I feel dumb this bothers me so much

Duronimo

It's annoying how as a Sentinel I never use both my lightsabers in cutscenes. Always makes it seem like you're "supposed" to only use one lightsaber. I can kind of rationalize it if there's a scuffle scene before a fight as "I didn't want to use both if I didn't have to". Like how in DBZ they always hold back and never use their full power right off the bat, but if there's a scene after a fight where I only have one lightsaber out I'm like "Why??" Why would I put one away? I guess you could say the enemy's weak so again, I don't need both now, but if I'm playing a dual wield character in DnD I'm not gonna spend part of my turn sheathing my offhand weapon on the last round just bc I don't need the extra damage. I know I'm injecting way too much logic into this, but that's just how my brain do.

I like how the sentinel plays. It feels a lot more face paced than the guardian, and I'm not too bothered with tanking. I've never been the biggest fan of dual wielding in Star Wars though bc in every instance I've seen it it feels accidental or forced. E.g. in episode 2 Anakin uses Obi-Wan's lightsaber to dual wield. Even in the SWTOR cinematic Satele's master only dual wields bc she gives him her lightsaber. Same with Malgus. I just haven't seen many Jedi or Sith who officially use 2 lightsabers as their main choice.

There's just this constant disconnect for me between the story and my character. In cutscenes I'm a guardian and in the actual gameplay I'm a sentinel. That's how it feels to me at least.

It's probably because of the shared class story. Like cheaper to program one cutscene with 1 lightsaber than 2 for guardian/sent seperately.

Like troopers who use pistols in cutscenes

Oh I know that's the reason. Still breaks immersion for me. I would just play guardian but I'm not that interested in tanking. I tanked so much in WoW back in the day I just get burned out easily if I feel like I'm being asked to tank all the time, and apparently a guardian who isn't interested in tanking at all is shooting themselves in the foot from what I hear, so better to just go sentinel and not have that option.

I'd rather just use 1 lightsaber. Even aside from not using it in cutscenes I do prefer the traditional style. Just wish I didn't have to worry about tanking so much or I'd go guardian np. Even in PvP I've heard it's best to go tank and use dps gear, which I don't like the sound of.

I feel like guardian falls into the same trap my WoW pally did, where I never really got to play ret as my main spec bc guilds always needed healers or tanks, and even if they did need DPS ret has always been middle of the pack "meh" and trying to force my way in anywhere with it always felt like "no, I refuse to play holy or prot, which are typically always amazing and desired, in favor of the mediocre dps spec".

Feels exactly the same on my guardian. "No, I don't want to tank even though defense is incredible, please take me as one of the dps specs that do less dps than the other version of this class I could've gone which completely focuses on my favorite role, but didn't bc I can't stand dual wielding. Aren't I just the most selfish person?"

Same thing with shadows/sins... I cutscene plays, my toon plays with their lightsaber, cutting themselves in the process because they forgot the double-bladed lightsaber has a blade on both sides. It's bothersome but nothing to do about it. I just wonder if devs simply forgot some classes needed a little different cutscenes or if they just waved a hand over it and counted on us thinking it's just a bug.

It's probably because of the shared class story. Like cheaper to program one cutscene with 1 lightsaber than 2 for guardian/sent seperately.

Like troopers who use pistols in cutscenes

Yah, noticed that too.

Btw.: is there a way to change SKIN of that pistol, rather than default one? Like how smuggler/bounty hunter can, same for troopers/agents?

Yah, noticed that too.

Btw.: is there a way to change SKIN of that pistol, rather than default one? Like how smuggler/bounty hunter can, same for troopers/agents?

Not that I know of, because it's not really an equipable gear piece. Like smugglers and BH use pistols so to change which one appears in a cutscene, they change the weapon slot. But troopers use either rifles or cannons (which, like in the case of 2 v 1 lightsabers is the reason I assume cutscene show pistols anyway).

It doesn't make a lot of sense for someone who doesn't regularly dual-wield any weapon to do it "in a pinch." Either it's something you know how to do, and you've trained to do it, and you're good at it... or it would actually make you less effective to wield two weapons.

I really wish there was an option for Troopers/Agents to pick their cosmetic pistol option.