Dialog error?

Automnal

[Possible SPOILERS for any who haven't completed chapter 2 of the Trooper story]

Since I can't find anything regarding this specific issue I have with my Trooper, I'll ask here.

Background: I picked Elara to be my squad's XO. The game said that came with the rank of lieutenant. None of the dialogue after that choice never made mention of that promotion, outside of Jorgan throwing a fit about being passed over. A little annoying from an immersion standpoint, but fine. That is, until the mission to destroy the Gauntlet. While assigning the team to assault the bridge, M1-4X referred to my Jorgan as lieutenant. Wait, what? Then, during the mission when Yuun gets sent off to help Elara, the player character called her sergeant.

What the hell, game? I know what choice I made. I can't be the only one who noticed this. Did my game bug when it came to registering that choice? I know I had that conversation with Jorgan where he manifested his displeasure at not being promoted, so the game knew at that point, why did it not keep it consistent? This irked me when I heard it.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Edited by Automnal
Typos