Worst story companion in the game?

jediknightmiles

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate T7. He's judgmental and his fake cheerfulness and constant beeping gets on my nerves. He's also hypocritical. For example first he beeps about being happy to leave Tython, then later when the Knight says "glad to leave Tython" he disapproves. So freaking annoying. He even had to show up in KOTFE and it didn't even make sense for him to be there if you're Imperial. Stupid machine.

Ashara is poorly written. She only works if you're LS Inquisitor. It's annoying to talk her when the game doesn't care about your choices in the game. LS Jaesa is kind of similar actually, but at least you have a choice there. Too bad, as Ashara's recruitment mission was excellent and she seemed like a great companion at first. Haven't taken my Inquisitor to KOTFE and KOTET yet but I hear her return has the same problem with her acting like your greatest desire is to be a secret champion of the light side (just like LS Jaesa). It's unfortunate.

Lastly I must give "honorable mention" to Lana Beniko. She's my Warrior's LI and I love her but lately she has also started to annoy me more and more as I've played through the expansions with my other characters. She's the automatic BFF who gets all the screen time and is almost always at your side. She's also not a very good Sith. I almost liked her better in the Hutt Cartel and Revan when she seemed to at least have her own thing going on with the Sith Intelligence. Then she just became your personal assistant - the kind that won't ever leave you alone. I'm getting tired of hearing her voice all the time. I want more Arcann, Koth and Theron, please.

Theran Cedrax. So so bad. Arcann is a close 2nd. I dislike that the Ossus default storyline has him as a companion. In what fantasy world would he not be in prison at the very least?? Send his arse to Belsavis.

Gus Tuno and Skadge are the GOAT.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

For me Holiday is the worst. She is a horrific abomination. Kaliyo is next unless you are the darkest of dark side and find her penchant for mass murder to be amusing. Then comes Ashara and DS Jaesa for both being stupid and annoying.

I find Mako to only be bad if you romance her. Then she just comes across as a shallow, money grubbing gold digger.

Kaliyo and Skadge. Both are just so utterly repulsive. Especially Kaliyo, she is just... insane. Like, I can understand being evil for a pourpose. But anarchism like Kaliyo advocates? And just burning everything down? Nope, that's not my cup of tea.

I also kind of dislike Jaesa but that's more because how badly some straight male players idolize and crush on her rather than her character itself. It can reach distasteful levels at times.

Edited by Ylliarus

Ashara. The happiest moment from last week was when my current Inky could tell her to take a hike and not bother him again in Alliance Alert. Too bad I couldn't do it yelling and pulling her from lekku. The voice actor crates my nervers more than I have words to explain. I feel like I'm listening someone scratching a plate with a fork. As a character, she is a total nuisance. It is like listening a teenage ultra-christian showing around her purity ring (no offence to christians, you do you). "Don't make me go against my teachings" yeah right why are you here? Why did they force this person on me? There is the comfort of other Inquisitors companions being so awesome you can just ignore her for good, and in the end get rid of her forever. On the other hand, I get some twisted enjoyment of annoying her more than she annoys me, and even my lightest Inquisitors will go all dark side on her.

Kaliyo would be second, but at least she is a honest psychopath.

Edited by tahol

Koth - He’s great if you’re Light Side, but a PAIN if Dark. He’s not the type of character you love to hate, either, like, he straight up just sucks the life out of you if you’re Dark Side.

Torian - He’s too soft for a Mandalorian, imo. Needs more grit. I don’t like him.

Quinn - Soyboy.

Rusk - Extremely bland character.

I want more Arcann, Koth and Theron, please.

You can't stand T7 but you want more space Hitler? After years of keeping you in carbonite, mass murdering crusades across the known galaxy, killed his brother because he went super saiyan emo for 9 seconds and pursued you because he wanted to rip his father from your skull and kill you both, you're fine with that??? Talk about a joke with no punch line. At least you're willing to give Koth a chance but Theron's like the third wheel to everything following SoR.

Rusk, Pierce, Tanno and sadly, Zenith are the worst companions imo if we were to go by their additions to the character stories and to the universe as a whole. While Pierce got the Bastion thing going, there was entirely too much build up to a fade to black screen and only to find out the historic achievement was paved over not long after with the Pubs retaking Corellia.

Rusk is.. just there.

Tanno is unlikeable and lacks any memorable moments besides that sale the trooper could unethically participate in (no judgement). It's like, why was this guy really here after the job was done? Even Skadge does a better job at being unlikeable but useful. Being the only crew member that a BH could rely on to get the gritty, dirty jobs done (you know, the things that go beyond our black and white LS/DS choices), Skadge earned his spot by being the scum a BH would have to eventually deal with. Tanno was just an a**.

Zenith just didn't mesh too well with the Consular imo but I like his background, personality and he was a fun ranged comp to have in general. Would like more customizations, please! :D

Do you honestly remember any of Rusk's?

I remember him and his moments, but it's been a while since I've thought much about him. I paid attention to him at the time because I wanted to include him in my fiction and I wanted to do him justice, even if I was going to kill him off horribly. :D The rest of my Jedi space bar everything he says cause I just don't care.

From the original gang? Ashara! She's so annoying then has the nerve to come back after everythings been dealt with demanding to be my equal? Get out of here! The only ones who (in my opinion) are worthy of ebing my equal are Arcann and Vaylin! They helped me defeat the Emperor ... you ... my Togruta, did **** all. Then when I try to zap her my Inquisitor stands there like an idiot as she walks off.

-

From Kotfe?

Arcann: I hate what they did to him. He was far more interesting as a villain. As a 'good guy' he's rather bland.

Lana: I despise her existence and barrage of instructions. It was like an ongoing battle between her and Theron to claim the title of the most incompetent companion.

Theron: Theron was good until this traitor plot came along. The writing really butchered his character with each release.

I got to say, I'm kind of surprised to not see many Corso's, I don't hate the guy but a lot of people I talk to just absolutely despise him. Anyway I'd have to say Kaliyo is the most annoying companion for me, both in KOTFE and based game on my IA. An anarchy driven character who just wants to have fun can be entertaining...To bad she tries to be deep about her views and fails. Her entire character seems to be based on ideas of anarchy and what they mean but doesn't understand what anarchy is or what it does.

Also during her side story when it turns out she's been selling imperial information. I wanted to kill her right there and then.

For me it's Ashara, i already did not like her very much in my first playthrough as a DS SI, i tried to tolerate her in a LS plytrhough, but that was not that great, then her AA came along and made me hate her, and i did it with my Imperius.

Seing the DS version of it, i know i won't bother doing it with my Nox, there's no way he'd let her walk away and not fry her on the spot.

Then, honestly if i had the option to send her back to the Jedi or kill her on Taris, i'd take that option and would not bother with her after she served her only purpose in that story which is getting Kalatosh.

Then come in no particular order Kaliyo, SCORPIO and Skadge.

I don't particularly like Rusk as i never understood why he was on my ship to begin with, but at least he's easy to ignore and doesn't get on my nerves.

Koth - He’s great if you’re Light Side, but a PAIN if Dark. He’s not the type of character you love to hate, either, like, he straight up just sucks the life out of you if you’re Dark Side.

He's a hypocrite. He expects you to care about Zakuul even though they attacked your home, imprisoned you and worship Valkorion as their god. He shrugs it off when you tell him about Valkorion destroying Ziost and then calls you a monster for not saving people from Vaylin's attack. I do like Koth but he's one of those characters you don't have enough opportunities to put in their place. SCORPIO is another one. You just have to listen to them whine or boast and have no good dialogue options to give some back.

You can't stand T7 but you want more space Hitler? After years of keeping you in carbonite, mass murdering crusades across the known galaxy, killed his brother because he went super saiyan emo for 9 seconds and pursued you because he wanted to rip his father from your skull and kill you both, you're fine with that??? Talk about a joke with no punch line. At least you're willing to give Koth a chance but Theron's like the third wheel to everything following SoR.

Eh I don't see what the problem is supposed to be. He doesn't annoy me at all unlike that droid - his voice is awesome and he looks cool, has an interesting character arc from your nemesis to ally/LI - what more can you want from a companion? Besides I'm pretty sure my Wrath and Nox have done their fair share of awful things... who are they to judge? And then my sweet Jedi Knight and Consular believe in second chances and redemption so they'll forgive him too. He did have kinda hard childhood.

Calling Arcann space Hitler is just stupid and ignorant. :rolleyes:

He's a hypocrite. He expects you to care about Zakuul even though they attacked your home, imprisoned you and worship Valkorion as their god. He shrugs it off when you tell him about Valkorion destroying Ziost and then calls you a monster for not saving people from Vaylin's attack. I do like Koth but he's one of those characters you don't have enough opportunities to put in their place. SCORPIO is another one. You just have to listen to them whine or boast and have no good dialogue options to give some back.

To be fair, Koth tells you from the start that he defected and joined you because he was ordered to kill civilians, which he did not want to do, even though tthey were supposed to be the ennemies.

That's pretty logical that he'd not tolerate you slaughtering his own people, especially civilians.

I think the problem about Ziost is that we can tell him, but unless he can see for himself, that's not something very real to him, while Valkorion has always been seen as a benevolent ruler for Zakuul.

Edited by Goreshaga

And he stupid. Who will put a bomb in his ship?

Ashara: She is annoying and naive. *Complete Dark Sith* Ashara: "You are different than the others". Yes, that's sure.

I would also like to have more Arcann, especially if he is the love interest.

To be fair, Koth tells you from the start that he defected and joined you because he was ordered to kill civilians, which he did not want to do, even though tthey were supposed to be the ennemies.

That's pretty logical that he'd not tolerate you slaughtering his own people, especially civilians.

I think the problem about Ziost is that we can tell him, but unless he can see for himself, that's not something very real to him, while Valkorion has always been seen as a benevolent ruler for Zakuul.

Yeah that's a fair point. Koth is a well written character and that's why I like him even though his personality clashes with some of my Outlanders. His relationship with Lana or rather how it's constantly mentioned especially in the traitor arc is annoying especially if you're not even romancing Lana.

Ashara - Jedi lockstepping drone. Like she can't think of anything but the jedi code and this is inspite of the fact she is no longer considered a Jedi amoungst her peers any more. So now she forces her convictions on others.

M1-4X - A propaganda machine with far too much jingoism to be considered anything more than a pawn. It's a bit too much. In addition to this: The droid is a walking scrapheap.

Rusk - He adds nothing, just another lockstepping drone filled with jingoism and bile which influences his choices antithetical to the ideals of the side he serves. Dunno why he isn't serving in the empire to be honest, he has the right mind for it and the casulty rate wouldn't be something the military would care about too much as death is merely the final failure of the weak.

Quinn - A bootlicker and one with questionable loyalites to his masters, he is also a bit too jingoistic as well which shows pretty well when it comes to dealing with people who aren't apart of the empire or any more. In effect he is a coward in a uniform who says one thing but means something else completely.

Raina Temple - An unconvincing wooden soldier who tries to be something she isn't. Despite all her best efforts, she comes off as dull and unimaginative compared to the rest of the IA's crew.

Blizz - A Rat in a cloak, making noises and without bringing anything serious like everyone else does on the hunters ship, i can't understand why such a parasite continues to travel with the crew.

- Mako has slicing and a complicated past.

- Torian is still learning to be Mandalorian (which also helps the PC learn as well) and brings his fighting skills.

- Gault brings a complicated past, his skills with a weapon and his sharp mind.

- Skadge brings his scary looking frame and also a black sun leader.

Compared to these, Blizz only has one person whom he dislikes and beyond that? nothing.

Zenith - Your typical politician, always looking to find dirt and bury opponents while looking to be seen as a hero. Despite his position as a terrorist to the empire and his unsavory nature around the republic, he manages to fail upwards in true political fashion. I hate politicians.

Bowdaar - A walking carpet that makes noises, doesn't contribute anything by himself. Even after leaving the ship and freeing a few slaves here and there in the Zakuul Arena, he just doesn't add anything and probably one of the most anonymous companions around.

I feel like Broonmark really offered nothing at all to the SW story, nor did his companion conversations really held anything new and interesting or even lore-expanding for the player to consume. Broonmark had the generic-tribal-barbarian premade d&d character written all over him. He really offered nothing to the consumer. Not even hate, that's how bland he was. Edited by Kiesu