To developers

DarthBlackAngel

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??? Why in the hell do you do the crew skill the stupid *** way you do them? Archeology has a good majority of missions and nodes for color crystals, when as far as i know you havent added any color crystals in Artifice since what launch? Also what is wrong with you on the Treasure Hunting? I was told that TH missions of wealthy drop Midlithe Crystals and those are from slicing to get the schematics, wht the hell is the point??? Treasure Hunting is for GEMS... give me the gems i need for on a chance of regular missions also why make specific crew skills that need 2 specific other crew skills for when you dont plan on giving us the materials we need to level it. Also so speaking of leveling you give us all these comms and let us keep our comms and give us 6 sets of gear while leveling up so why even have Crew Skills in the game thinks like Artifice, wheer you make Mods and Hilts that you dont need to make because all the gear is provided????? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAINS??? Edited by DarthBlackAngel

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??? Why in the hell do you do the crew skill the stupid *** way you do them? Archeology has a good majority of missions and nodes for color crystals, when as far as i know you havent added any color crystals in Artifice since what launch? Also what is wrong with you on the Treasure Hunting? I was told that TH missions of wealthy drop Midlithe Crystals and those are from slicing to get the schematics, wht the hell is the point??? Treasure Hunting is for GEMS... give me the gems i need for on a chance of regular missions also why make specific crew skills that need 2 specific other crew skills for when you dont plan on giving us the materials we need to level it. Also so speaking of leveling you give us all these comms and let us keep our comms and give us 6 sets of gear while leveling up so why even have Crew Skills in the game thinks like Artifice, wheer you make Mods and Hilts that you dont need to make because all the gear is provided????? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAINS???

OK first, now that you have gotten that off your chest....breathe.

Now that we are calm let's look at each issue one at a time:

Archaeology and color crystals: while weapon color crystals have not advanced in some time, dye modules have and they use arch color crystals. that being said, those dye modules do require TH materials as well

which leads into TH materials: If I am reading what you wrote correctly, you believe that TH purple materials ONLY come from discovered missions that ONLY come through slicing. This is incorrect. TH Rich gemstone and Bountiful gemstone missions can generate the Midlithe Crystals you are looking for, but only on a critical success. That being said, there has been some speculation that the crit rates are lower than they used to be. But with large enough samples you will find this to be incorrect (and when I say large samples I am not talking about 30 or 50 or even 100 missions run. I am talking about at least several hundred missions run).

Edit: I have been corrected. Many if not most crafted items are superior to basic comms so that is why crafting is useful.

Edited by psandak

With regard to the amount of basic comms provided by questing, at level 55 through 59 the best basic comms can offer is rating 172. OTOH crafting can produce rating 186 that can be used in that range. Only at level 60 can you get gear from basic comms that is better than crafted.

The Basic Comm gear is not better than crafted 186s -- a few pieces are equal (armorings, mods, off-hand hilts and barrels), but the enhancements, earpieces, and implants are worse (higher endurance, lower secondary stats), and relics and main-hand hilts and barrels are not even available.

Edited by eartharioch

The Basic Comm gear is not better than crafted 186s -- a few pieces are equal (armorings, mods, off-hand hilts and barrels), but the enhancements, earpieces, and implants are worse (higher endurance, lower secondary stats), and relics and main-hand hilts and barrels are not even available.

so it's a mixed bag

Edited by psandak

so it's a mixed bag

Not really, crafted 186s are the clear winner. They are cheaper than Basic Comm gear*, the stats are either better or the same, you have full choice in what stats you want to put in which pieces, and you can start wearing it between levels 55 and 58, so you should be ready for end game content the second you hit level 60. As a bonus, since there is nothing worth waiting for at the Basic Comm vendor, you can don't have to save up Comms (or even worse, level to 60 and lose all any earned Basic Comms if you were over the cap due to Comm conversion).

*You can buy stuff with Basic Comms before level 60 and sell it for more than crafted purples cost on the GTN, and if you can craft for yourself, it's significantly cheaper.

Edited by eartharioch

Not really, crafted 186s are the clear winner. They are cheaper than Basic Comm gear*, the stats are either better or the same, you have full choice in what stats you want to put in which pieces, and you can start wearing it between levels 55 and 58, so you should be ready for end game content the second you hit level 60. As a bonus, since there is nothing worth waiting for at the Basic Comm vendor, you can don't have to save up Comms (or even worse, level to 60 and lose all any earned Basic Comms if you were over the cap due to Comm conversion).

*You can buy stuff with Basic Comms before level 60 and sell it for more than crafted purples cost on the GTN, and if you can craft for yourself, it's significantly cheaper.

Not the point of the thread and you are picking nits.

Not the point of the thread and you are picking nits.

It's not exactly nitpicking. When you said this:

Only at level 60 can you get gear from basic comms that is better than crafted.

eartharioch was explaining how that statement isn't really accurate.

I think that it's good for players to know that crafted 186 gear is (for the most part) superior to comms gear -- it will help them plan their gearing strategy.

Do note that Shadow / Assassin tank implants and earpieces are better with comms gear -- mainly because of the +surge or +accuracy on the crafted ones.

Edited by Khevar

It's not exactly nitpicking. When you said this:

eartharioch was explaining how that statement isn't really accurate.

I think that it's good for players to know that crafted 186 gear is (for the most part) superior to comms gear -- it will help them plan their gearing strategy.

Do note that Shadow / Assassin tank implants and earpieces are better with comms gear -- mainly because of the +surge or +accuracy on the crafted ones.

OK I was wrong. But your last statement proves my last point of being a mixed bag. Neither is 100% superior to the other. Not to mention the OP is talking about Artifice, arch and its abundance of color crystals without an apparent use, and TH and the lack of purple materials "that can only be obtained through slicing."

OK I was wrong. But your last statement proves my last point of being a mixed bag. Neither is 100% superior to the other. Not to mention the OP is talking about Artifice, arch and its abundance of color crystals without an apparent use, and TH and the lack of purple materials "that can only be obtained through slicing."

1) It's not a mixed bag, crafted 186s are in all ways superior to Basic Comms, with the exception of a few items that appear to be bugged. If you play SI or JC, you're screwed because of bugs, not the system itself. Other than Armorings and Mods, crafted 186s are better than what you can get on the Basic Comm vendor (and the Basic Comm vendor doesn't even sell items for all slots). The two items where the Basic Comm vendor sells items with equal stats are still inferior (in other ways) to crafted 186s -- crafted armorings and mods can be used at level 58, as opposed to level 60; crafted armorings and mods are made/bought a'la'carte, as opposed to Basic Comm items having the armoring tied to a specific slot and coming with a limited selection of mod (and, depending on the piece, non-BIS enhancement); crafted 186s can be obtained by self-crafting (cheap), trade, or purchase off the GTN, as opposed to requiring a limited resource (Comms) which could otherwise be used to purchase items that can be sold for more than the cost of the crafted versions.

2) In addition to complaining about the [i-op's-o] overabundance of color crystals, the OP complained about how useless Comms were:

Also so speaking of leveling you give us all these comms and let us keep our comms and give us 6 sets of gear while leveling up so why even have Crew Skills in the game thinks like Artifice, wheer you make Mods and Hilts that you dont need to make because all the gear is provided?

I am disagreeing with the complaint in the OP that crafted gear is pointless because we get free gear while leveling and can then buy Comm gear when we hit level 60. The gear obtained while leveling is inferior to the crafted 186s which can be obtained while leveling, and the crafted gear you can obtain while leveling is better than the gear you can buy with [basic] comms.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sound hostile, I think my points are both valid and relevant to the OP's initial post. I'm quite happy that BW made crafted gear BiS for the entry-level endgame, as it makes it easier to get a character up and ready for endgame, especially for characters that leveled up during 12x XP (and thus may not have a lot of Basic Comms).

Edited by eartharioch