Mara/Sent = foam light saber

Cusa

This class is a complete failure, any other class will do better in any circonstances, damage, mobility, survivability....

Since the beginning force camouflage is USELESS, in any situation, and now, Mad dash is a joke.

This class is garbage, dont waste your time with it,.

the light saber of Mara are foam or hot air made, spamming like crazy to get so weak results....

Well hes right, force camouflage is useless, use it and then wait 2 mins for combat to wear off. Simply garbage ability. While other classes have active and passive heals this class has none. DMG should be buffed by 50% so at least ppl would fear mara/sent.

Saddly now its the time for merc, pt/vg, and op/smug.

Well hes right, force camouflage is useless, use it and then wait 2 mins for combat to wear off. Simply garbage ability. While other classes have active and passive heals this class has none. DMG should be buffed by 50% so at least ppl would fear mara/sent.

Saddly now its the time for merc, pt/vg, and op/smug.

They do you have a passive heal, but you have to spec it and it's in the master group. Force camo is not useless if you spec it to also be a purge.

The general "problem" with sent/mara is that their utilities are poorly factored. You are virtually forced to spend 1 point on making pred castable and then one to make it remove movement impairing effects. If Along with other required utilities, it makes taking the passive heal impractical.

Solving the problem would be easy: make pred remove all movement impairing effects & be 30-second castable out of the box without requiring utility points freeing up those other two points.

Thanks for the answers and commentaries,

I agree on the last remarks of StrikePrice, made predation on a 30 sec cd and cleaning movt impairing effects a basic would be a first good step. What i think is that the defense rate of the marauder should be basic 10 or 15%, wearing two light sabers should be for something! Other thing is that we could add a 0-30 meter range to the two force charge utility, like it was at the very beginning of the annihilation marauder.

Edited by Cusa

• 2 weeks later...

Camo is very far from useless in PvE, it's actually one of the best abilities in the entire game because it's so flexible.

It's just you PvPing crybabies don't care about that but even granted that, mara defenses are sure weaker than sniper ones but still far, far from useless.

And it also sounds like the OP tried to play carnage going by "spamming like crazy to get so weak results" in which case no ****, it's garbage atm.

Edited by Lodinn

Disagree. It's one of the strongest classes out there, and one of my favourites.

It has a lot of tactical options with the niche cooldowns (with relatively short cooldowns), some of which become really powerful with the right talents.

• 2 weeks later...
I started playing this game at launch and quit playing after SOR. Was a Mara main the entire time.

I returned for Onslaught and quickly realized Mara's have become a sad, pathetic joke .

They're not strong, that's a certainty. Burst does not mean what it used to mean, and Combat has lackluster "burst" at the moment.

• 3 months later...
I started playing this game at launch and quit playing after SOR. Was a Mara main the entire time.

I returned for Onslaught and quickly realized Mara's have become a sad, pathetic joke .

warriors in general are trash these days...they haven't recieved love in years.

No discipline is trash in PvE in 6.x game. Some are better at some things and others are better at other things. As always.

I take a Concentration Sentinel through Ops regularly (most recently VotMG) with up to 13k DPS in scaled content.

Gear + Knowledge + Skill + Practice = Win

• 3 weeks later...
It's just you PvPing crybabies don't care about that but even granted that, mara defenses are sure weaker than sniper ones but still far, far from useless.

:rolleyes:

And it also sounds like the OP tried to play carnage going by "spamming like crazy to get so weak results" in which case no ****, it's garbage atm.

:cool:

Mara/Sent is a massively strong class, assuming two/three things.

First, your opponents have to stay within melee range for you to do anything to them.. sure, you can run around and keep them from doing anything useful, but that was only fun when we were children playing kiss-chase with a girl running around a tree.

Second, your opponents have to fail to realise that you are a glass cannon - high damage output, but squishy, so you are probably the secondary focus target after a healer (maybe the primary if you are disruptive enough to their team cohesiveness).

And finally, you need to know how to maximize the value of your class - the rotation is part of it, but I would say the larger parts are situational awareness and knowing which enemies you should target and when, plus which you should avoid (hint, don't mindlessly spam a high burst damage rotation on a tank who has just popped their DCDs, as I always seem to do).

Mara/Sent is one of those classes that is incredibly skill-dependent. Several other classes can do well even if you just mindlessly faceroll through a rotation without thinking. Mara/Sent will be just plain bad if you try that.

• 3 weeks later...
This class is a complete failure, any other class will do better in any circonstances, damage, mobility, survivability....

Since the beginning force camouflage is USELESS, in any situation, and now, Mad dash is a joke.

This class is garbage, dont waste your time with it,.

the light saber of Mara are foam or hot air made, spamming like crazy to get so weak results....

This is exactly why devs don't even look at the forums anymore... Dumb and useless complaints like this.

Mara/Sent is a massively strong class, assuming two/three things.

First, your opponents have to stay within melee range for you to do anything to them.. sure, you can run around and keep them from doing anything useful, but that was only fun when we were children playing kiss-chase with a girl running around a tree.

Second, your opponents have to fail to realise that you are a glass cannon - high damage output, but squishy, so you are probably the secondary focus target after a healer (maybe the primary if you are disruptive enough to their team cohesiveness).

And finally, you need to know how to maximize the value of your class - the rotation is part of it, but I would say the larger parts are situational awareness and knowing which enemies you should target and when, plus which you should avoid (hint, don't mindlessly spam a high burst damage rotation on a tank who has just popped their DCDs, as I always seem to do).

Mara/Sent is one of those classes that is incredibly skill-dependent. Several other classes can do well even if you just mindlessly faceroll through a rotation without thinking. Mara/Sent will be just plain bad if you try that.

Disagree. It WAS a massively strong class. Burst is mediocre at best. Sustained damage is...okay, but that's for PvE. In PvP burst is preferable. It is a shadow of what it used to be. TTK is way too long anyway, but that is another matter.

There is no rotation. SWTOR has a priority system in place. There is no sequence of abilities that can be endlessly and immutably executed. There are openers, some of them very long, but it is a priority system.

I would say the biggest problem with Sent/Mar in PvP is ping issues. If you don't have a low steady ping your opponent can simply walk out of range of your abilities. Which is annoying.

As for the burst, just wait till you see someone lower then half hp. Jump on them and do 100k+ in less then 2 globals.

Force Camo is very good. If you know how to use it. And becomes really good if you buff it up.

• 1 month later...

Fury Mara is one of the stronger burst classes out there. Annihilation Mara is one of the highest parsing classes in the game, and has enough damage and utility to be welcome in literally any Op. Carnage Mara is...good enough in PvE, but it is made massively irrelevant by the other two specs. The problem is that people are so used to the kind of insane, overclocked burst that comes from classes like AP Powertech and Concealment Operative, that the lower but more consistent style of Mara/Sentinel looks awful in comparison. As many people have said, it’s a L2P issue, through and through. I’ve cleared the entire game on a Fury Mara, and at no point have I ever felt that I wasn’t strong enough.

As for Camouflage, anyone who thinks it isn’t useful to be able to stealth past a bunch of adds, or to stealth out in PvP has an opinion like a broken calculator...it doesn’t add up or count.

Compared to other classes (I play them all) Mara/Sent is hands down the hardest to play and master. You need to be constantly paying attention to each cooldown. Missing timings or getting timings out of order can get you killed especially in PVP. That's why you see so many Jug/Guard players since they are face roll easy to play and have so much more utility in pub matches especially huttball. Sent/Mara is just mainly a hit and run spec in pubs. Really only viable with a good team of support players behind or in a 1v1 situation.

Fury Mara is one of the stronger burst classes out there. Annihilation Mara is one of the highest parsing classes in the game, and has enough damage and utility to be welcome in literally any Op. Carnage Mara is...good enough in PvE, but it is made massively irrelevant by the other two specs

Okay, with you so far....except:

The problem is that people are so used to the kind of insane, overclocked burst that comes from classes like AP Powertech and Concealment Operative, that the lower but more consistent style of Mara/Sentinel looks awful in comparison

That makes sense too. It's what people have been complaining about for awhile.

As many people have said, it’s a L2P issue, through and through. I’ve cleared the entire game on a Fury Mara, and at no point have I ever felt that I wasn’t strong enough.

So...wait. I guess we're on the "good enough" train? And are the above comments in regard to PvE, PvP, or both?

If they're in ANY way directed at PvP play:

The problem is that people are so used to the kind of insane, overclocked burst that comes from classes like AP Powertech and Concealment Operative...

...and it IS a problem. Either they need to be nerfed ("insane, overclocked burst..." remember?) or Sentinel needs to be buffed for PvP because burst is preferable to for killing in PvP.

As for PvE, yeah, you're right. Sentinel is not in a bad place, but it could still use buffs and NOT be out of line with the overperforming classes/specs.