January 5th Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who stopped in for the livestream today. If you missed it or you were looking for links to anything we mentioned, here is a recap:

• 5-year anniversary rewards vendor will remain live until January 17th
  • Life Day event will remain live until January 10th
  • Game Update 5.1 - Coming January 24th
    • Five new Uprisings in Story and Veteran Difficulty
    • Master Difficulty for all KOTFE and KOTET Chapters
    • Galactic Command Gearing changes

[*]Influencer Mentions

[*]Next livestream will be on 1/26 to discuss what is coming after 5.1

Here are the names and locations of the five new Uprisings:

• Trench Runner – Denova
  • Destroyer of Worlds – Makeb
  • Landing Party – Rakata Prime
  • Divided We Fall – Coruscant
  • Trial and Error – Space Station

Here is a recap of the changes to gearing in Galactic Command:

• New currency: Command Tokens
    • They are earned from Command Crates
    • Command Tokens are Legacy wide
    • We will retroactively grant Command Tokens

[*]New currency: Unassembled Components

• Rewarded from participation in Warzones

[*]New currency: Unassembled Gear Pieces

• They are earned from Ops bosses or purchased with Unassembled Components

[*]Vendors to purchase gear will be added to the fleet on January 24 (Game Update 5.1)

Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stream was an utter disappointment. The community is in an uproar due to Galactic Command and you choose to ignore it. The 5.1 changes won't even come close to fixing it. :(

Here's the thread with concerns from Jedi Covenant: SWTOR forums / Reddit (since you wrote in stream chat that you haven't seen it, even though it's been in top place both on Reddit and in GD)

My two questions are:

• Is the CXP rate from Uprisings really working as intended? You mentioned that CXP from Ops is too low, so I am assuming that CXP from Uprisings won't be nerfed?
  • Repair costs are too high for legendary gear; you mentioned previously that you consider lowering them. Any update on that?

Edited by Jerba

...and Bioware continues to give solo players the giant finger. Typical. Grind is not an "opportunity." Period.

Eh. Why do I watch this stuff? I know it's just going to tick me off. At least leveling a new alt is still fun.

Edited by JainiaDral

The new system to "Improve" Galactic Command is even more complex than the old system you intended to replace for its complexity.

The entire ordeal can be solved by simply making ops guarentee unassembled token drops from each boss like it has been since the game launched, and simply having galactic command an available way to acquire gear for those who don't enjoy doing operations. Coupled with buffs to GCXP payouts from PvP and GSF, as well as solo content, this would be the ideal solution.

~ Eudoxia

•Tomorrow, January 5th (same time as usual at 2PM Pacific) - A quick hello from the stream dream team. We will review the 5-year anniversary, talk about what is coming in the 1/24 Update(GU 5.1) and answer any questions!

Hi Eric.

I think your auto correct might be broken, it seems to have put the word "any" in where it should have "no".

Thanks. ;)

I like the changes to the pvp and raids. Its a start. We still need legacy wide command rank. Also since you are adding command tokens have them be able to buy gear alone. If you should start tier 2 gear at 90. Do the math, you have 14 pieces of gear to buy and 90 ranks so about 6-7 ranks should get a piece of gear. Of course you can make it lower for ear/implants and higher for set bonus etc. I would also suggest the tokens be called tier 1/tier 2/ tier 3. So you have to be lvl 90 to be able to purchase tier 2 gear etc.

I have some questions regarding the pvp gearing progression.

I understand that Unassembled Components become Unassembled Gear Pieces (via a vendor) and that UGP + Command Tokens = Gear Piece. But will we have to keep the prior gear tier shells (like it has always been) and turn those in to get the next tier? So, if we get a 230 chest piece, we can pull armor / mod / enh but keep the chest shell in order to turn in for the next piece? Does this mean that since I didn't keep the shells that I have earned via GC, I will have to start from scratch and get the same pieces all over again in order to get the shells that I sold to vendors (after pulling armor / mod / enh)? :cries:

How many tiers will there be? Will the progression be 230>236>242 or does it include all of 230>234>236>240>242?

Naturally, we all want to know numbers for how many Components and Tokens required to get a given gear piece. I understand y'all are still figuring that out.

Thanks!

I understand that Unassembled Components become Unassembled Gear Pieces (via a vendor) and that UGP + Command Tokens = Gear Piece. But will we have to keep the prior gear tier shells (like it has always been) and turn those in to get the next tier? So, if we get a 230 chest piece, we can pull armor / mod / enh but keep the chest shell in order to turn in for the next piece? Does this mean that since I didn't keep the shells that I have earned via GC, I will have to start from scratch and get the same pieces all over again in order to get the shells that I sold to vendors (after pulling armor / mod / enh)? :cries:

How many tiers will there be? Will the progression be 230>236>242 or does it include all of 230>234>236>240>242?

Naturally, we all want to know numbers for how many Components and Tokens required to get a given gear piece. I understand y'all are still figuring that out.

Thanks!

This was already answered in the December livestream.

Yes, you need to keep the shells from a previous tier in order to buy the next higher tier. Not 100% sure yet if you can pull out the mods before trading it in like you could pre-KotET.

And there will only be 3 tiers (230/236/242), aka the best gear each tier has.

Edited by Jerba

Thanks!

Where are you getting the idea you have to keep shells at all or that it would track what gear you've had? Have I missed something?

As I see it if you actually had to progress through tiers of gear to be able to use your components on future tiers it would make PVP incredibly unbalanced as people able to do HM/NIM could go straight to getting the drops from bosses and be PVPing with higher end gear straight away compared to those having to grind through PVP tiers.

I would have thought you could buy any tier gear and the higher stuff would just cost more?

Yes, you need to keep the shells from a previous tier in order to buy the next higher tier. Not 100% sure yet if you can pull out the mods before trading it in like you could pre-KotET.

Lol seriously? So you have to actually grind and spend tokens to get earlier gear and thus therefore grind more tokens and spend those to get the next tier and then again grind more tokens to finally start getting the final tier?

How is that at all balanced?

Basically as of 5.1 I can run HM EV/KP easily and start getting 236s and never have to leave the first tier of GC because I'll have enough tokens ( if its 2-3 crates for enough tokens to cash in an unassembled piece ).

The way you are describing it makes it sound like PVP will still be just as grindy as GC is now because you still have to grind GC massively to even start getting the top end drops where as in operations I don't?

your EU servers latency is terrible : lag lag and lag ! even worse since your maintenance. it's unplayable

you slave of money bioware, who put their server in ireland, i will just be honest, i hate you.

i love star wars but you, you ! :mad: i will never buy one of your product outside this game of my life, even if you make another star war game, and i just hope you never will again.

Edited by Thaladan

Yep, I know that Eric mentioned that we would have to turn in the shells. I didn't intend to have that as a stated question (I realize now that I point-blank asked that...my mistake), but more of a thought process that lead to my actual question: am I hosed for not keeping the shells that I already earned via GC?

If we can't pull out the mods...oh man will that be awful. We would have to pay to pull the mods so we could put them in our augmented legacy gear, then pay again to pull them and put them back in the original shell before we trade up. The precedent from 4.x and prior is that it's just the shell that will be required.

I'm inclined to believe you and I really hope you are right!! I just don't remember reading that or hearing it on the livestream. That's why I asked. :o

Where are you getting the idea you have to keep shells at all or that it would track what gear you've had? Have I missed something?

Eric said this during the live stream today and in December. Honestly, how many of us ever keep the shells? I never had any reason to keep them thus far because I didn't know they were going to do this. :(

Edited by teclado

Eric said this during the live stream today and in December. Honestly, how many of us ever keep the shells? I never had any reason to keep them thus far because I didn't know they were going to do this. :(

Was that ever summarized clearly by BWA? Not that I don't believe you ( infact you are correct based on many people now clarifying this point ) but so much crucial information can be missed by the community that relies on the summary for discussion/planning.

As I understood it, it was just earn tokens from GC packs, earn components from PVP - spend both for gear. Never saw a mention in text of keeping shells but maybe I skimmed over it.

Playing any Warzone will earn you Unassembled Components. You earn more based on medals, match outcome, etc.

Turn Unassembled Components into a PvP vendor with a Valor requirement to get an Unassembled Gear piece.

Turn in an Unassembled Gear piece along with Command Tokens (which come from Command Crates) to get that piece of gear.

Is that maybe what "valor requirement" is meant to mean?

I don't see "also you need the old shells" mentioned anywhere?

...and Bioware continues to give solo players the giant finger. Typical. Grind is not an "opportunity." Period.

Eh. Why do I watch this stuff? I know it's just going to tick me off. At least leveling a new alt is still fun.

If you solo, you don't need any of the end game gear and can do most everything with drops that you get. Now you also get command crates with stuff. What is the problem? Because people that group in a multi player game get better stuff than you? If you only solo why does it matter what other people have vs you?

Was that ever summarized clearly by BWA? Not that I don't believe you ( infact you are correct based on many people now clarifying this point ) but so much crucial information can be missed by the community that relies on the summary for discussion/planning.

From the December livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/107684567?t=18m50s

But we don't know if the shells from Command Crates are identical to the shells from the PvP vendor. So not sure if there's a benefit to keeping the Command Crate shells, I also sold mine to a vendor. :(

If you solo, you don't need any of the end game gear and can do most everything with drops that you get. Now you also get command crates with stuff. What is the problem? Because people that group in a multi player game get better stuff than you? If you only solo why does it matter what other people have vs you?

I couldn't care less what other people get. What I care about is that Bioware's removed the equivalent of second-tier crystal gear and shoved it into these crates. And it pushes the randomness of the system in my face, while totally removing any of my agency in pursuing my own personal gearing.

It removes my control. And it makes gearing take longer. The same complaints everyone else has. Removing player agency seems to be everyone's issue with GC. Why would a solo player be any different?

My question is, why do you care what gear I get?

*drops a ball*

Unsubbed because of Galactic Command, DvL, and zero plans to bring back my Romance Companion. This stream simply confirms the wisdom of my choice.

Honestly?

I think they owe us an apology for screwing up 5.0 so bad.

And one for their lame half-hearted efforts to fix the problem.

Hello Eric,

I know it's not your fault but to be honest this new system stinks.

Not only it's way too complex but also it's not really mitigating main issues.

Could you please just for once accept it's wrong and instead of digging more into the dirt (to be polite) move along?

Seriously are the devs proud of what was implemented?

Pretty sure none of you are ever going to write on you resume:

• Designed / implemented the CXP system.

Edited by Deewe

Raids have lockouts, and your group could walk out of a raid with only 1 piece. Depends on RNGesus/ luck and how low drop rates are going to be.

SWTOR livestreams sometimes go in and out for me, so maybe that's why I didn't catch anything about shells. IF shells are actually needed for PvP gearing, then maybe PvE gearing wont be as crappy compared to it.

Edited by Radzkie

Hello Eric,

I know it's not your fault but to be honest this new system stinks.

Not only it's way too complex but also it's not really mitigating main issues.

Could you please just for once accept it's wrong and instead of digging more into the dirt (to be polite) move along?

Seriously are the devs proud of what was implemented?

Pretty sure none of you are ever going to write on you resume:

• Designed / implemented the CXP system.

They can't do that, because the person who proposed GC as the solution to their problems, and convinced them to spend all of their resources on it rather than new end game content, will be fired.