Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Prototype is a joke right?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Advanced Prototype is a joke right?

oceansofmars
03.14.2012 , 01:57 AM | #1
This tree is so horribly bad and clunky feeling. The fact that it uses flamethrower which is a channeled spell on a melee class that isnt tanking ia nuts. fix it!
Get Rich Or Die Trying

oceansofmars
03.14.2012 , 02:01 AM | #2
People are just running through my flame thrower and it wont eve hurt them. Its really badly desig.ed.
Get Rich Or Die Trying

Theology
03.14.2012 , 02:28 AM | #3
Hopefully with 1.2 They redesign this tree along with the Arsenal tree.

Sevvy
03.14.2012 , 07:50 AM | #4
A perk of being Advanced Prototype spec SHOULD be that you can use Flamethrower on the move. That would make that spec so much cooler. o_O
Lag *** Powertech *** Helm of Graush
Sevv *** Sentinel *** Helm of Graush
<Hutts Don't Have Feet>

Umpire
03.14.2012 , 09:07 AM | #5
yes, this spec is a joke.
The F_Swag Stream. High Caliber PVP and PVE.
[Fancy] Swag, The Turks | Powertech | Jedi Covenant

DamienHelzcoming
03.14.2012 , 09:18 AM | #6
I personally love this tree. It feels good and I do great damage.

Agooz
03.14.2012 , 10:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DamienHelzcoming View Post
I personally love this tree. It feels good and I do great damage.
LOL....

Ok the tree IS horrible, period. Every time someone raves about this tree can only mean one thing; they really dont know much about the class. I am not trying to make fun or insult, but it truly is what it is.
It is said, because everyone was really excited about it at first. It is supposed to be our PvP spec. I really hope they revamp it for it to really be that. I think it would create a very new experience and role for a PT.

italky
03.14.2012 , 11:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Agooz View Post
LOL....

Ok the tree IS horrible, period. Every time someone raves about this tree can only mean one thing; they really dont know much about the class. I am not trying to make fun or insult, but it truly is what it is.
It is said, because everyone was really excited about it at first. It is supposed to be our PvP spec. I really hope they revamp it for it to really be that. I think it would create a very new experience and role for a PT.
OR they just like the tree for their own reasons , dont like it ? too bad maybe?
Closed Beta Tester , well was =P
For Trolls : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU
http://swtorrc.tumblr.com/post/63573...-erickson-fact
Commando/CH -- Italky of Corbantis.

Agooz
03.14.2012 , 11:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by italky View Post
OR they just like the tree for their own reasons , dont like it ? too bad maybe?
Yea and maybe someone would also like to run naked in a WZ and dance at the objective thinking a distraction would win the game. Who am I to say that's not a good strategy. lol

We are not talking preference or playstyle here. You have quite a few choices as a PT actually, but deep AP spec is not one of them. Unless you enjoy gimping yourself completely, that's another story.

italky
03.14.2012 , 11:32 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Agooz View Post
Yea and maybe someone would also like to run naked in a WZ and dance at the objective thinking a distraction would win the game. Who am I to say that's not a good strategy. lol

We are not talking preference or playstyle here. You have quite a few choices as a PT actually, but deep AP spec is not one of them. Unless you enjoy gimping yourself completely, that's another story.
As I said , people can play how the hell they want. And it is down to preference and playstyle , some people don't want the ZOMG ROLL MY FACE OVER THE KEYBOARD AND WIN feeling. Some people do some people don't . Preference buddy.
Closed Beta Tester , well was =P
For Trolls : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU
http://swtorrc.tumblr.com/post/63573...-erickson-fact
Commando/CH -- Italky of Corbantis.