8 man Ops, one tank or two?

As my group gets ready to do some raiding, we're trying to figure out our tank situation.

I've watched Hardmode runs of both Eternity Vault and the Hutt palace boss, both seem like one tank instances (or no tank in the case of the Rancor boss).

The first two bosses of Eternity Vault look like one tank fights (assuming your group AoEs down the adds during lava boss). The third "boss" looked doable as long as the weakside group (i.e. the side without the real tank) is on the ball. Fourth boss is a PvP event, no tank needed. Finally Soa also looked like a one tank fight.

Maybe there were some tank switch mechanics in there that I was missing, but the group doing the run mentioned several times that their second tank was mostly unnecessary.

They can be done with one tank fine, the pillars are easier with 2 tanks and the trash clear is much less hectic and easier with 2 tanks as well. Also having a second tank to hold adds on the pylons, and the lava boss makes life easier.

You can get by with 1 healer? Is there just no group damage? I couldn't imagine healing 7 people plus the tank as my bounty hunter. Just...wow.

This, that seems pretty intense. I mean, I suppose it doable if you stack for AoE heals and there isnt to much AoE, but still...

You can get by with 1 healer? Is there just no group damage? I couldn't imagine healing 7 people plus the tank as my bounty hunter. Just...wow.

We do hard modes with 1 Tank, 1 Healer (Sorc) and rest dps.

If you avoid most avoidable damage it really is not that bad once you get enough 136 gear.