Pug Operation Quiters

Lately i've been trying to to grind for some good operation gear but it has not been easy almost half the teams that i manage to find seems to have a buzz killing quiter in it. Some of them will Quit before we even start the operation, then there are some that will fight to the second last boss then quit for no reason which really destorys the team then we can't even finish the operation. I tell you this is very frustrateing Why is there not a penalty that will make these jurks think twice about that?

anyone else been having this problem?

Lately i've been trying to to grind for some good operation gear but it has not been easy almost half the teams that i manage to find seems to have a buzz killing quiter in it. Some of them will Quit before we even start the operation, then there are some that will fight to the second last boss then quit for no reason which really destorys the team then we can't even finish the operation. I tell you this is very frustrateing Why is there not a penalty that will make these jurks think twice about that?

anyone else been having this problem?

First problem is lack of knowing mechanics and raid awareness, some people don't have a clue what their doing even in a story mode and don't listen when people explain which leads to destroying the patience of more experienced and raid aware people who just want a quick run without wiping 10 times in a row.

Secondly the rewards system doesn't encourage people to stay in, 5 BH comms on a story mode isn't worth devoting hours of time for to carry some randoms through a story mode especially when half the time you lose the quest and have to put a ticket in just to claim it. Also on the harder ops that are not in group finder they give you a bunch of comms for completing the mission terminal quest... but after the second boss. It doesn't really encourage people to continue. Ideally they should just scrap the GF mission and terminal quest and have each boss drop a few comms.

Thirdly I would say people don't devote enough time to doing operations, partly due to what I explained above but also they queue in GF or LFG in general without considering real life aspects and responsibilities. I've seen someone quit an op halfway through because they've had to pick up the kids or take the baby to the doctors etc., just the other day we had someone drop out at soa without one attempt because they needed a shower. People should think of these things before even contemplating to start an operation, if you don't actually have time to play the game because of real life responsibilities why waste everyone else's time by joining?

had a similar problem in one of our guild runs which we pugged a dps. he was told before hand it was a full run but after the boss for the weekly he needed on some gear for his hk 51 and promptly left the ops. the kicker is we had a trooper that needed the gear and being a sentinel he obvious didn't. anyways he immediately went on 7 peoples ignore lists as well as his alt he was on when he responded. his guild and names are now on our guilds websites' black list.

what hurts is that new 50s can't get geared in hms because of all of boss skipping and now in ops there is a similar issue after the bh weekly com bosses. in my opinion the implementation of bh coms was poorly done.

• 1 year later...

People tend to be too lazy or otherwise to bother even trying to through a full Raid or Operation. There are many bad reasons in my mind for that, and probably for others, and here are a few.

1: Think they're too good or ****** to do a full run or help other group members.

2: Don't want to 'sink down' to anyone elses level.

3: Are too lazy to go past weekly boss.

4: Don't give a *****.

5: Think they're better than everyone else.

6: Are unwilling to 'try and comprehend' going past weekly.

7: More reasons defnately exist.

Its quite saddenign and dissapointing to see so many hopelessly bad players in games that just randomly quit, giving up at the weekly. Worse, some people outright use ALT-F4 to terminate SWTOR to HIDE from any whispers and people asking why they quit. Some might have a good reason for it, but it does not let the rest of the players off the hook. I wish quitting without a proper reason would prevent them from completing the mission at all, they don'y deserve the rewards. Lazyness is to be PUNISHED sometimes, this is one of those cases.

People are lazy and just hate doing more than is ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to get THEIR GEAR. The result is like others have stated -other people are unable to get more gear, or will have to wait a lot longer for it, while the quitting f*cks laugh. "yey got me gear, gonna show off like an idiot, yahoo!"

For crying out loud... its far more rewarding - and profitable, not only to do full runs, but if you've done a weekly but not the others, to stay or join an AFTER WEEKLY and help everyone else get what they need! Don't be a hoarding little *****ting dork and quit the first chance you get! We don't need to brand more people as "Gaming Traitors" or destroyers or whatever! And I've sadly branded HALF THIS GAME'S PLAYERBASE as such already for it!

Please, GROW A FREAKING HEART!

I've made my point clear. Hope those quitters have nightmares.

Edited by Balnazaar
Missed a few points

People tend to be too lazy or otherwise to bother even trying to through a full Raid or Operation. There are many bad reasons in my mind for that, and probably for others, and here are a few.

1: Think they're too good or ****** to do a full run or help other group members.

2: Don't want to 'sink down' to anyone elses level.

3: Are too lazy to go past weekly boss.

4: Don't give a *****.

5: Think they're better than everyone else.

6: Are unwilling to 'try and comprehend' going past weekly.

7: More reasons defnately exist.

Its quite saddenign and dissapointing to see so many hopelessly bad players in games that just randomly quit, giving up at the weekly. Worse, some people outright use ALT-F4 to terminate SWTOR to HIDE from any whispers and people asking why they quit. Some might have a good reason for it, but it does not let the rest of the players off the hook. I wish quitting without a proper reason would prevent them from completing the mission at all, they don'y deserve the rewards. Lazyness is to be PUNISHED sometimes, this is one of those cases.

I've made my point clear. Hope those quitters have nightmares.

Put in place a system where gear better than drops (at least sans set bonus armorings) can be bought with commendations, reward people with extra commendation for not completing the Operation, and let players move bound end-game gear around to all their alts and you get this type of behavior.

Make a few changes like reducing the number of comms per boss drop and awarding a larger number at the end when the Operation is completed (replace weekly with mission to finish Operation), make drop gear significantly better than comm gear (put high endurance and poorly matched stat items on comm vendors), and remove the ability to shuffle at least the last tier or two of end-game gear between alts and you'd see more people actually completing Operations.

But don't count on any of those changes ever being made as this game is squarely aimed at lazy casuals who don't want real challenges, just the illusion of challenges while being able to play the Star Wars dress up mini game.

Edited by DawnAskham

Put in place a system where gear better than drops (at least sans set bonus armorings) can be bought with commendations, reward people with extra commendation for not completing the Operation, and let players move bound end-game gear around to all their alts and you get this type of behavior.

Make a few changes like reducing the number of comms per boss drop and awarding a larger number at the end when the Operation is completed (replace weekly with mission to finish Operation), make drop gear significantly better than comm gear (put high endurance and poorly matched stat items on comm vendors), and remove the ability to shuffle at least the last tier or two of end-game gear between alts and you'd see more people actually completing Operations.

But don't count on any of those changes ever being made as this game is squarely aimed at lazy casuals who don't want real challenges, just the illusion of challenges while being able to play the Star Wars dress up mini game.

To the part in red they already do that. Coms gear is garbage compared to the operations gear. Even full 72 operations gear is better then the coms gear and you can get better numbers with it. To the part in blue no thanks. I would perfer to gear my alts with the operations gear I have tons of. Sorry if people get sick of bads causing wipes in SM Ops.

I haven't done any operations as of yet but my best friend has a boyfriend that does these. He is the type that will see the operation to the end, no matter how long it takes. From what she says he has even stayed to the point past the time he has to log to get sleep. He wouldn't quit on an operation just because they killed a boss. He respects the people he joined to do the operation and he just isn't the type to bail on anyone.

So there may be some that quit but then there are some like my friends boyfriend that will see it through to the end.

OP: I am guessing if you were on the same server as my friend's boyfriend he would run an operation with you and hopefully you all would get a great group. He's a guardian tank.

Have a good day.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

To the part in red they already do that. Coms gear is garbage compared to the operations gear. Even full 72 operations gear is better then the coms gear and you can get better numbers with it. To the part in blue no thanks. I would perfer to gear my alts with the operations gear I have tons of. Sorry if people get sick of bads causing wipes in SM Ops.

Somewhat, though if you look around, you can find pieces on the comm vendors that have mods and enhancements worth ripping.

And my point was more that old easy content, such as TfB and SnV SM, should not be farm-able for commendations used to buy 78 gear when the Operation itself is designed to be run in 66 gear and drops 69.

If people want 78 gear, they should be running 78 content.

And yes even I use legacy gear to shuffle off un-needed items to alts, though if I were running the game, I would remove the ability to move the best mods if not all mods using legacy gear.

Again, my personal feeling is if someone wants 78 gear on a character, they should be doing 78 content on that character.

Well, if you look at it, the system is a bit off.

TfB- By the time you get to the weekly boss, you're almost at the end, so I've seen a lot of SM pugs willing to give it a shot.

SnV- Weekly boss is so close to the beginning, and there's so much trash and so many bosses after Thrasher, that this is the hardest one to get people to stay for.

DF- I've seen pugs finish it, as long as the op was being led by a core of experienced tanks and some hard hitting dpsers who could make up for the derpsers who got themselves killed. The pugs I've seen have almost all at least tried the final boss, even if they weren't successful.

DP- I've never tried to pug it, and only recently did it on my tank. I actually thought the bosses weren't that hard, but I imagine explaining it to a pug would be frustrating, given how stupid some people seem to be.

ev pylons can be annoying since they reet of you dont solve fast enough, and people just want to spam left or right.

kp tower of hanoi puzzle use to be really annoying for many groups, now many out gear it.

16 sm operator in tfb can be annoying if you are short people.\

dp last boss is almost unpuggable. between raptus and the tank requirements, you need at least 3 people that know what to do.

right after reset you can try to form a group where everyone knows the fights, but later in the week, you end up with a bunch of people that have never done the op, and people who know it dont have the patience to teach new people for the most part.