What are the two BiS Relics for pve telekinetics sages with 1.5?

tukitos

So I'm trying to figure what the two BiS relics for tk sages in pve are? I actually had 3 in mind and I cant decide which 2 I should use. I know that willpower is the most important attribute for us. So I was thinking matrix cube should definitely be used because it gives +66 willpower and +27 crit rating. The other two I have in mind are the dread guard relic of dark radiance and war hero relic of boundless ages. dread guard relics proc rate is %30 and hits for 210 internal damage and it gives a static +47 power. But the war hero(I know war heroes are actually for pvp) gives a static +113 power which sounds really good to me. I would appreciate it if yall can help me decide.

by the way i dont like the relics that gives extra power when you use them. I keep forgetting to put them in my rotation and dps goes down because of it. if i use a dread guard it should be one with proc rating.

Of the 3 use the Dread Guard proc and War Hero power. 66 Willpower isn't anything compared to 47 power + proc every 4.5 seconds or 113 power.

to be honest i never thought about it like that. i always thought if willpower is an option go with that.

ok so let me ask this, do u think i should go with 2 war heroes or do 1 dread guard and 1 war hero?

Its on use and proc Dread guard relics, you dont have to pvp anymore

You don't have to but probably still should. There are fights that require more burst - and in that case on use relic is better. When there isn't much need for burst and there is a lot of interrupted casts, WH is better for sustainability.

You don't have to but probably still should. There are fights that require more burst - and in that case on use relic is better. When there isn't much need for burst and there is a lot of interrupted casts, WH is better for sustainability.

Which fights would that be? I'd rather use a DG on-use for every fight in the new content (EC NiM + TFB HM), sure there are some like the last boss in TFB where you have to stop a lot, but the enrage is ridiculously easy there and I'd rather have the cooldown for the last 15%. Having the on-use burst and the overall higher damage is much better.

Which fights would that be? I'd rather use a DG on-use for every fight in the new content (EC NiM + TFB HM), sure there are some like the last boss in TFB where you have to stop a lot, but the enrage is ridiculously easy there and I'd rather have the cooldown for the last 15%. Having the on-use burst and the overall higher damage is much better.

EV: XRR-3 (soft enrage at end - but it really isnt necessary with current gear levels), Soa (questionable, you can only use the power relic on one, maybe two of his shield break phases so sustained on 4 is probably better than popping it on 1).

KP: Gv-B3 Heavy fab (you can prob hit it on every other burn, depending on how your raid is doing this fight since it can be accomplished in multiple ways)

EC: Tanks (I am only putting this on here for Nightmare, since if you can time with inspirations [if you have 2+], it would probably be better -- for any other mode it is unlikely an on-use is better), Kephess (purely for the warstrider and the last burns on kephess)

TFB: Kephess (use here is obvious), TFB (there is a large enough downtime between certain phases and enough static points where on-use is probably better than a sustained - definitely on the last 15% burn)

I'll also note that I was speaking in general - best case scenario is you have your WH, your on-use, and your proc and you can use them in each scenario that is best suited. With only 4 or so fights out of 19 better with on-use, I'd prob go for sustained.

Edited by Nibbon

EV: XRR-3 (soft enrage at end - but it really isnt necessary with current gear levels), Soa (questionable, you can only use the power relic on one, maybe two of his shield break phases so sustained on 4 is probably better than popping it on 1).

KP: Gv-B3 Heavy fab (you can prob hit it on every other burn, depending on how your raid is doing this fight since it can be accomplished in multiple ways)

EC: Tanks (I am only putting this on here for Nightmare, since if you can time with inspirations [if you have 2+], it would probably be better -- for any other mode it is unlikely an on-use is better), Kephess (purely for the warstrider and the last burns on kephess)

TFB: Kephess (use here is obvious), TFB (there is a large enough downtime between certain phases and enough static points where on-use is probably better than a sustained - definitely on the last 15% burn)

I'll also note that I was speaking in general - best case scenario is you have your WH, your on-use, and your proc and you can use them in each scenario that is best suited. With only 4 or so fights out of 19 better with on-use, I'd prob go for sustained.

The on-use gives more damage sustained too, you are only losing damage when you don't activate it when it is ready or if you can't attack for a majority of the activation, which on the fights where that will happen there are parts which need more burst which make it worthwhile still. There isn't a single fight in the new content I wouldn't bring it to.

The on-use gives more damage sustained too, you are only losing damage when you don't activate it when it is ready or if you can't attack for a majority of the activation, which on the fights where that will happen there are parts which need more burst which make it worthwhile still. There isn't a single fight in the new content I wouldn't bring it to.

I suppose - I believe the on-use works out to 134.5 power if you managed to pop it exactly every 2 minutes (350/4+47). WH is 113 and the newer one is going to be 120. So it is a gain in power of approx 21.5-14.5. Rule of thumb says power is .23 DPS so that is 4.945-3.335 DPS. Again, this means you are successfully hitting it every 2 minutes exactly. So if you are at a utilization rate of approximately 20.86% you have a higher sustained DPS. A Utilization rate of 20.86% means that if you click the relic immediately to start the fight - you have 143.84 seconds to click it again before its DPS is lower.

Note: I hadn't run the math, so you are probably correct here.

I'll also note that I don't have an extra 300 daily comms right now - and given the choice of the click relic and the proc relic, as a balance sage, proc is better.

Again - both have 47 power so you have 87.5 power on perfect utilization vs 210 internal damage (bypasses armor) every 6 seconds. 87.5 X .23 = 20.125 DPS. 210/6 = 35. So proc is a clear 15 DPS over on-use.

If you can afford both, get both, though.