Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

Before this patch the robe did not look as advertised and so people demanded it to be fixed, and they were answered. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050 it is now fixed and looks as intended.

Let me quote one specific part:

The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.
Edited by Aelther

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't change the Trailblazer set back.

My smuggler WAS using the Phantom chest piece, but upon that turning into more of a Robe, i have since switched to the new look of the Trailblazer chest.

Instead of reverting the look of items, why not cater for everyone and produce both versions, prefix the names with Elite or Crybaby's or whatever. e.g - Elite Phantom Chestguard or Crybaby's Phantom Chestguard

Edited by orpheus

I hope this means they will return the Phantom Chestguard to its shoulderpad-less look. I loved its look pre-patch. And I like many spent money to get it. So I hope it is not a waste.

THIS!!

Pleas BW, revert the look to pre-pach. Thats why i bought the Phantom Head, Chest and Hands..

For the awsome look!

After people spent real money on it based on the previews. I find it amusing how many of the posts in that thread are people begging for them not to make the change.

NOT ALL people spent money based on the previews. Others spent them based on promos. And so they did not get what they paid for before this patch.

Before this patch the robe did not look as advertised and so people demanded it to be fixed, and they were answered. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050 it is now fixed and looks as intended.

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Updated on the front page, thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

That quote was the opinion of one person, although it may have been shared by many. What we have is a situation where people forget to realize that promos do not always match the finished product when it is released. We also have a lot people who bought the armor based on the ACTUAL FINISHED product looks. Those that bought the armor based on the actual finished look have at least as much right to keep the look they bought as those that wanted the look changed to match the "promo" look have to keep the new look.

NOT ALL people spent money based on the previews. Others spent them based on promos. And so they did not get what they paid for before this patch.

That's true, the very fist few people buying this gear had only the promos, based on characters that may have been a different race or gender, giving them only a general idea what to expect, to base their decision on to purchase. The rest of us used the changing room for what's intended for, to look at gear on our character and decide if it looks good for them or not. Both armor options have been in the live game, the only reasonable response at this point is to offer a choice, or a refund if they will not.

Updated on the front page, thank you.

Would you be adverse to those of us who like the "incorrect" look getting the choice to have the "incorrect" look, without having to buy a new piece of armour (as detailed in the thread linked above)?

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

That quote was the opinion of one person, although it may have been shared by many. What we have is a situation where people forget to realize that promos do not always match the finished product when it is released. We also have a lot people who bought the armor based on the ACTUAL FINISHED product looks. Those that bought the armor based on the actual finished look have at least as much right to keep the look they bought as those that wanted the look changed to match the "promo" look have to keep the new look.

Yes I understand, but understand that others bought it based on promos. So there is only 1 solution now. Give everyone BOTH versions. The wrong and the fixed one. Otherwise one of the 2 warring forum factions will tear BioWare apart...

And this is one of the largest forum wars I've ever seen xD.

Edited by Aelther

I don't buy things w/o looking at how they actually look. Concept art, promo art etc is notorious for being wrong. If you bought something based ONLY on it's promo art, then frankly, I feel for you because nothing, comes out of original concept or promo looking like it started.

I went to the various armor sets and previewed them to see what they would look like on my characters. On some one combo looked good, but on others that same combo didn't. I mixed and matched until I got a look I liked for each character and now... I no longer have that look I worked hard to get. I spent REAL money to get the look I had. NOT the *** fugly look I currently have.

BW can fix this easily though and make everyone happy. They can allow us a one time option to switch the look of apiece of armor from "option 1" or 'option 2' and once that switch has been made. It's permanent and can't be reversed. Then those who like wingy bits and enjoy looking (to me) weird can have their wingy bits and look (to me) weird, and those of us who detest that fugly look to the armor choice, can actually look decent and not like some reject from an art school.

You can easily hide the hood. Plenty of headbands out there, go get the one from the Nar Shadaa vendor.

That was actually confirmed as a bug a long time ago, it should not hide the hood (and it didn't used to back at release), every time they release a patch I fear my guardian will be crushed under the hood oppression once again (well now I have the valiant set to fall back on but still)

If the people that asked for the phantom and preceptor sets to be changed have their way the headband will be changed soon as well :(

Edited by Andronicos

That's true, the very fist few people buying this gear had only the promos, based on characters that may have been a different race or gender, giving them only a general idea what to expect, to base their decision on to purchase. The rest of us used the changing room for what's intended for, to look at gear on our character and decide if it looks good for them or not. Both armor options have been in the live game, the only reasonable response at this point is to offer a choice, or a refund if they will not.

Yup, I can agree with that. The best solution now is to everyone BOTH versions. The wrong and the fixed one. Otherwise one of the 2 warring forum factions will tear BioWare apart...

I don't buy things w/o looking at how they actually look. Concept art, promo art etc is notorious for being wrong. If you bought something based ONLY on it's promo art, then frankly, I feel for you because nothing, comes out of original concept or promo looking like it started.

Well when a new gambling pack appear you have no choice but to trust the ads. When enough people get lucky and receive those items, then you can start previewing them for real.

But yeah at this point, the best solution is to somehow give everyone both versions, or at least a 1 time choice of both versions.

Well when a new gambling pack appear you have no choice but to trust the ads. When enough people get lucky and receive those items, then you can start previewing them for real.

But yeah at this point, the best solution is to somehow give everyone both versions, or at least a 1 time choice of both versions.

I strongly support the option of giving us a choice at this point. It would be the best way to make everyone happy on this subject. Make it a limited time thing. You have x number of days to make the choice. If you don't make a change, your character stays with X design, if you do make a change, it becomes permanent and you can't reverse it.

Then they can introduce the 'old' look and the 'corrected' look into the cartel packs and armor choices and make credits while doing so. A slight name revision would be all it took really (other than the possible time to code such a change option in, etc).

Not just those types either. This Founding Subscriber will be unsubscribing pretty darn soon if this is not fixed in a way that gives me back the looks I spent real world cash as well as ingame credits building up for my characters. I don't think I've ever paid money for such a terrible level of programming, there has been a year for this to improve and in fact it seems to be getting worse, with almost every patch breaking something or other. The answer 'oh, duh, silly ol' us, we broke it. We'll fix it some time or other' has worn paper thin.

We were told weeks ago that the actual items did not match the advertised pictures on the Cartel Market. So we all knew that this was going to happen.

So we really shouldn't be all that upset. You bought it after you were warned it was going to be changed.

Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050

That post was made on December 12 / 2012 -- almost a month ago. The dev tracker is easily accessible so there really isn't an excuse for ignorance.

Players were warned. They didn't heed it.

No,"WE" weren't told about this, otherwise thousands of phantom chests would not have sold for several hundred thousand credits on the GTN. No one knew of any changes coming to this piece except those reading every entry in a specific forum out of the thousands and thousands of forums.

Right here to be exact is where they acknowledge it incorrect.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5569050#edit5569050

And how does your pointing out the same thread I was replying about being one of many thousands of threads make the situation any different?

We as a community were not informed of the changes. Only the people that were specifically following that thread were informed of pending changes.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suites, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suites. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?

This is ******** and you know it! I'm assuming this isnt your first time on the forums and website, thus you already knew that the first models were wrong as they didnt look like the models on the cartel pack. Bioware said they would fix this and they did. If you bought the pack and thought you were getting the new look I would have understood your ********, but now that they actually FIXED something you whine like a baby.

I'm guessing you want Revan's Robes to go back to previous state aswell?

Check out the 'new' Interstellar Privateer's set. It's the smuggler character creation armor of course.

It's also very similar to the Trailblazer gear. The Trailblazer jacket as before was mostly just the same top except with sleeves.

So I think it's pretty obvious that they wanted to make the Trailblazer set a little more different so that people would 'buy both' or whatever.

I would like to join the throng of unhappy customers who are registering their displeasure with these changes.

I would also like to go one further and say that the shoulder pads on the Phantom suit are an abomination, and the chest feature on Spymaster is unnecessary and ugly.

Please. Revert. I don't care what the Cartel Art said they should look like. The way they looked on release is vastly superior to what they look like now that they have been changed.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Awesome. The new sets look great! The "painted on" look is what stopped me from purchasing any of these sets. I've now bought a couple of each for my characters and companions.

Edited by Galbatorrix