How do you head canon the fact that jedi own strongholds?

adormitul

Or houses or whatever you wanna name them the point is how do you head canon them. As you know jedi are not allowed many material possessions besides their clothes, their ship, their lightsaber and maybe some droids but this are necessary for their line or work.

But still owning a house is a big material possession so how do you explain it?

Or houses or whatever you wanna name them the point is how do you head canon them. As you know jedi are not allowed many material possessions besides their clothes, their ship, their lightsaber and maybe some droids but this are necessary for their line or work.

Easy: they don't own it, the Order does. It's simply kept on retainer for whichever Jedi of certain prominence happens to need a place to crash that night.

The same way I head canon the fact that my Jedi has more speeders than Jay Leno has cars, and is walking around with 12 Million in credits, 40 or so light sabers in the bank, and 8 or so outfits that I can instantly change into whenever I want.

It's a game feature, but once you hit the new chapters it sort of makes more sense that after the Jedi Order is destroyed and you are the resistance that you might put a stronghold on one of the original worlds to better fight the EE from.

There's mentions in game about Jedi owning things. Some Jedi mention their things. Can't remember exact instances but it's there. Perhaps during this time Jedi are allowed to have possessions? I'm actually not all that sure.

Edited by Rhyltran

My Jedi are from a splinter faction of the Alderaanian Teral Noble House. Their great-grandfather was force sensitive and the family created a trust for him and his descendants. My jedis' wealth goes into the trust, which they can pull from when they need, but normally they only do so for things to help them in their duties.

So my main has created a Jedi training center on Coruscant with her trust fund and purchased her ship from the Jedi Order.

Edited by Master-Nala

Truth be told, depending on the situation, it doesn't seem like Jedi really give up *all* their worldly possessions - Count Dooku (who was Yoda's apprentice, remember) still had his personal/family fortune to fall back on when he left.

Still, it's very likely the Jedi Order "owns" several strongholds across the galaxy, so that any member of their order can use them for various purposes. The same with the Trooper and Imperial Agent - the strongholds for them could be said to be owned by the Republic Military and Imperial Intelligence (respectively) - though, depending how much each is paid (which could be a bit for the Trooper, being a member of Special Forces), it could conceivably be owned by them. The Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, and Sith characters very likely own their strongholds (with the Sith "inheriting" theirs from their masters ;) ).

I wonder is the trooper not allowed to do advertising for extra cash after all he is very very popular to put it like that since he is a war hero who brought victory to battles. Can he not advertise for a speed or a blaster or type of food to enlarge his income?

And the imperial agent is not allowed to keep all the credit gained during his undercover missions?

I wonder is the trooper not allowed to do advertising for extra cash after all he is very very popular to put it like that since he is a war hero who brought victory to battles. Can he not advertise for a speed or a blaster or type of food to enlarge his income?

"I am Commander Havoc, and this is my favorite store on Carrick Station."