1.2 healer builds

Ryanbeast

I have not had too many problems healing less than 50, ill post a healer build tomorrow, you have to adjust your play style

I agree with this. I've been healing almost since launch (respec'd heals a week after hitting 50) and it was stupid easy - we had a nearly infinite force pool and could basically spam 3 abilities only using reviv and dark infus in certain situations and never using dark heal. We now have to triage our heals better - dark heal is actually useful, and dark infus is now used more judiciously. Consumption is also used less frequently - before I would basically consume after every innervate, never dropping below 90% force. Now I reserve consumption for when I can afford to toss myself a resurg or put a reviv at my feet. I'm no longer an infinite-force fount of never-ending healing, and that's ok.

This change forces out bad players, and makes good players less bored, IMO. I say good riddence to the Flavor-of-the-Month players - maybe now I won't have to compete against half the ops group for loot!

Edited by Natarii

Healing sure is more difficult, but not broken. Just have to change up the usual rotation. I was healing well all day yesterday. Not as good as I used to be able to but not bad enough to the point I would consider "broken".

I'd be interested in seeing the 1.2 Builds as well.

I agree with this. I've been healing almost since launch (respec'd heals a week after hitting 50) and it was stupid easy - we had a nearly infinite force pool and could basically spam 3 abilities only using reviv and dark infus in certain situations and never using dark heal. We now have to triage our heals better - dark heal is actually useful, and dark infus is now used more judiciously. Consumption is also used less frequently - before I would basically consume after every innervate, never dropping below 90% force. Now I reserve consumption for when I can afford to toss myself a resurg or put a reviv at my feet. I'm no longer an infinite-force fount of never-ending healing, and that's ok.

This change forces out bad players, and makes good players less bored, IMO. I say good riddence to the Flavor-of-the-Month players - maybe now I won't have to compete against half the ops group for loot!

Less bored?

Playing sorc healer is now like watching paint dry.

Less bored?

Playing sorc healer is now like watching paint dry.

It was like that before.

Anyway to the point of the thread.

Very little changed from the old main healing spec.

31/7/3

we basically lost the two of the three free points we had as they have to go into Dark resilience.

As far as healing goes we have a cookie cutter spec with almost no lee way.

enjoy

This would be my level 50 pvp healing build, pick up the bonus will power from madness, and the buffs to static barrier and force reduction cost from lightning.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGMRrdodGzZf00MZ0M.1[/url]

A lot of people are complaining about force regen and what not at 50 so I included the boosts to consumption and then its pretty standard healing abilities up the corruption tree. If I hd to make some changes in favour of damage and CC (not advised, I believe its better to main up one tree). I would go up to invenerate then then put the rest in lighting.

I looked at your build, I owuld get the will power bonus from madness, I would not obther with lighting spire or suppresion, unless you are playing with people who know what they are doing, some *** will just end it prematurly, Otherwise its pretty good for a hybrid build.

maybe something like this, have not played dps really so not too sure:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GRMRMdZscbMdRrZ0M.1[/url]

How bout this build? I was taking more of the holy paladin approach where you hammer every so often to keep regen up. With the talent in lightening-Subversion you use lightening strike to keep regen up. Thoughts?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGbRrd0dGzZf0bMZ0z.1

In 16 HM/NM man raids you cant really afford wasting force and time to build 3 stacks and then keep em up - you must be focused on raid's HP bars, as damage sometimes gets pretty spiky. So you either heal or waiting/regenerating mana. If you had 3 stacks for example, and was okay with keeping em up, then things got bad and you had to spam heals like insane - you will loose all those stacks (or someone will die if you try casting lightning).

At least that is mine understanding of healer and my approach to raid healing.

This would be my level 50 pvp healing build, pick up the bonus will power from madness, and the buffs to static barrier and force reduction cost from lightning.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGMRrdodGzZf00MZ0M.1

Ran something similar pre 1.2; good numbers.

Respecced to something similar post 1.2 although you've gone further up the lightning tree than I have. I stopped at corruption tier 5 and dropped the top tier aoe heal. Numbers still the same as pre 1.2 now that I've played with it some.

What I would really like is a better peel. Overload is only good for high catwalks in huttball. In any other location, you'll just be forced leaped, jet charged, grappled, or pulled back into range almost immediately.

Maybe BW will be nice and move electric bindings from lightning to corruption in exchange for fadeout. The added root would be a nice cast window of 2-5 secs after a peel in warzones.

With the 1.2 update, anyone have any good builds? I am mostly a PVP player

anyone work out a good burst rotation?

anyone have any other rotations they are using?

Tried a few specs so far, liked this one the best the 1 point you can put where ever. Affliction people up bubble yourself to get distance. Stay in their dead zone or LOS. Works better if you have teammates who know how to peel/help you out however.

Spec

With the 1.2 update, anyone have any good builds? I am mostly a PVP player

anyone work out a good burst rotation?

anyone have any other rotations they are using?

I would disagree with all of the above posted builds as far as PVP healing goes

I have done a substantial amount of PVP healing post-1.2 and I have found this build works best:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGrRMd0dGzZf00MZoM.1

Notes on some of the other variations:

Fadeout - Is near useless even with the change in required talents to Effacious Currents as the prereq. a 20% speed boost for 3 sec is nigh on unnoticeable

Dark Resilience - Many will argue with my 0 points here. However, I have found through extensive testing that the extra points in Empty Body to increase healing received is far more important than my need to occasionally use Consumption. If I am OOF in a match, I am usually dead or have time to Seethe between fights. Thus, it is better to help other healers heal you and heal yourself by putting the points in Empty Body instead of Dark Resil.

Sith Defiance - I am lukewarm on this. Really just an extra point and throwing it here for extra mitigation seems logical. Could be convinced to go 1 point in Dark Resil, however I think this would be better.

Revivification - Many "hybrid" build skip the last two tiers of the Corruption tree or just this last 31 point talent. I say this is a mistake. Reviv is a highly situational but extremely useful tool in our repertoire. It is extremely force efficient and effective healing if used with Force Bending in groups of 3+ people. Not as useful for Huttball, but with Voidstar and Novare Coast (particularly where you have people bunched up trying to take the consoles) it can be a savior.

Feel free to disagree. I have tested quite a bit and usually win 60-70% of my matches.

Imo, the best option now is a hybrid build. You can no longer out-heal a competent team so you must out-finesse them. Backlash and Electric Bindings provide that option. 250k damage/400k healing Voidstars are very possible with a 22ish/19sh build. I feel like I have a greater impact with a 250/400 game than a 50/700 in the days of old.

Imo, the best option now is a hybrid build. You can no longer out-heal a competent team so you must out-finesse them. Backlash and Electric Bindings provide that option. 250k damage/400k healing Voidstars are very possible with a 22ish/19sh build. I feel like I have a greater impact with a 250/400 game than a 50/700 in the days of old.

If I were PUGing I would prob agree with you; however, I run 80% of my matches with a very competent PT Tank and 2 DPS. Guarded, I can put out tons of healing and keep my team alive enough to pump out the DPS. I've tried the hybrid in the combnation and it seems to sacrifice too much healing for my survivability, which I don't need as much.

Some good overall helpful feedback here, although, not much response on equip-able attribute priorities(Crit, Surge, Alacrity, Etc..).

I am wondering what people think correct order of stats should look like.. Should Alacrity be very high priority more so over, lets say Surge? Or do we know of any cap numbers?

Been running a 21/20/0 build the past couple days and it's worked out pretty well. Sure it doesn't give you the crazy healing numbers but even my guild mates comment on how surprisingly well it does. Just remember there is damage mitigation that comes with backlash and overload and your single target heals are pretty solid.

I think there is also a mindset change when it comes to healing in 1.2. It's if far more frantic and you will find yourself having to make more choices. Sometimes you need to let people die and focus on those that can win the mini battle. Focus on triage and keeping people in the fight and topping off after the battle for the next wave.

Having the 20 sec sprint and overload plus backlash do add to your survivability and give you a little extra time to keep yourself in the fight.

One note on backlash...it's right clickable and my guys have been using it to their advantage so even if someone else is taking a beating they right click it to cc attackers, it works quite well.