Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

Zechalakazam
12.16.2020 , 07:01 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TreeHuggerHannah View Post
Story mode is supposed to be focused on experiencing the story. It's... literally right there in the name. If something (bugs, difficulty level, etc.) is interfering with an appreciable number of average players experiencing the story, the flashpoint is not tuned and/or tested adequately. The goal is thus not being accomplished, bottom line.

This is why we have game modes. If you want it to be a harder difficulty than that, you can play on a harder difficulty.
Basically this, those 2 people who quoting my post need to understand this or maybe they saying that coz they want attention really bad by telling people to play “properly” while it’s not the case for this FP.

Anyway, I will not give them attention any further smh.

JediQuaker
12.16.2020 , 07:15 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by TarotMage View Post
Twice I've done this flashpoint and twice I've been stopped at the same exact place, unable to continue. Very maddening to slog through trash mob after trash mob, almost reach the end and encounter the same problem the update claimed to fix.
Well, I'm not super-duper player - I've done this in STORY mode 4 times now**. I failed the first time through on a GS, then succeeded the second time. Then I had no significant trouble on a Guardian and a second GS.
It may be a bit too long and a bit of a slog in places, but it can be done with a bit of effort. Maybe it's just that too many players are used to just blasting through most single-player content too easily.

The final boss fight seems to be just a matter of killing the adds "down the stairs" first.

**Before the update. And all 3 characters are 306 iRating.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

TarotMage
12.16.2020 , 07:40 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Well, I'm not super-duper player - I've done this in STORY mode 4 times now**. I failed the first time through on a GS, then succeeded the second time. Then I had no significant trouble on a Guardian and a second GS.
It may be a bit too long and a bit of a slog in places, but it can be done with a bit of effort. Maybe it's just that too many players are used to just blasting through most single-player content too easily.

The final boss fight seems to be just a matter of killing the adds "down the stairs" first.

**Before the update. And all 3 characters are 306 iRating.
Wow, what a condescending post. Just because the flashpoint works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone.

FYI, I haven't gotten to the last boss fight. The two evading/resetting Ash'ad stops the flashpoint from progressing. Other players have reported the same problem so it is an issue..
"That's gonna leave a mark."

TreeHuggerHannah
12.16.2020 , 08:16 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I don't understand how that would work because the NPC doesn't live long enough for you to even physically get to that mob, let alone engage. He dies before I get to the bottom of the stairs if I take that approach because he won't follow me and the sharpshooters take him out.

Qrazyy
12.16.2020 , 12:01 PM | #55
I don't understand how that would work because the NPC doesn't live long enough for you to even physically get to that mob, let alone engage. He dies before I get to the bottom of the stairs if I take that approach because he won't follow me and the sharpshooters take him out.
Comp on passive, run to the bottom of the steps. Comp back on whichever role you had them prior.

casirabit
12.16.2020 , 12:40 PM | #56
Glad I'm not the only one having trouble at the final boss and my sage has 288/290 gear so it is not a gear problem. Just the 2nd add keeps killing her and the comp and I even taken to pulling him out of the way and it doesn't work. Oh well just one I will not do.

I am not going to keep paying repair bills and before someone says it I know how to play, know how to move out of adds but you can say what you want, this is overtunned for the story mode.

If I was doing the harder ones then okay and then you could bring other players. You can't in story mode. We tried.

Note: Even pulling the companion down to where they come up behind the stairs doesn't work. The others come running down where you are at so that solution doesn't work. Tried it 3 times.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

casirabit
12.16.2020 , 12:54 PM | #57
If a sage you can also use your rescue ability to pull him to where you are, but that doesn't always work as the others coming down the stairs as well. I have tried that 3 times before I said forget it.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

mike_carton
12.16.2020 , 03:50 PM | #58

Not arguing that the FP is easy in Solo/Story mode (*). Just providing some suggestions.

306 gear seems to help a lot. Even if we don't usually expect to require top rating gear for the Solo and Story mode content. Any random 306 gear should do, doesn't have to be BiS set bonus gear. Obviously, either the player character or the companion should be in the healer role.

Mobs reset if the player character moves too far away from the original position of the mobs. So staying close to the mob's original location helps even if you're kiting them.

The player character and the companion will have a CC (crowd control) ability each; they can be used on the snipers if necessary in the last fight before jumping down to fight the adds (the companion will come with you automatically if the snipers are on cc.)

A character (Sages and Inquisitors) with Force Armor ability (other disciplines have some equivalent abilities) can use it on cooldown; it provides defense (and offense if the appropriate Combat Proficiency is chosen.)

(*) For the SM expected gear level and experience, this FP is harder in SM than usual. At the same time, for the MM expected gear level, team composition, and experience, this FP is easier in MM than usual. Weird.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

TarotMage
12.16.2020 , 04:15 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post

Mobs reset if the player character moves too far away from the original position of the mobs. So staying close to the mob's original location helps even if you're kiting them.

I was in the middle of the mob. I was able to defeat the majority of them but the last two kept evading and going back to full health while I was standing right next to them.
"That's gonna leave a mark."

TreeHuggerHannah
12.16.2020 , 04:47 PM | #60
Is there any way to bring a friend along in this FP for story completion?