Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'd love to shake the chap who designed powertech firmly by the throat...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
I'd love to shake the chap who designed powertech firmly by the throat...

crunchybacon
03.15.2012 , 03:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Leyv View Post
both...with the final storyline fight I had to burn one down and die..and the ilum one I ended up giving up and running past to die..

I guess its a shocker as leveling and up to the point of hitting 50 the class felt versitile , strong and generally gosh damned awesome to play...then It suddenly went to heck...

the idea of grappling them away is good though so thank you ...im so used to rocket jumping in and aoeing as a tank it got ingrained
gear is definatly an issue but thats why im trying to start doing dalies on him

guess i'll have to kit out gault then....remind me does torian use electrostaff or is he amoung the techblade shunned?
Try the Pyro tree with Mako healing if you want to do pure dps. I beat that final storyline fight with 2 healers super easy. Didn't bother cc'ing, just burst one down through it's partners heals.

CrunkShizzle
03.15.2012 , 04:16 PM | #12
Quote:
and excellent dps.
a class that has 1 viable dps tree i dont really consider excellent dps

but i dont know,powertechs look kinda fun

Agooz
03.15.2012 , 04:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
a class that has 1 viable dps tree i dont really consider excellent dps

but i dont know,powertechs look kinda fun
Since you arent playing one, I suggest you bring one to 50 then revisit this statement. Just be warned, you might never return to your other toon.

Yes we have one viable dps tree that offers excellent damage comparable to any other AC in their best respective dps spec. But that tree also allows for what I consider the best hybrid spec of all classes.

Furthermore having 2 dps trees is the concept of any class, one would be geared more towards pvp and the other pve. With PTs, pyro serves both purposes very well.

frmorrison
03.15.2012 , 06:22 PM | #14
Regarding fighting healers, you have the interrupt, then you can use Harpoon for another interrupt (you need to back up), and then the stun.

Or just spec dps, then healers are easy.

HumanSheild
03.16.2012 , 02:23 AM | #15
ok a little melodramatic but It jumped in my head and made you curious enough to read this

I am concerned though...

Ive left off playing my powertech for a while as I had a really bad experiance on the final storyquest then trying to do quests on Ilum..

I would love to get some kind of response about exactly how they tested us in pve...

as Shield tech its a nightmare to fight any kind of healing capable mob , sure we can interupt...but not nearly often enough.

thinking "hey its just me I probably suck" I switched to the middle tree for dps instead believing that a boost in paingiving would sort it out....and its easier..but still a blasted annoying fight....

but..the thing that really made me think whoever tested bounty hunter played a merc....

If you get two silver healing capable mobs toogether , give up...

I tried for 15 minutes (no exageration) with mako healing me and couldnt kill either of them...

Interupt one mob....the other heals him....stun the bugger and hit all cd's for burst dps...they heal ...

I tried it with Blizz.....pretty much the same (only I died faster)

It could just be me..but my "main" is a commando and when getting to the republic version of these fights...."yeah whatever CC! ...splat...splat " nowhere near as difficult, even lacking the interupt ...

anyone got any tips ? I'd love to start playing him again but its such a downer feeling when you face this sort of thing...

*edit* im reading pyrotech might be the best option for dps...id prefer to tank but yeah..gotta get geared
you just suck as a player period.. I stoped reading with your term shield tech. Powertech tanks has 3 interupts. Not going to list them since you are an elite player and should know better. If you are tank spec you should be taking very little damage period when questing.

Leyv
03.16.2012 , 03:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HumanSheild View Post
you just suck as a player period.. I stoped reading with your term shield tech. Powertech tanks has 3 interupts. Not going to list them since you are an elite player and should know better. If you are tank spec you should be taking very little damage period when questing.
maybe you should have read on then?..that way you wouldnt have missed the entire point of the thread and made yourself look like less of an idiot?..

interupts are little use when theres 2 people healing as you can only generally interupt one of them ..but since people were kind enough to give handy suggestions on how to defeat the fight's earlier in the thread (which worked nicely thank you) i'm just going to ignore your rather pointless comments and let you get back to being uber in your own little world

*sighs* I hate these forums sometimes...you get helpful people and then you get trolls..

its like dipping your toe into a stream..sometimes its spring water..sometimes like the above post its sewerage.

AetherMcLoud
03.16.2012 , 05:44 AM | #17
as Shield tech its a nightmare to fight any kind of healing capable mob , sure we can interupt...but not nearly often enough.
Stopped reading there. As shield tech you have the following interrupts:

Quell - 8/6 seconds cd
Jet Charge - 15 seconds cd
Grapple - 45/30 seconds cd
Electro Dart - 60/50 seconds cd
Carbonize - 45 seconds cd

More than enough interrupts for everything. If you really want to you can have another one with Mako's carbonize stream.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Razuko
03.16.2012 , 10:27 AM | #18
Shieldtech should never need anything other than mako. She can dps, heal, and cc on the fly. Most of the time you don't even have to think about the fight. Blizz is awesome but not meant for a tank player.
Die Republic Scum! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!

blackhumbug
03.16.2012 , 11:09 AM | #19
leveled exclusively as ST with mako. no issues ever. of course many combinations are viable.

the supreme guard healers, i had her cc one, and burned/interrupted the other myself. very easy. of course the first 2 attempts i just tried to bull my way through it and got frustrated. quell, the dart stun, back up a few steps and jet charge, etc.
whats inside?

Noollig
03.16.2012 , 11:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
I am thoroughly depressed only Repubs get Cunning guns on the vendors and mako gets shafted as well
You can re-mod the BH pistols with cunning mods for Mako. It takes a little more work, but you typically can get her a fully moddable weapon pretty quick.