Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So about the new Flagship prices...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
So about the new Flagship prices...

LordDarkbane
01.04.2019 , 08:54 PM | #1
So am i the only Guild Master that has seen or is upset over the fact that the Guild Flagship prices were cut by a whopping 47 million credits and guilds that spent the initial 55 million price tag and were not at least compensated after the change? I know for many large guilds 47 million credits is child's play, but for small guilds trying to make something of itself like my own, this amount of credits couldve been used to make vast improvements to other facets of the guild. Perhaps I am thinking too much but i feel that guilds who spent the 55 mil should be compensated when such a massive price drop like this occurs.

SteveTheCynic
01.05.2019 , 02:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDarkbane View Post
So am i the only Guild Master that has seen or is upset over the fact that the Guild Flagship prices were cut by a whopping 47 million credits and guilds that spent the initial 55 million price tag and were not at least compensated after the change? I know for many large guilds 47 million credits is child's play, but for small guilds trying to make something of itself like my own, this amount of credits couldve been used to make vast improvements to other facets of the guild. Perhaps I am thinking too much but i feel that guilds who spent the 55 mil should be compensated when such a massive price drop like this occurs.
If you paid 55 million, then you should, indeed, be upset, since the old price was "only" 50 million.

But you're the only one I've seen actually complaining about having had access to a guild ship already.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Collec
01.05.2019 , 03:38 PM | #3
That was the price then,this is the price now deal with it. Should I be upset that they raise gear everytime and 5 levels since start of game? Should I be upset that they brought back that broken speeder from 1st Rakghoul event,so that now everyone can have it,even if they have to do some work for it?

And yeah I also don't get how you paid 55 million,when gships were 50 million...but whatever things change. You used to be able to buy some decos for 300k on GTN...nowdays they have prices of 35millions ...A SINGLE DECO:...whoever is crazy enough to spend that amount of credits on 1 deco needs to be put in mental hospital.

And BW even said it...if you purchased gship right before 5.10,contact them,if not deal with it pretty much. Do you also apply this in real life? because you paid X amount of money way back,should companies refund you,because now it's cheaper OR more expensive....

5.10 brought sooooo much salt and QQ...it's over 9000 !!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

LordDarkbane
01.05.2019 , 03:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
If you paid 55 million, then you should, indeed, be upset, since the old price was "only" 50 million.

But you're the only one I've seen actually complaining about having had access to a guild ship already.
Oh whoops, i dont know why 55 million kept popping in my brain, but still for a small guild like mine the 42 million credits would be great to have back since we barely have 4 mil in our guild bank at any given time, and no one is willing to contribute except the higher ups (whats left of us anyways). I dont know, honestly it just seems ridiculous to me to cut the price of of one of the most expensive guild utilities by THAT much and not at least compensate guilds that spent the 50 mil in the first place.

Collec
01.06.2019 , 05:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDarkbane View Post
Oh whoops, i dont know why 55 million kept popping in my brain, but still for a small guild like mine the 42 million credits would be great to have back since we barely have 4 mil in our guild bank at any given time, and no one is willing to contribute except the higher ups (whats left of us anyways). I dont know, honestly it just seems ridiculous to me to cut the price of of one of the most expensive guild utilities by THAT much and not at least compensate guilds that spent the 50 mil in the first place.
Play the game,do dailies,heroics,craft..sell on gtn...and you gonna get credits. And you don't need 100 of millions in gbank anyway.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

Genaya
01.08.2019 , 09:56 AM | #6
55mil?

When I bought mine they were 100mil.

And I paid for it entirely myself.

So yeah, a tad salty. But then, other people having nice things doesn't really make my own gaming experience any worse so meh...

Genaya
01.08.2019 , 08:56 PM | #8
Then I guess I'm foolish. I could've sworn back in SoR it was 100.

50m doesn't seem so much these days.

Xina_LA
01.09.2019 , 09:30 AM | #9
An encryption that used to cost 200k on the GTN now costs around 2.5 million.
Multiply that by 50 for a Framework, and 2-6 frameworks to unlock one room.
So no, don't feel bad about how "cheap" people are getting their flagships today.
Small guilds are spending a LOT more (by orders of magnitude) to expand than they used to.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

DragonArt
01.10.2019 , 12:05 PM | #10
I purchased a guild ship the day before they announced the change in price.. yes, am very annoyed they didn't offer a refund. That came out of my pocket and took me over a year to save for. Not everyone is good at earning credits.
I would love at least a credit to open a room.