Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AOE targeting reticule needs to indicate actual targeted area.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
AOE targeting reticule needs to indicate actual targeted area.

Zunayson
02.12.2012 , 06:58 AM | #21
Yeah, I do sort of agree, but all people need to know is that we're about to launch a ridiculously lagged AoE that's going to do damage. Hopefully you can run out of the way. Personally, when I first saw that, I was like "What the hell? Now they're just gonna run, making Mortar Volley good for nothing but clearing out an area near a turret or door!". The sniper's Orbital Bombardment shows the reticle while he's CASTING it 1.5 seconds BEFORE any damage begins. It grew on me, but by no means must people be so... unintelligent that they can't figure this out. All (Correct me if I'm wrong) AoEs extend 8 - 10 meters from the middle. If you can't figure out the rest.. frankly in my opinion you shouldn't be playing this game.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Jurugar
02.12.2012 , 11:53 AM | #22
A thousand times yes, I hate thinking I'm outside an enemy AOE by the reticule, yet still getting hit by it because you cant tell how far it actually spreads.

Miyakayim
02.12.2012 , 12:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Yeah, I do sort of agree, but all people need to know is that we're about to launch a ridiculously lagged AoE that's going to do damage. Hopefully you can run out of the way. Personally, when I first saw that, I was like "What the hell? Now they're just gonna run, making Mortar Volley good for nothing but clearing out an area near a turret or door!". The sniper's Orbital Bombardment shows the reticle while he's CASTING it 1.5 seconds BEFORE any damage begins. It grew on me, but by no means must people be so... unintelligent that they can't figure this out. All (Correct me if I'm wrong) AoEs extend 8 - 10 meters from the middle. If you can't figure out the rest.. frankly in my opinion you shouldn't be playing this game.
I see what you're saying, but it's not as easy to calculate 8-10 meters in game as it is in real life. Mainly because the game is not proportionate. We dont know how tall our characters are. And roughly guessing they're 1.7-1.9 meters, they're able to jump over other people! Real world physics and distances dont translate too well to in-game, but im okay with that. As it is right now, the AoE targeting is a minor problem for some, but it can be really irritating in some PvP situations. Stealth detection, for example

lazybynature
02.17.2012 , 08:31 AM | #24
pathetic.

you guys want everything served on a plate to you.

why would i use my eyes and brain for a bit when can i have a big red circle on the floor that shows me EXACTLY the area that i AOE.

oh, and also, if you make the circle to point out the whole area, make the AI in game advice me where is the best spot to AOE considering the mobs/players around me. thank you.
lazy by name, lazy by nature.

Puppup
02.17.2012 , 09:17 AM | #25
Too bad you all don't have this wonderful ability to learn from experience like I do.

Mazzeric
02.17.2012 , 09:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by lazybynature View Post
pathetic.

you guys want everything served on a plate to you.

why would i use my eyes and brain for a bit when can i have a big red circle on the floor that shows me EXACTLY the area that i AOE.

oh, and also, if you make the circle to point out the whole area, make the AI in game advice me where is the best spot to AOE considering the mobs/players around me. thank you.
Oh look, it's one of these.

I suppose Bioware should just take out tooltips, too, since the game is telling us too much about our spells! Because the last thing we should know is the range and scope of our abilities, right?

This is a quality of life issue. There is no intended skill challenge here for approximating where your spell will land, I assure you.