Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AOE targeting reticule needs to indicate actual targeted area.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
AOE targeting reticule needs to indicate actual targeted area.

Striges
01.11.2012 , 08:38 PM | #11
I agree wholeheartedly. I'd be satisfied if they left the current reticle as is but added a secondary circle that showed the full range of the AOE. It doesn't have to be huge and ugly-obvious. Just a single glowing line or something. Some kind of indication of the full range of the AOE.

As has been stated, this is an issue for all players, regardless of role.

Thurgrayden
01.11.2012 , 08:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrkLore View Post
Yep Powertech here to back that up for Death from Above. It actually has about a 3 meter wider reach than what the target shows. I'd like to see them change this too. You have to approximate where you put it in large groups and most of the time I hit my mark, but sometimes I miss =/
I echo Darrklore's statement. In spread out groups sometimes I miss one of the mobs with Death from Above.
I don't mean to insult your stupidity. Really, it's quite magnificent and worthy of praise.

tyjedi
01.11.2012 , 11:26 PM | #13
In pve its a pain,but in pvp its nice otherwise everyone will just run out of the circle now they don't know where the actual splash damage hits which makes it hit more targets.

Miyakayim
02.11.2012 , 06:46 PM | #14
This should get attended. While I've gotten good at calculating the real range of my AoE's it shouldnt work like that. It'd be nice that the marker gets changed to show the area that's actually affected by the ability.

Let's hope some devs take notice

SpankyMcFlych
02.11.2012 , 07:43 PM | #15
/sign

Major annoyance to have to guesstimate what the actual area of an AoE is, and I'm sure most noobs don't even realize they usually extend far beyond the reticule till later levels.

Silvaren
02.11.2012 , 08:41 PM | #16
Leave things as they are IMO. I like how it takes some skill (albeit very little) to actually "aim" AoE abilities. There's too much hand-holding in MMOs as it is (tyvm WoW).

Miyakayim
02.11.2012 , 10:26 PM | #17
Im sure there are people who enjoy it and people who find it irritating, but it would still be nice to hear something from someone in charge

Vallowen
02.12.2012 , 05:24 AM | #18
+1

a lot of people wont care. but its incredibly frustrating for stealth classes.

arya_stark
02.12.2012 , 05:51 AM | #19
/signed x 9000

Please do something about this at some point. Also, it seem almost all (smuggler, trooper, consular) abilities have a larger area than the reticule shows.

sillabaa
02.12.2012 , 06:43 AM | #20
This would be an awesome change to see implemented and improve everyone's game experience greatly.