How does your Guild handle loot distribution?

Loot council works great for us. It's not just officers it's veteran raiders, and we keep track of all kinds of statistics such as loot received so far, attendance %, etc... We've had zero drama with loot council, because almost every decision has been unanimous and made sense based on our statistics.

There isn't really a one size fits all scheme, but loot council if done effectively will be the most guild beneficial.

EC hm: If someone gets a set item from that lockout doesnt roll for another set piece, and we consider who needs it most, if there is more than 1 people who needs it and benefits from it and didnt get any set item loot at that lockout rolls for it.

Other raids: Just roll need/greed.

To the OP:

It seems like your major issue isn't with the loot system in general, but with the way BoE's & crafting mats are handled. As Carson posted above, our guild sends all crafting mats to the guild bank. Armorings & such like that are treated as Main Spec items and are distributed just like you would distribute a gear token. I like it this way because those armorings are highly coveted items and they help our raid more than getting more credits for the guild bank would.

The crafting mats, while in the guild bank, are used by the guild for gearing us up. They are just kept in a safe place and our guild crafters make things for us and life's good.

So it SEEMS to me, that your problem arises with the "you have to buy things back from the guild" part in your scenario. I have had guilds in the past where we did that--but only when the item went to an alt or for offspec or something like that. It seems counter-intuitive to penalize your raiders to improve their performance :\ But that's just my perspective.

lol when do you guys find the time to have a "loot council"

We down HM EC and we would prob get all sorts of /gquits if we spent 30 min a raid deciding who got what gear.

We are all big boys and you don't need the best in slot gear to clear anything.

Everyone will get theirs eventually.

If you can down the Ops already (which if you can't your team is fail neway) why do you care who gets the augs first? Has nothing to do with progression

Not to mention the changes in 1.3 have been known for a while. Making it even more unnecessary.

Let the rolls decide.

We are all big boys and you don't need the best in slot gear to clear anything.

Loot council can be done while clearing the next round of trash, and we have binds in vent for it too so it's super quick.

Additionally, when nightmare comes out everyone will want full BiS, so you're wrong and obviously don't understand how important it is to min max every element of your guild.

To answer the question in your thread title... we force loot on people.

Haha, so true. It's soooo nice to have guild members that realize everyone will be fully geared up before we get new content so it doesn't matter when they get their loot. We prioritize things based on the content and need. For instance, if DPS checks are more a concern than survivability then DPS would get loot first then tanks and healers. Weapons always go to DPS first, then tanks and healers last. For the most part though we just spread the loot around.

We actually had a plan to setup an official Loot Council with Officers and non-Officers but no one cared enough so it was just going to be a waste of time. So now I just ask who wants the item and if multiple people do the Officers just make the final call. We have never had any drama with loot.

Edited by dominius

Easiest and most drama free way of distributing loot for us has been open rolling, more or less. We do have a priority system, though:

1. Main spec, actual item

2. Main spec, mods from item

3. Off spec or sidegrade

4. Companions

So we just roll like that, no other restrictions. It's like someone above said, everyone is going to get what they want eventually. I will say though that the system can suck if you have a lot of pugs or guild members with irregular attendance. It's pretty damned annoying to get someone all decked out and have them dissapear a week later. But then again, nobody is going to want to join the raid group if you tell them they aren't eligible for loot.

Loot council. Any serious progression raiding guild is more likely than not going to use loot council. In fact, I've yet to see one that doesn't, going from my experience in both WoW and SWTOR.

loot council was seldom used in eq2. there was far too many classes and aa choices to make a group of people more knowledgeable than the person playing the class. we used mostly dkp instead. specificly open bidding dkp in my guild.

loot council is subject to percieved favortism and drama. if i bid 20 dkp and my guildy counters with 30 i have a choice to continue or stop. there is no drama involved. no percieved favortism. when you have humans making such decisions such issues will always come up. sure you have rules but you also have simuliar ones for dkp too. only i can decide how bad i want a item or not. not a few chumlees who are less knowledgable than me on how my class/spec works.

back to the op. we used dkp to buy items from the guild bank. each item and mat had a set price. you went to a officer and got the item with the dkp being deducted.

in a nutshell every guild will use the method they feel works best for them. some will work better with some people. most will use the roll for system as it is fair, takes little time and effort. other methods do have thier place. which is better is a matter of debate and perception. i do know one thing: loot drama has killed many guilds. do anything you can to avoid it.

What we do...

If you need it, it's your's. If more than one needs it for their main raid spec, we do "/roll" on it between the players whom need it. Highest roll gets it. If it's the last piece from the raid you need, you automatically get it so we can pull in another player to get geared.

All crafting mats go to the guild bank (for distribution to official guild crafters that craft items for fresh 50s to get into hard/nightmare raids faster) , but mods/enhancements/armoring/schematics are rolled upon in the raid.

Same method for both my guilds. Everything is done via master looter and voice comms. If someone isn't on voice, then it gets typed out for that person. Only mats go directly to the bank (which anyone can access), everything else is fair game for a need /roll.

If no one "needs" it, it goes out randomly.

Not allowing a roll on a Rakata level armoring/mod/enhancement is just counterproductive. Chances are someone in your raid could use it as an upgrade.

Edited by ekwalizer

another thought.... if nobody needs specific items (IE a Resolve Armor 26 drops) then the Cybertech gets it to RE for a schematic... as long as no sorcs/sins need it. Same with enhancements... the Artifice guy gets it. Mats got back to the bank. etc etc (Thats how we did it before the guild blew up anyways lol) Edited by ritchied