Quite a serious bug, a only on Empire side (not its mirror Sage)

lovefool

So I gave it some time to be fixed and didn't think it was that necessary to report this as I though the devs would surely notice but it seems I have been mistaken.

There is a bug with the Sith inquisitor, that seems to only affect inquisitors and not sages, either way that bug gives an unfair advantage to the class and more interestingly it only affects one advanced class and not its mirror on the republic side.

The talent in the lightning tree, something Effusion I believe its called, a talent that grants your next 2 damaging abilities a force reduction of 75% and a charge is consumed upon cast. Well on the Sith inquisitor (and only the inquisitor and not the sage) the same Effusion affects the healing spells of the inquisitor as well with one exception, the charges don't get consumed by healing spells.

In other words, SI that get the Effusion proc, can cast all heals for literally no force cost for as long as those charges don't run out via time and not consumption. This gives inquisitors a very unfair advantage by being able to heal themselves up at literally no force cost what so ever (providing the Effusion procs, which it does almost all the time) and it needs to be fixed.

I have a sith inquisitor, otherwise I wouldn't noticed the bug so no need for "omg you hate our class hater".

This needs to get fixed asap.

So I gave it some time to be fixed and didn't think it was that necessary to report this

snip

This needs to get fixed asap.

Does not compute.

What do you think the bug report feature is for if not to tell them of bugs. Sitting on your hands and expecting them to know about every possible bug isn't going to help anyone. From the second half of your first sentence I would expect it to be something that anyone with eyes would notice upon logging in, not what appears to be an edge case bug.

Just an FYI for the future, there is a new Bug Reports section for this.

All that said, good catch, it sounds like it could be exploited for crazy free heals. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Does not compute.

What do you think the bug report feature is for if not to tell them of bugs. Sitting on your hands and expecting them to know about every possible bug isn't going to help anyone. From the second half of your first sentence I would expect it to be something that anyone with eyes would notice upon logging in, not what appears to be an edge case bug.

Just an FYI for the future, there is a new Bug Reports section for this.

All that said, good catch, it sounds like it could be exploited for crazy free heals. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I found about this bug when I was levelling that character and it didn't seem to me, at first, that it would be harming anyone since it help me level.

But then I duelled with a friend for fun and realised its potential and the harm it can do in pvp ( I am not a pvper mind you) and that is when I saw it as something that needed to be addressed.

• Dev Post

Hi lovefool,

This mirror imbalance is a bug, and we've got it fixed in Game Update 2.1.1 such that Lightning Effusion will correctly affect only Force attacks rather than all Force abilities. If the intended patch changes, I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you!

~Amber

So you would rather keep quiet about a bug that is in your favor ?

To me that would be the prime definition of an exploit... deliberate and knowinginly taking advantage of a failing game mechanic.

Noone likes exploiters.

indeed

exploiter who knowing defend a bug are scum. thank you OP for bringing this to light. ignore the butthurt idiot

So you would rather keep quiet about a bug that is in your favor ?

To me that would be the prime definition of an exploit... deliberate and knowinginly taking advantage of a failing game mechanic.

Noone likes exploiters.

Well, in all fairness, it's an extreme rarity that there's a bug that actually benefits the players, and most Lightning Sorcs I've run with thought it was actually supposed to be like that, as a boost to off-healing, what with the way they've seemed to be adding more utility heals to other classes, like baseline Kolto Missile. But alas, no such luck. Just another bug in the pile of bugs. Now... The fact that it's a beneficial bug like this that gets quashed ASAP... That's neither here nor there. Though, considering recent bug "fixes"... I'm gonna wait until live to judge.

Edited by Zuntrios

^I think she Is upset that this very easy game does not have an easier version to play :p

you probably haven't seen her posts in other threads: she always rants about how easy this game is and now she wrote this.. lol :D

I'm really glad that this bug was adressed so quickly

Really? You just couldn't keep your friggen mouth shut about it huh?

Every friggen MMO game there always has to be a goodie twoshoes with their nose stuck up the devs butts. With all the damn negative bugs that occur and affect players you can't just let the positive ones slide for a bit can you?

Also spare me your "holier than thou" reply about how you are some kind of purist and want all bugs positive or negative in fashion fixed. I can't stand the "students" that go running to the teacher all the friggen time.

lol hilarious :cool:

Well, figuring this thread has 15 posts and over 700 views, I'd imagine that many more people thought the exact same anything but new better than to say anything less they be burned at the stake.

The Test server is supposed to be there to test things.

Pfffffffffft... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Alright... I'll be nice, and go with the thought that you haven't been on the forums very much. But seriously, have you ever taken a peek at the PTS forums? All those bugs that were reported and went live. Quite a few gamebreaking bugs exist right now. The OP roll bug that freezes you in place, crashes in flashpoints? Seriously. We've reported TONS of bugs. Tons and tons of bugs that should have been fixed ASAP. And what gets priortiy? Something like this, which would actually be a pretty nice perk to players. In fact, I'd just say instead of fixing it, give it to both sides. They made 2.0 all about utility... THIS is utility. But, nope. It's a beneficial bug. Must be quashed... *sigh*

Pfffffffffft... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Alright... I'll be nice, and go with the thought that you haven't been on the forums very much. But seriously, have you ever taken a peek at the PTS forums? All those bugs that were reported and went live. Quite a few gamebreaking bugs exist right now. The OP roll bug that freezes you in place, crashes in flashpoints? Seriously. We've reported TONS of bugs. Tons and tons of bugs that should have been fixed ASAP. And what gets priortiy? Something like this, which would actually be a pretty nice perk to players. In fact, I'd just say instead of fixing it, give it to both sides. They made 2.0 all about utility... THIS is utility. But, nope. It's a beneficial bug. Must be quashed... *sigh*

If it was beneficial to both factions I wouldn't care if it was backburner'd to fix other high priority bugs, but since this creates a factional imbalance, it becomes a very high priority and as such, should be squashed immediately.

If it was beneficial to both factions I wouldn't care if it was backburner'd to fix other high priority bugs, but since this creates a factional imbalance, it becomes a very high priority and as such, should be squashed immediately.

I know, I know. I'm completely in agreement that this needs to be fixed. I'm just amazed at that well, not only was that an instant "Bam! We fix this!" But also, that, instead of giving it to both sides, which, as you can see, some of us thought it was on purpose... They decide to fix it by removing it instead.

I know, I know. I'm completely in agreement that this needs to be fixed. I'm just amazed at that well, not only was that an instant "Bam! We fix this!" But also, that, instead of giving it to both sides, which, as you can see, some of us thought it was on purpose... They decide to fix it by removing it instead.

Considering they called it a bug, and responded so quickly to it while also giving us a date it would be released, my guess is either:

a) They've known about it for a while, and had already planned on fixing it before this thread was posted.

b) They realized it was unintended, and it was a miniscule fix -- like changing one or two properties around in the talent object

Considering they called it a bug, and responded so quickly to it while also giving us a date it would be released, my guess is either:

a) They've known about it for a while, and had already planned on fixing it before this thread was posted.

b) They realized it was unintended, and it was a miniscule fix -- like changing one or two properties around in the talent object

Eh. Either way. I'm just poking fun. I know the players have known about it for a while, because it popped up as soon as 2.0 hit, but, considering it didn't make it into 2.1? I seriously doubt they've known about it for TOO long. Or that the fix is actually easy. Who knows? Like I said. Just poking fun. The thread has no real point to be open after the gold response. Besides, if this was another MMO, you'd be seeing nothing but the age old quote "Fun has been detected, and nerfed accordingly."

Hi lovefool,

This mirror imbalance is a bug, and we've got it fixed in Game Update 2.1.1 such that Lightning Effusion will correctly affect only Force attacks rather than all Force abilities. If the intended patch changes, I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you!

~Amber

On a completely unrelated note, dont you just love when you get to call your customers fools just because they named themselves that?

No matter if they are fools or not :p

Wait... what? :eek:

Once again BW Imperial Favoritism issue? :rolleyes:

Really? :confused:

Don't forget, we're imperials. It isn't favoritism -- it is always one of two things:

1.) We've found a way to cheat the system.

2.) We've bribed QA members to "overlook" bugs on the imperial side.

^.^ Let the hatred course through you.

The reasoning behind my posting was the potential harm it could do in PvP.

As I have stated before, this particular bug was a "help" when levelling my toon (though I noticed it quite later on around lvl 53) and I thought great, this is going to make levelling my undergeared char and companion easier and didn't really bother with reporting it but that was due the fact that I did not realise, back then, what it could do in the pvp world (since I don't pvp so it didn't cross my mind until I duelled someone).

And since I haven't heard anyone talk about it, either in game or the forums and none of my guildies mentioned it either until I told them, I thought to myself that maybe they do not know about this issue so I decided to post about it.

Yes, it was a nice thing to have for levelling and in PvE situations where it was helpful, but I imagine it being quite important in PvP where it could provide someone with an unfair advantage. Now I am sure the "hate" I am getting for this would be "praise" were you the one being killed by a sorc that could heal himself to full without losing any force :).

Be it as it may, it seems some people have said it got fixed which is good for PvPers but meh for PvEers but if you relied too much on a bug to succeed maybe you should re-think the class you are playing or the play style of yours.

Anywho, sorry to all those who feel "cheated" by me reporting something BIOWARE already knew about. Take care.

Edited by lovefool