Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

mustopak
01.09.2020 , 05:07 AM | #9831
Korriban FP MM. "Tank" wear DPS gear, says he's a PvP tank. Healer facepalmed. My 274 undergeared vigil DPS ended up tanking the 1st boss bc he was knocked into the electric cage. The poor healer did an amazing job healing my squishy hide... we took down the boss by a near wipe. Healer gets upset bc of the "tank"s ignorance, refuses to carry "fake tank" and quits.

We head to DPS check droid boss without a healer. Still ignorant, "tank" jumps and splat goes his companion. Then blames me for being undergeared when he goes splat himself in less than 10secs. I've done MMFPs with toons rated under 280 just fine if there's a proper healer / tank.

He just blames everyone else but him. I hope I don't meet his alt in other FP pops...

Kraysk
01.10.2020 , 01:05 AM | #9832
Quote: Originally Posted by mustopak View Post
Korriban FP MM. "Tank" wear DPS gear, says he's a PvP tank. Healer facepalmed. My 274 undergeared vigil DPS ended up tanking the 1st boss bc he was knocked into the electric cage. The poor healer did an amazing job healing my squishy hide... we took down the boss by a near wipe. Healer gets upset bc of the "tank"s ignorance, refuses to carry "fake tank" and quits.

We head to DPS check droid boss without a healer. Still ignorant, "tank" jumps and splat goes his companion. Then blames me for being undergeared when he goes splat himself in less than 10secs. I've done MMFPs with toons rated under 280 just fine if there's a proper healer / tank.

He just blames everyone else but him. I hope I don't meet his alt in other FP pops...
That's why we need legacy ignore.

On the other hand, i cant add anything new to this thread and its kinda amazing. All my VET runs be it HS or Nathema after 6.0 were pretty smooth, and i do MMs only with guildies anyway.

tomatosquish
01.12.2020 , 06:21 AM | #9833
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
That's why we need legacy ignore.

On the other hand, i cant add anything new to this thread and its kinda amazing. All my VET runs be it HS or Nathema after 6.0 were pretty smooth, and i do MMs only with guildies anyway.
I wish it worked this way.

Ran 4 flashpoints this morning, added 4 names to my ignore list.

First one went fine, told the group straight off I hadn't played healer in a long time so don't rely on me (it was vet mode so they didn't care). Had one guy bein a pest and breaking LOS then whining when I couldn't heal him but I was prepared for that.

Second one had a tank who threatened to quit if anyone else did a pull (again vet mode). We had a few deaths due to stupidity like not LOSing mobs, breaking LOS with me constantly/running out of my range constantly, not keeping aggro... The part that earned him the ignore was when he fell through the light bridge on HS (why he was standing on it while fighting hte turrets I don't know) and blamed me for not pulling him back (mind you I already pulled him out once).

Third run, yay another HS! I ignored 2/3 of the others in the group. Extra squishy shadow got mad that we couldn't keep him healed when he refused to use his DCDs and didn't use LOS. Then after first boss he went running off the wrong way, I pointed out that it was the wrong way and he vote kicked me.

Before I got removed from the group I saw one of them say in group chat "Oh this is the wrong way"

Last run not HS yay! Athiss, overall smooth run until just before the end. The shadow decided the best way to deal with the temple disciples was not to cc them and sneak past but rather gather them all from both rooms and aoe them.

Yelled at me for not being able to keep up with the heals, then started a vote kick. The kick thankfully failed. Then he wanted a minute before the boss fight (we snuck past the disciples this time). When he finally came back he tried to kick one of the others from the group (no explanation given). This kick also failed but the guy he tried to quick said a few words then noped out along with his guildie leaving just me and the kickaholic.

We got out companions and started the boss fight, we died, he raged out, I requed us got both the guys who had quit earlier and we finished.

Now back to hating group content...

Opiklo
01.12.2020 , 05:40 PM | #9834
you guys know the sav'rak? the cute little bugger on his platform in lost island?

me and some friends were there some time ago... as the guy who played scoundrel refused to heal we just did island with him as dps, a guardian dps, a vanguard dps and me as vanguard tank... everything went super smooth... no wipes relaxed run... sometimes i had to fear a bit for my life. especially at the bonus boss...

but anyways that run showed, that its possible to do mm lost island even without real healer...

and today i got one where i was the heal...

this is what happened at the sav'rak

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...735&height=538

its amazing what difference proper tanking and dps can make n a fp....
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

AbsolutGrndZero
01.12.2020 , 08:44 PM | #9835
Quote: Originally Posted by tomatosquish View Post
Then after first boss he went running off the wrong way, I pointed out that it was the wrong way and he vote kicked me.

Before I got removed from the group I saw one of them say in group chat "Oh this is the wrong way"
That's my biggest pet peeve. People always just click "Yes" without even caring about the reason. Almost makes me want to start randomly kicking people for reasons like "He has better hair than me." or "Sith with blue lightsaber"
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Zerileth
01.15.2020 , 02:29 AM | #9836
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
That's my biggest pet peeve. People always just click "Yes" without even caring about the reason. Almost makes me want to start randomly kicking people for reasons like "He has better hair than me." or "Sith with blue lightsaber"
I try to never kick. If someone is learning, I'll try and help/carry them. If they're being jerks I just try and get it over with. I wish BW would change it to 3 people required to kick and if no reason typed, it won't allow the kick. It puts too much power in the hands of a-holes.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk. Explore the catwalks or the forest floor. Revisit the star forge and Jolee's hut. A new stronghold! Fight Czerka or join them; play your way...."

JediQuaker
01.15.2020 , 09:39 AM | #9837
The kick mechanism is something I keep meaning to look into.
I think (but really don't know) that simply clicking the "x" next to the vote prompt, means that you don't take any part in the vote, and so the vote is determined solely by those who actually open the prompt and vote. This may mean that sometimes a vote may "succeed" with only 1 or 2 "kick" votes.
That is, it may be that people are just not taking part in the vote, as opposed to voting "yes"(kick).

For anyone in a group where a vote_kick takes place, be sure to actually vote if you are against the kick.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Rion_Starkiller
01.16.2020 , 01:13 PM | #9838
Almost makes me want to start randomly kicking people for reasons like "Sith with blue lightsaber"
That's not a legitimate reason?
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Tharandil
Yesterday , 02:06 AM | #9839
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
The kick mechanism is something I keep meaning to look into.
I think (but really don't know) that simply clicking the "x" next to the vote prompt, means that you don't take any part in the vote, and so the vote is determined solely by those who actually open the prompt and vote. This may mean that sometimes a vote may "succeed" with only 1 or 2 "kick" votes.
That is, it may be that people are just not taking part in the vote, as opposed to voting "yes"(kick).

For anyone in a group where a vote_kick takes place, be sure to actually vote if you are against the kick.
This has been bugging me as well, there were occasions in the past that i clicked "x" in a rush and then realised what i did when that person was being kicked... I regretted rushing it but it is a bit weird that the abstain from voting button isn't located somewhere logical

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg