Solution for Companion's crew skill bonuses!

-boi-

I do not think may people like the current set up of how your companion has set crew skill bonuses that you have no input into. I feel forced to do certain crew skills based on the class I want to play.

BUT rather then just coming here with a complaint I have thought of a solution!! :eek::)

Lets use Khem Val for example. He has a 15% eff for Artifice and a 5% eff for Investigation

What if you switched it to 15% eff for Crafting Crew Skill and a 5% for a Mission Crew Skill?

This way its not a blanket bonus for all the crew skills, yet you are giving some flexibility to the player and letting them play the way they WANT to play!

Please flame away OR give me the thumbs up if you like this idea.

Thank you!

If you let efficiency dictate what you choose to do that is your own fault. I can understand critical skill mods to an extent but efficiency just trims off a smidge of the time. The system is set up to sort of gate us from dominating a market niche and the time reduction is really insignificant.

• 2 months later...

Dont think it makes a lot of diff unless ur making a s*itload of item for sale everyday (i do). I dont know what the base crit chance is but ill assume a humble 5% (pretty sure i get abt at least 5% crit with 0 affection comp with no crit chance). With 10k affection + no crit bonus u get 10% (5% aff. + base 5%) crit. 10k aff. + 2% crit bonus + base makes 12%. 10k aff. + 5%crit bonus + base makes 15%. I'll assume that if ppl are complaining of the crit chance they would at least have the comps at 10k affection, so the range is 10 - 15%. I personally find it easier to craft with all 5 comps rather than have 1 comp with the crit bonus do it. Have been observing the craft results of each comps and they made small diff, if any at all (I have all comps at 10k aff, ofc).

PS: Having said that, i wont complain if they gave us more crit chance =)

Edited by lunartic

There are more Star Wars-y ways to introduce customized companions into the game without changing the nature of various characters.

• Give cybertechs the ability to create astromech droids.
    • These droids will have one customization slot that will either make it a combat or crafting companion, depending on what the user wants.
    • Just to be a royal pain, the only affection gifts these droids will accept are tech gifts.

[*]Give each crafting profession the ability to create an object that uses the customization slot.

[*]Give each mission crew skill the chance to find a mission for one other mission crew skill.

[*]Give armstech and biochem the ability to add blaster (offense/defense) and healing customizations.

[*]Give players the ability to have one custom-built astromech at a time.

Basically, I really want a droid companion that I can tinker with and make my own.

Dont think it makes a lot of diff unless ur making a s*itload of item for sale everyday (i do). I dont know what the base crit chance is but ill assume a humble 5% (pretty sure i get abt at least 5% crit with 0 affection comp with no crit chance). With 10k affection + no crit bonus u get 10% (5% aff. + base 5%) crit. 10k aff. + 2% crit bonus + base makes 12%. 10k aff. + 5%crit bonus + base makes 15%. I'll assume that if ppl are complaining of the crit chance they would at least have the comps at 10k affection, so the range is 10 - 15%. I personally find it easier to craft with all 5 comps rather than have 1 comp with the crit bonus do it. Have been observing the craft results of each comps and they made small diff, if any at all (I have all comps at 10k aff, ofc).

PS: Having said that, i wont complain if they gave us more crit chance =)

It was stated in the Dev Q&A that crit chance is based off of difficulty, ie orange missions/schematics have a base 10% crit chance and gray/green/yellow have a 15% crit chance.

This is further modified by companion affection, up to an additional 5% at 10k affection for a total of 15% on orange missions/schems and 20% on all others. Any companion crit bonuses then add +1/+2/+5 percent to their respective skill.

Taking my SW for example, Vette has a +5 crit to Treasure Hunting, so I could get a maximum of 20% crit rate on orange missions, or 25% crit rate on gray/green/yellow ones if I have her affection at 10k.

That being said, I don't actually have TH on my SW. While the droid sensors are a step in the right direction, being able to adjust bonuses to what I actually use rather than the semi-random distribution they are now would be awesome.

Edited by Okolo

I agree, but why not have all crew members start out at 0% and 0%. Once you start using them for a gathering skill or crafting skill their expertise in that skill increases. It would make sense that the more often you do something the better you will get at it.

It was stated in the Dev Q&A that crit chance is based off of difficulty, ie orange missions/schematics have a base 10% crit chance and gray/green/yellow have a 15% crit chance.

This is further modified by companion affection, up to an additional 5% at 10k affection for a total of 15% on orange missions/schems and 20% on all others. Any companion crit bonuses then add +1/+2/+5 percent to their respective skill.

Taking my SW for example, Vette has a +5 crit to Treasure Hunting, so I could get a maximum of 20% crit rate on orange missions, or 25% crit rate on gray/green/yellow ones if I have her affection at 10k.

That being said, I don't actually have TH on my SW. While the droid sensors are a step in the right direction, being able to adjust bonuses to what I actually use rather than the semi-random distribution they are now would be awesome.

Ah kk tks for the clarification. Well that makes the companion crit chance even less valuable then. 15 - 20% vs 20 - 25% on companions with 5%crit chance (even less if it's less than 5%). I dont usually bother with companion crit chance cause it doesnt make a whole lot of diff and i craft with all 5 comps. It's a plus but not a necessity