Imperial Agents going Light Side?

Malleable

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually quite been enjoying going full light side on my Agent. Doesn't mean she doesn't still get to kill people or enjoy all of the subterfuge, she just doesn't senselessly kill everyone she ever comes across.

Also, it makes for some interesting little nods from other people, as leaving certain people alive can have unintentional results.

I had planned to go neutral with my Agent, but fell more towards the dark side as I had to deal with psychopathic Sith and incompetent Imperial forces. Then there was everyone screwing with me in one way or another than needed to be dealt with.

When I finished the class questline, I was at 2500 Dark, which is where I'm trying to keep myself.

I went completely neutral trying to do what was best for the Empire on my agent and got him to lvl 50. I am now currently making a new one completely light side, it's quite fun and makes the story alot more interesting.

Despite what many people think the Empire is not evil, the Sith are evil, the Empire is neutral

Despite what many people think the Empire is not evil, the Sith are evil, the Empire is neutral

I went dark side, and let me tell you, if a Sith Warrior is evil, an IA can be bloody rotten!

I had moments where I was shocked I even had the options to do some really twisted stuff. And I enjoyed every one of them.

My IA is grey with a touch of light side. Sadly there are no 'bonuses' or anything for being neutral.

My IA can be compassionate, especially for innocent bystanders and preventing wars and mass slaughters, but when someone pisses him (me) off, there shall be wise-cracking sarcastic comments and executions.

My IA is grey with a touch of light side. Sadly there are no 'bonuses' or anything for being neutral.

BioWare stated at some point fairly recently (can't remember if it was an interview or a forum post) that they're working on adding Neutral gear and relics. Not exactly sure how it'll work, but I welcome it.

IAs are the only class that story wise can outright defy the empire through light side choices.

If you save Ardun Kothe in Act 2, you have the opportunity at the end of the game to defect and serve as a double agent with the Republic SIS. Though this wouldn't affect your actual faction or interactions.

It was a tough choice for me between Wheel, Saber, and Kothe, and Keeper Two, I stuck with Keeper Two because she had that certain amount of damsel in distress that James Bond just couldn't resist.

I went all light side on my IA, and with the exception of people in flash points getting pissed when I won rolls that caused a light side branch there were no issues.

I dont think it works like that. Even if you win the roll and picked a light side choice, they will still get their darkside points if they chose appropriately. All your rolling for is the cinematic in most cases (aside from choosing if someone lives or dies etc). I.e if you win the roll and say live you get light side points and the dude lives. But your teammates who all selected die but lost the roll still get darkside points. C/D?

Edited by samguard

I went all light side on my IA, and with the exception of people in flash points getting pissed when I won rolls that caused a light side branch there were no issues.

Pretty much this. I'm Light V, having picked most of the light options as I went up (but NOT all of them, since some of the Light options are just stupid), and with Diplomacy being my mission skill I can shift alignments easily. Here's what it's done for me:

> I use a blue color crystal in the gun that I hardly ever use instead of the red/orange ones.

> I use a +defense or +alacrity activation effect for my Relic, instead of the +crit ones. (I went with +defense.) In PvP the offensive ones are probably more popular, but as someone who soloes PvE a lot, that defense boost can be huge.

> I could have a little sandcrawler pet that has no effect, instead of the hovering interrogation probe that has no effect.

> There are a few custom armor pieces that I could buy, even though there's no actual reason to do so and by the time you'd be able to afford them you'd be nearly to the point where you start worrying about set bonuses.

The only downside is that in most Flashpoints I end up taking choices that are relatively unpopular with my teammates. In PUGs this doesn't really matter, but if you're doing cooperative story missions with friends it might cause issues.

But also realize that each of our companions have their own biases, and very few of them really LIKE evil choices. One companion likes anarchist choices (which can sometimes be light, depending on the situation), one likes "clever" choices, one likes "patriotic" choices, and one just outright likes you being nice to people. So you might actually get more companion influence boosts if you take the light paths, depending on which companion you're using (and assuming you're using companions for PvE).

I went completely neutral trying to do what was best for the Empire on my agent and got him to lvl 50. I am now currently making a new one completely light side, it's quite fun and makes the story alot more interesting.

Try asking a slave if the Empire is neutral.

Even if you win the roll and picked a light side choice, they will still get their darkside points if they chose appropriately.

Yes, but in some cases the choices you make have actual effects. Do you destroy the kolto tanks full of insane people, or do you release them knowing it's probably going to lead to an extra battle? Sure, the other folks get their darkside points, but it might cause other problems.

There's also just a story "flow" problem. If you're in a 4-man group and three of the four are picking dark choices, then you'll go through an entire conversation where your group, as a group, is mean to the NPC and suddenly there's one nice exchange mixed in there? Even if it has no actual game effects, it's still a bit jarring.

I am mostly light, with a smattering of Dark. My Sniper's philosophy is to support the Empire and the greater good and to hell with the Sith. He will dirty his hands when needed and tends to spare those he feels are worth sparing. Criminals and unrepentant terrorists tend to get a bullet in the head.

He does not think the Jedi are any better either though and feels the Republic at this juncture is misguided. Level 31, still in Act 1... damn you bonus missions plus PvP.