Pop Culture references you would like to see

Halinmonk

Did any of the films include pop culture references? I don't remember any.

There are scenes with robots from Silent Running.

There's a scene where you see a giant snake skeleton on Tatooine that's supposed to be a nod to Dune.

More "inspired by" than references...

Obi-Wan is a Gandalf clone. His character arc in 4 is identical to Gandalf's in Fellowship.

Dune is heavily borrowed from.

I found that fallout and fallout 2 had the best easter eggs or pop cultural references things like

'You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.'

If you know where it comes from its a great reference, if you don't its a funny thing to say to someone as you make them dig at gun point. If they can be woven in without noticing then its a clever nod to those with a good pop cultural reference.

I don't agree with any current pop cultural references cause come new week I hope nobody will ever know what a Snooki is, there has to be a classic level to any references.

• 4 years later...
I would like to see some ester eggs, but they don't have to be pop culture references. I would prefer some old sci-fi mivie references or references to other movies from George Lucas. So that most people would not even get the reference. The Clone Wars show has some stuff like that, which I really enjoy.

I could see a Howard the Duck reference thrown in somewhere, I know it bombed but it's a cult following movie of sci-fi proportions and given that Marvel is owned by Disney as is LucasFilm it can be done now. Though yeah I could see a few easter eggs thrown in every so often.