Question about Imperial Intelligence (agent spoilers)

E-Zekiel

Does anyone know what the "canon" ending for the Imperial Agent is?

In my own, it was disbanded and my agent became a self-governing assassin/spy. But I was wondering if, in the grand canon of the game, Imperial Intelligence still exists?

Part of why I ask is that judging from the movies (probably 4 and 5 most of all), Imperial Intelligence is clearly no longer a thing by that time period, with direct oversight and governance by the sith. That's why I ask. So is Imperial Intelligence dissolved at the tail end of SWTOR, or does this likely occur later, canonically?

For now, canon is whatever you want it to be.

However, regardless of your choices, Imperial Intelligence is indeed disbanded just after Voss, with a new "Sith Intelligence" bound to replace it down the line.

There's no choice on that one.

As an Imperial Agent, you can press Darth Marr on the subject during the ending for Makeb, but apart from promising whatever resources he can spare, Marr doesn't seem interested in restoring Intelligence as it once was.

EDIT:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I don't know if I'd say it's canon, but it certainly makes a lot more sense with the rest of the content if you remain an Imperial loyalist who doesn't keep the black codex for themselves, for the most part because a whole lot of quest npcs continue to know who you are specifically and what you did in the past.

For now, canon is whatever you want it to be.

However, regardless of your choices, Imperial Intelligence is indeed disbanded just after Voss, with a new "Sith Intelligence" bound to replace it down the line.

Considering that "Sith Intelligence" has not once been brought up since the conclusion of the Imperial Agent's storyline, I seriously wonder how the Empire can even keep up the war effort without an intelligence agency. It just seems like every Sith Lord just has his own intelligence service, like Baras did.

It has been a while since I reached that point in the Agent's storyline, but I still feel that disbanding Imperial Intelligence and the Operations Division was the stupidest thing the Empire could have done.

EDIT:

Interesting. So, Marr essentially tells the Agent "You have my blessing. Do with your authority what you will.", is that it? For someone so focussed on the security and prosperity of the Empire, that seems awfully disinterested for someone like Marr.

Considering that "Sith Intelligence" has not once been brought up since the conclusion of the Imperial Agent's storyline, I seriously wonder how the Empire can even keep up the war effort without an intelligence agency. It just seems like every Sith Lord just has his own intelligence service, like Baras did.

It has been a while since I reached that point in the Agent's storyline, but I still feel that disbanding Imperial Intelligence and the Operations Division was the stupidest thing the Empire could have done.

Interesting. So, Marr essentially tells the Agent "You have my blessing. Do with your authority what you will.", is that it? For someone so focussed on the security and prosperity of the Empire, that seems awfully disinterested for someone like Marr.

Well, I think Marr may be more trusting of the Agent. He recognises them as ultimately competent, and also smart enough to know what the best options for increasing security are, and so he may be taking the occasional glance over their shoulder, but not much other than that. He's also in the middle of rebuilding the Empire's defences, which would be quite strenuous and time consuming, so he may be slightly stressed by it, and that's the "Yeah, sure, if you want, just let me get on with this." option. You are a Special Projects Commander, which is essentially the same level as Keeper was.

Wasn't Sith Intelligence brought up Republic side during the Seeds of Rage storyline?

Since you enjoy nitpicking every now and then, let me be the one to tell you that his name is Cedral :p

Silly me. :p

My home team was playing against France yesterday, and there was a player from the football team I root named Cedric; Probably came from there.

And I don't nitpick. I... Errrrrr... :confused:

Perfect. That's it. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

but I still feel that disbanding Imperial Intelligence and the Operations Division was the stupidest thing the Empire could have done.

I completely agree with you on this. During wartime operations surely an Intelligence arm is needed more than ever? Star Cabal may have been incredibly influential, but surely this would have been common sense? No, I guess not.

I do think that Darth Marr is pretty cluey though and is the de facto ruler of the Empire since the Emperor is stuffed in a 'coffin' somewhere after getting his *** handed to him so I would think that Darth Marr would see the need to reintroduce the intelligence service. Having said that though, I would also like to think that just how many problems constant sith oversight has caused so may be willing to dismiss the possibility of another Darth Jadus, especially since he himself is disgusted by all the sith infighting that has occured and the grevious loss of resources as a result.

Does anyone know what the "canon" ending for the Imperial Agent is?

Yes, Imperial intelligence has been disbanded and the Minister of Intelligence [Formerly Keeper] doesn't believe it will ever be restored. The Star Cabal is gone, except for fragments, and Cypher 9 is operating as an independent operative with a small support team.