Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

sankalp
12.25.2011 , 06:19 PM | #111
Pffft Light Side SI my ***. Sidious would be turning in his grave.

From the storylines of Revan etc, there are only a few ways of turning a jedi towards the dark side.

1) the Jedi "Confronts" the dark lord and gets turned. I.E. gets beaten and realizes the power of the dark side, wants it and turns dark.

2) The jedi is subjected to torture and agrees to join the dark side. Eg. Bastilla Shaan

3) Is so full of rage(showing dark tendencies) and wants the dark side for something. Eg. Anakin wanting to save Padme.

As non of this is happening, I dont think we would be able to turn our "ohh I wanna be sith but love jedi" apprentice over yet. I am still a long way away but when I get to it, I will try and be as bad to her as I am to everyone else and see what happens. I am a 100% dark Sith so who knows.

Siculus
12.25.2011 , 11:29 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaielx View Post
Gonna throw my support in as well, big time
same here. ant have our only LI be some light side Jedi crybaby. tried her out for a little but most of the things she says are about the Jedi or wanting to not be with he sith its a little weird having her even with me on my ship. i am fine if we have to get her affection up high to do it or have some quest or sometime just want it in there like SW have.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

JJDrakken
12.26.2011 , 01:04 AM | #113
Sith Warriors can turn their Apprentice, why can't we? That's our job in the first place!!

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

lokdron
12.26.2011 , 01:10 AM | #114
I have to say after reaching level 50 all the hype about the sith inquisitor being manipulator and all those other things is simply FALSE. The sith inquisitor is nothing like darth sidious in their story darth sidious would turn in his grave if read the script or played the story of the sith inquisitor.

You work so hard to make it seem that she will fall to the dark side and yet nothing happens? She stays on a sith ship and I am personally SHOCKED, SHOCKED that there is not attempt to convert her to the dark side. Both male and female sith warriors corrupt so many force users in their story HELL on nar shadaa the sith warrior can even brag about how they corrupt padawans and force users and murder jedi knights and masters.

Lets not forget that the sith warrior getting far more dark side points I had 2200 AT LEVEL 14 with my sith warrior my sith inqusistor did not even hit dark 2 until balmorra and thats with grinding black talon with my inquisitor to hit dark 1. Personally I think the sith inquisitor just had a rubbish writer and simply looked at wookiepedia and glanced the movies when writing the story. After playing the sith warrior story to level 24 and watching my bro play his sith warrior to 35 and seeing the end of act 1 for sith warrior i wonder what simply happend when bioware was writing the sith inquisitor.

Lets not forget we get a bugged title and that said title works for sith warrior and it was just given recently to them.

Darth_Vampirius
12.26.2011 , 04:12 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Pffft Light Side SI my ***. Sidious would be turning in his grave.

From the storylines of Revan etc, there are only a few ways of turning a jedi towards the dark side.

1) the Jedi "Confronts" the dark lord and gets turned. I.E. gets beaten and realizes the power of the dark side, wants it and turns dark.
Spoiler
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

Hokonoso
12.26.2011 , 07:30 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Chackey View Post
We had a similar thread on the Beta forums and I'm sure many with me still think it's a sad part that our only Apprentice is not turnable to the dark side.

Running around with a Lightside crybaby when you are "Darkside 5" yourself is annoying and laughable, hardly think it's fair. Either give us an option what side she will belong to or make her turnable in some way.

Maybe that she gains Darkside points the same time we do? (Perhaps at a lower rate?)
im darkside 5 and she is my main companion, had no problem getting her to 10,000 affection, those -81s really sucked however...
What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
--Nom Anor

Hosty
12.27.2011 , 02:15 AM | #117
I feel betrayed by the fact that we can not corrupt our own apprentice.

PatchesOfPlenox
12.27.2011 , 02:39 AM | #118
That's okay, if I need a booty call I'll hit up Darth Lachris again until I can convert her.
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Viian
12.27.2011 , 09:57 AM | #119
I'm going to have to agree here, its kinda tough to choose the options you want in the convos when your always taking hits to her affection.

Also, you want a companion that follows your ways of teaching, I think it would fit better.

KelricAlpha
12.27.2011 , 12:50 PM | #120
The story really sets up to turn her but it fails at going anywhere. Very disappointing finish to that companion. I would like to see this get bumped in priority. No it is not game breaking but when your when one of your pillars is story telling and the story fails to fit the nature of the class then it fails and should be a priority.