New gearing system

Jaren_Kincaid

I don't get this new gearing system at all. I retro-engineer a green 77 armor or mod, and it gives me a blue level 74? *** is this?

that's just the schem hierarchy. The green 77 makes 274 rating gear and the blue 74 makes 278 rating gear so it is better.

It's also useless because the gear you get from the gearing system is quickly far superior so in short crafting these things is a waste of time and resources. Cybertech is essentially useless in 6.0 because of that.

I don't get this new gearing system at all. I retro-engineer a green 77 armor or mod, and it gives me a blue level 74? *** is this?

The only things worth REing now are augments, and stuff that Biochem makes.

Everything else can be found in drops.

that's just the schem hierarchy. The green 77 makes 274 rating gear and the blue 74 makes 278 rating gear so it is better.

It's also useless because the gear you get from the gearing system is quickly far superior so in short crafting these things is a waste of time and resources. Cybertech is essentially useless in 6.0 because of that.

Which is the biggest fail in the onslaught crafting system.

Who in charge thought it was a great idea to make gearing easier than it has ever been (all bind to legacy, readily obtainable set gear, drops to max rating in easy farm-able content) while at the same time, making crafting more difficult and pointless than ever (ridiculous mat costs, overly convoluted and time consuming materials / attachment additions, ridiculously low RE chances, vast majority of items sub-par to drops and / or orders of magnitude more expensive in costs and time)?

Either no one was in charge at the overall level, or the person in charge is incompetent.

Edited by DawnAskham