit costs while simultaneously taking away the best method of being able to afford the credit increase?

4. PvP Rewards are Awful

I don't think I have to say anything here. Anybody who has done 1 flashpoint and 1 warzone knows what's up. I've made numerous stealth runs in flashpoints to gear one character. I don't think I have the willpower to do it again, even assuming I had the credits.

I know, nobody cares, but I have my finger on the trigger for cancelling sub. I'm a very patient guy, but when you launch something like this that is so obviously broken, must you really sit back and "wait for the data" to tell you what we all knew before this was even released?

1. 1M per piece of gear is very little. Calling it trully credits for gear is not fair at all to say.

2. You do not really need amplifiers unless your a perfectionist for pvp. You only need to focus on the armoings/hilts/barels and that's it. Do as others suggest do not go over 50k when rerolling and be patient, you only need to find 9 good ones and your set.

3. If you cannot make money from crafting, i must ask what in the world are you crafting? Granted, i am a huge crafter, but i BUY ALL my mats and still make good profits overall.

4. The rewards for pvp does need a little help, this we can agree on. I was very excited for 6.0 and i personally like the new gearing system. It takes very little effort to get to 306 gear rating and once you are there, you can gear out any other alt super fast if you know what to do.

Overall, it sounds to me like most people don't want to put any effort at all when playing an MMO these days. So many issues people complain about to me are simply L2p or THINK when you play issues. The PvP in 6.0 is extremely refreshing with all the new set bonuses and i'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Obviously you enjoy pvp on your fotm class

I've been playing my shadow since launch and it will always be my main whether it's strong or weak. I will find my way to make it work as best i can.

You can swap around to whatever you consider to be fotm if that's what you need to pvp. I never have and never will be fotm re-roller.

You might have to grind Master FP's for a bit to get gear, but it's still 100000000000x easier to get gear now than it was with Ossus. I'm already on my third gear set in a week of being back. The diversity with tacticals and gear sets make it interesting. Like what were we doing in 5.0s really? Yolos, that's about all that popped, or reg's which are number farming for most people. Group ranked became non existent after the weeklies we're changed because their was no incentive to queue. The gear sets are only a mil a pop, you can make more than that grinding planet dailies. If you're that poor credit wise, just use the free gear you're getting until you can do better. Crafting does blow, and this is coming from someone who was making 300 mil a week crafting and selling Masterwork weapons. reg's and ranked definitely need better rewards though.

I'd say "sorry to see you go if you do", but I'm not even really "here" anymore either. My post cookie is still good I guess, but I unsubbed a few weeks ago. I was so disgusted I even uninstalled the game. I know, I know... it's not really a long PvE grind. I could have earned credits by doing XYZ, blah blah. It's just a matter of how much stuff that I hate in this game that I'm willing to do to get to what I like.

Weird analogy time! It's like the frozen over pond in the middle of the field when I was a kid. After a snow... sure, I *could* go down and shovel the snow off, and then we could play hockey. But I don't like shoveling snow.

So I consider, how much snow is there? Oh, and the pond was getting kind of weed choked, so those are sticking up all over. And the weather was bad when it froze over, so it pretty rough ice. And then there's the thing where 1/2 the people that show up for "hockey" will figure skate instead. Or chop a hole in the ice and fish (even though there are no fish to catch). And then there's that one guy that always passes the puck to the other team anyway.

At some point I realized that the cool hockey games that used to happen, they are less and less likely... so forget the snow. There's a gym at school where I can shoot hoops instead.

That's a great analogy. I totally get that, too. I am the same way.

Basically whenever I take breaks off SWTOR, it's during a period of time where I assess what i must do to enjoy myself here. If I find too much PVE, too much RNG, or other factors that make my playtime less enjoyable, I just quit playing.

Recently, I too slowed my roll, I just can't be bothered siphoning through all the stuffs thrown at us then try to piece it all together just to get myself into WZs with BiS gears.

Like you, I do not partake in activities I do not enjoy unless it's paid work or chores I must do for good living. When it comes to a game, I just can't be arsed to do things I find unenjoyable just to do things enjoyable. if that makes any sense.

1. 1M per piece of gear is very little. Calling it trully credits for gear is not fair at all to say.

2. You do not really need amplifiers unless your a perfectionist for pvp. You only need to focus on the armoings/hilts/barels and that's it. Do as others suggest do not go over 50k when rerolling and be patient, you only need to find 9 good ones and your set.

3. If you cannot make money from crafting, i must ask what in the world are you crafting? Granted, i am a huge crafter, but i BUY ALL my mats and still make good profits overall.

4. The rewards for pvp does need a little help, this we can agree on. I was very excited for 6.0 and i personally like the new gearing system. It takes very little effort to get to 306 gear rating and once you are there, you can gear out any other alt super fast if you know what to do.

Overall, it sounds to me like most people don't want to put any effort at all when playing an MMO these days. So many issues people complain about to me are simply L2p or THINK when you play issues. The PvP in 6.0 is extremely refreshing with all the new set bonuses and i'm enjoying it quite a bit.

1. I disagree wholeheartedly. But I already went into that, let's agree to disagree.

2. It's a very noticeable difference, from the looks of things. It's not about being a perfectionist. It's about a level playing field. I already said I didn't even get to 50k per roll, and I already said it's not about patience.

3. I'm crafting nothing in 6.0 because the mat costs are insane and the odds of getting a schematic from deconstructing an item - even the odds of getting a blue schematic - are extremely low. It took around 20 tries to get a blue stim schematic. I've hear others have needed over 60 tries for the same. That's pretty insane. I know they are going to improve crafting fairly soon, but as it is I'm crafting nothing because I'd like to keep my hair.

4. Agreed on the poor rewards. I know I can get random non-setbonus 306 pieces with ease. I have tons of those. The problem is, those pieces do nothing when bolster takes us to 306 anyways. So it's a matter of tech frags (not a big deal, I can farm those) and credits. Credits are the problem, which is what I've been saying.

Look man, I'm not going to sit here and let you tell me to L2P or to THINK when I've already gone through these arguments and clearly enunciated what the problem is.

I hear ya. I'm about burned out and have not been playing much.

I have min/maxed three of my characters and then stopped the stealth runs on the side. My tech frags came to a grinding halt once I started getting them just through PvP. I have finished the dailies and the weeklies on all three of my toons and I now have TWO extra set pieces for my fourth toon. FOUR more weeks and I'll be able to play another toon that I enjoy.

Sorry but I just don't feel like doing this. And I will not grind stealth runs any more, in order to enjoy PvP in this game.

I'm pretty much done.

I can't believe I spent all that time solo grinding PvE, in order to be able to do what I love -- PvP. I got duped and it won't happen again.

It’s tragic tbh, like they just want to spit in everyone’s face who stuck around.

The recent lag the last few days and the fact the game just keeps randomly shutting down on the backup pc I’ve been using while my laptop is getting hardware repairs, along with the fact that I spent 200plus mil creds that I don’t really earn a lot of ingame to try and learn new augments to craft, and only a handful of people I really know still play have made my mind up.

Just gonna unsub, farewell all, was fun some of the time! o/‘

I don't have an issue with the gearing. In my opinion, the diversity it brings to the table adds a nice level of complexity and tactical fun to the game.

What I hate more than anything (except for mayonnaise) is the fact that Cybertech grenades have turned most matches into a Stunlock Fantasia...

:rolleyes:

1. Credits for gear

2. Amplifiers

3. Crafting

4. PvP Rewards are Awful

While I agree the credit sinks suck bad and pvp only players with no other income are getting the short end of the stick, I do disagree that you can nolonger make credits from crafting.

I’ve made 100,000,000+ credits since the expansion by just making things I could make before 6.0. I’ve not even paid to open up most of my crafters or gathers (except treasure hunting).

Augments, augment kits and even lowbie ear, implants, relics, hilts, mods and enhancements are selling well. Even some mats are flying out the door.

With lower content now “seemingly” harder for some people ;), they want to finally try and gear properly as they lvl up. :D

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Obviously you enjoy pvp on your fotm class

Not really a fair statement if they’ve always played a shadow. People should not automatically be cast with the FOTM stick. Because some people have always played that class even when it’s been crap

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sad to see you go again. But then I totally get where you are coming from. I’m hardly even stepping into pvp in this game anymore, I’ve spent so much time grinding flash points since the expansion and I’m enjoying playing more with my wife (she dislikes pvp). I’ve also found it less stressful on my mood because all the crap surrounding pvp was getting on my nerves. When I finish playing pvp, I am rarely in a good mood after or even during.

There are of course many other things that aren’t related to pvp that have made let my sub lapse once during this expansion and when the current 60 days is up, we will probably let it lapse again and go play something else while Bioware spend the next 6-9 months fixing all this crap (like they had to do with 5,0).

Yes, the game has some mechanics that are aimed against rich people and pure PVP players do have it hard cause of that. If you really just PVP then yes, you are not well off now. You technically do not need the gear as the bolster is up to the highest irating, but we know that its not the guarantee for success.

The main issue is that you really have to do PVE stuff to quickly gear, but seeing that you managed that in doing FPS, you should also try credit farming methods like heroics. Crafting is a good way to get millions, you just need to know what to sell. Its enough if you go collect crafting mat on the Onderon/Mek Sha just to sell those while you wait for pop.

It’s tragic tbh, like they just want to spit in everyone’s face who stuck around.

The recent lag the last few days and the fact the game just keeps randomly shutting down on the backup pc I’ve been using while my laptop is getting hardware repairs, along with the fact that I spent 200plus mil creds that I don’t really earn a lot of ingame to try and learn new augments to craft, and only a handful of people I really know still play have made my mind up.

Just gonna unsub, farewell all, was fun some of the time! o/‘

Oh no Eastiano. You cannot go if you do the game shuts down :D

I think two things are really broken currently, and that is Crafting, and Amplifers. There is small fix coming for crafting, but the thing is it is still overly complicated, even just to do a Mk-11 Augment slot. Mk-11 are now as complicated as it was to do thee 236 and 240 augments.

Amplifers need to be fixed or removed, especially when they effect an ability.

These two have made the game overly complicated, while the rest the new set bonus (ok some are useless in my Point of view), and Tacticals are really a fun addition.

If they just made just a bit more content like adding a WZ instead of this all bull stuff, then may be the game would be in a better place.

Seems BW never learns, look at all the useless companions we have today. There is no love for them, all of them are useless. But hey we can have one million companions to look at them, in the companion window.

IKR, 1 Mil per piece is nothing: get overt it, OP. I agree, newer players are lazy and ridiculously entitled.

1. Credits for gear

2. Amplifiers

3. Crafting

4. PvP Rewards are Awful

-1, I don't agree. PvP is the best its been in a long time, aside from tyrannical kiddies who want try to boot people at whim (<that> needs to go). Rewards are at vendors and can be achieved by anyone who wants to put in the work, IF they're not screwed over by other pvpers on their team booting them. 1 Mil per piece is laughable, if you think that's a lot of credits. Aside, if you want to unsub, that's your decision, but PvP shouldn't have to change just for you. I'd unsub if BW put PvP back to the way it used to be, which was god awful and way more elitist than it is now: it wasn't much of a community. I've never seen so many newer players get into PvP since the before 3.0 ---> that's a really good thing.